The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth.

This is exactly how I feel.

I think this is something that very much could benefit from being addressed, regardless. Even if it was just saying "blueprint for this super special item we aren't telling you ANYTHING ELSE about" rather than "top secret reward" with no further information -- which is actually probably the very best way to do it.

What I feel that they have done incorrectly is, that they have not made the reward usable immediately upon being received. 

Oh hell, they could have just given us 1 Pistol Ammo Box for the whole event, i'd be fine with that, as long as I can use it the moment I receive it. 

That is my ONLY gripe with this event.

What I feel that they have done incorrectly is, that they have not made the reward usable immediately upon being received. 

Oh hell, they could have just given us 1 Pistol Ammo Box for the whole event, i'd be fine with that, as long as I can use it the moment I receive it. 

But Eeshann...

They gave 100k credits instantly.  That's 100 Pistol Ammo boxes by your statement above.

Not being difficult mate, just pointing out, they did try to ensure you received a significant instant reward along with the delayed one as they did see it needed a 'right now' payoff too.

Just saying, they did think of that and try to do something to placate that delay.

I downvoted you, heres why: That is a lie. You know good and damn well if the reward for this was a lousy ammo box you would be, like most of the other posters here today, freaking out and threatening DE with withdrawl of support, etc.

I downvoted you, heres why: That is a lie. You know good and damn well if the reward for this was a lousy ammo box you would be, like most of the other posters here today, freaking out and threatening DE with withdrawl of support, etc.

I think everyone understood he was exaggerating. The point he makes is independent of a slightly exaggerated alternate universe posited in the post to reinforce said point.

So you think you know me ? 

Enough of the bickering, guys.

I personally do not see a problem. We all have a blueprint in our inventory, that gives us the ability to craft a pretty sweet prize. We may not be able to craft it yet, as the Materials required are only accessible in Update 8 onwards. The mere fact that we at least HAVE the blueprint, locked in on our inventories, should serve as enough encouragement to have participated. On top of the Blueprint, all participants got themselves 100k Credits. That's quite a bit, if you consider that all our runs through Europa generally netted us 3700 credits per run.

I can understand that the prize may not be immediately completely redeemable. But in this manner, players can look forward to the new Update in a new way. A unique/exclusive Blueprint is a pretty awesome prize, even if we couldn't build it until 2015. Not all prizes necessarily need to be Instantly redeemable, in my opinion, and technically, this Operation really has been. We already have the Blueprint AND the 100k credits. The credits themselves can do many things, from buying weapons, to supplies, to upgrading your amazing mod harvest from Europa.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Oh no.... someone has to wait for a free gift to be useful.  That has to suck.

Imagine going on a long and, for some, difficult quest where you have to grind thousands of a semi-rarely spawning enemy.You complete the quest, only after doing two days of nothing but the quest.

You are awarded a key.

You search for information on said key, and discover that the key is used for a box that is only findable several weeks from now.

The n you discover that not only do you have to find the box, you also have to grind EVEN MORE to be able to open the box, and even then it'll take 3 1/2 days to open.

Ever heard of an MMO EVER doing this? No. Cause it's stupid.

Imagine going on a long and, for some, difficult quest where you have to grind thousands of a semi-rarely spawning enemy.You complete the quest, only after doing two days of nothing but the quest.

You are awarded a key.

You search for information on said key, and discover that the key is used for a box that is only findable several weeks from now.

The n you discover that not only do you have to find the box, you also have to grind EVEN MORE to be able to open the box, and even then it'll take 3 1/2 days to open.

Yeah, the normal thing for F2P MMOs to do is to give you a crap ton of little boxes during an event that you can only open by going into the cash shop and spending real money on keys to open the boxes and get something crappy and generic 90% of the time. That's how things should be done.

I mean patience? Pfft, who's got time to be patient?

Yeah, the normal thing for F2P MMOs to do is to give you a crap ton of little boxes during an event that you can only open by going into the cash shop and spending real money on keys to open the boxes and get something crappy and generic 90% of the time. That's how things should be done.

I mean patience? Pfft, who's got time to be patient?

Loved the last joke (that wasn't sarcasm, in case you were wondering).

I'm not mad at the Free Stuff, I'm frustrated that I spent 2 days on nothing but Corpus maps and got a reward i have to wait ~2 1/2 weeks to use, and  even then it'll still cost a warframe slot.

You are awarded a key.

I take it you've never heard of a scavenger hunt. Don't ever participate in one. You'll hate it.

You are awarded a key.

This is exactly how I felt. But TBH we're going to get hated on and mocked by the guys who can hear no evil spoken about DE and it's actions. 

lol might as well go all-out WoW forum-style as constructive criticism about DE's actions is not welcomed by the majority here.

This is exactly how I felt. But TBH we're going to get hated on and mocked by the guys who can hear no evil spoken about DE and it's actions. 

lol might as well go all-out WoW forum-style as constructive criticism about DE's actions is not welcomed by the majority here.

Hold the phone.

Not once have I mocked you, nor have I said anything other than while I disagreed with you, you have a point.  I do think you have been a bit narrow in your interpretation, and are not faultless in your actions, but that's my prerogative just as its yours to have argued your point; on the whole quite fairly.

You're not being nearly fair in that aspersion that those disagreeing with you are somehow acting with willful ignorance to DE's actions.

I, and several others, have offered no hate.  And I don't agree with fishworshipper, but I do get the point he's making as well.  Grey's rebuttal is apt, albeit forceful, as a counterpoint.

Kindly reconsider your posture here mate, you were doing far better than that.

I'm not mad at the Free Stuff, I'm frustrated that I spent 2 days on nothing but Corpus maps and got a reward i have to wait ~2 1/2 weeks to use, and  even then it'll still cost a warframe slot.

I'll admit, I don't feel that the Frost Prime BP was the gift of gifts that I would have loved to get, but it was a fairly sudden event that didn't last very long. I enjoyed the event though, it gave me some direction. I was at the point where I was just joining in on random friends' missions. It also introduced a new enemy (2 if you count the drone it pops out) and enemy weapon, the heat beam.

I'm happy with the event and okay with the reward. If you didn't like either of those, well that's your opinion. You defend yours and I'll defend mine.

Grey's rebuttal is apt, albeit forceful, as a counterpoint.

Awww, you DO care <3

Ironically this is the single post with the greatest amount of mockery in the thread, simply directed to those who disagree with your opinion.

Disagreement with your viewpoint is not a form of mockery, nor has there been a single response to you intended to do so past the first few responses (And they are usually like that, then the people who care actually put forth more constructive points). If you feel your opinion is the correct one, that's all well and good, but to then start speaking fallacies like that isn't cool, and doesn't help your argument. At the end of the day, we're all here for making the game a better place.