Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambush

IntegerDevourer

To spice up missions a bit, I was thinking that it'd be a blast to walk right into an enemy trap. Perhaps, the ship goes into lock-down and as you go to the control panel, you are flanked by troops. It could even work in Infestation levels, come up to a Bypass door and suddenly infested drop from the ceiling. Thoughts?

I like the idea, but they'd need to put in a way to back out of the panel... I actually already die a lot from saw blade guys comming up behind me when I'm on a panel, It's a real pain.

But I'd also think it should only happen in the bigger rooms. And it should be a sort of mini-boss mechanic on some of the more specific levels, like some of the alerts.

The ambush would idealy start before they enter the panel, I agree that getting mauled while attempting to hack would be a horrible experience. Perhaps remove the panel from the equation and have one of the enemies (maybe a mini-boss) drop the key or have the doors unlock afterwards (ala Legend of Zelda :D)

The ambush would idealy start before they enter the panel, I agree that getting mauled while attempting to hack would be a horrible experience. Perhaps remove the panel from the equation and have one of the enemies (maybe a mini-boss) drop the key or have the doors unlock afterwards (ala Legend of Zelda :D)

Not a bad idea, It woudn't be all that suprising for the enemy factions to wise up and learn where you might be heading and set up a trap.