Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Relationships Seem A Bit Messy

Nyaughty

Hello
it looks like the syndicate relationships (allies-enemies) were chosen randomly and not lore-based

this seems more logical to me:

Steel Meridian  allied with New Loka
Protectors of the innocent and those who believe in humanity

Cephalon Suda allied with the Perrin Sequence
Cephalon who seeks data/knowledge and brilliant mechanics (intel?)

Arbiters of Hexis allied with the Red Veil
The Arbiters seek truth and the veil seeks to "cleanse" the corrupt (well, those two remain)

also, even if you don't like those you can see that the current ones don't make sense
the veil seeks to purge the corrupt..while meridian protects? dafaq?

the cephalon and arbiters seems OK (the truth is knowledge i assume)
looking forward to see your ideas on this

As a member of the Red Veil, I assasinate all that seek to harm the "week" and Protect those "weeklings" by putting a blade in each of their hands and telling them to throw them at the next enemy they see, for "no man left behind" to me (in WF case) means: we'll get out of here alive the sooner you know how to kill and run like the Space Ninja I am D;

Arbiters are the enemy D; Its like "Well these guys look like Loki, I'll join them since I have a Loki ;D...But I main Ash...hmmm OH RED VEIL ARE ASSASINS? [{#]},{[#]} My Ash is ready. I like the way they have the syns....otherwise it'll be Assasins/Monks(Ninjas) vs. Greed/Knowldge(IT) vs. Protectors/Saviours(Gaia)

Honestly, all should be neutral towards each other. Their goals are each different, none overlapping. Well, maybe Steel Meridian and New Loka, as both would be opposed to the Grineer, New Loka specifically against Grineer on Earth in order to clear it of Grineer presence and repopulate it. Other than that, they are all separate with their own goals. That said, because their goals are separate, it doesn't really make sense to fight for more than one, as their goals are that separate. Focus on the goals of one would actually distract from the goals of another.

i see...you're both correct...also i don't get why they have to send assassins to kills us..i mean, the lotus saved us from the cryo-stasis before Vor gets us and did everything to achieve this, why would she HOUSE THE SYNDICATES ON THE RELAYS, when they send assassin squads on us?? 
"hmm you chose the monks? we the assassins will send some of us to kill you from our headquarters in your relay, i hope the lotus understands"

to be honest i was expecting the corpus, grineer, infested, red veil, defult lotus (and possibly corrupt vor) to be the main syndicates and not the ones we have now. after reading about them it doesn't make sense they would hate each other. all wish to fix up the galaxy (save cephlon suda who just want to be know it alls). 

Yeah. I just want the Syndicates to be a vehicle through which we can get some more lore: about the Colonies and the Grineer through Steel Meridian, about the Void and the Tenno through the Arbiters, about Earth, its history, its demise, and the rise of the Orokin empire through New Loka, about the bosses, their interplay, this system council thing that Vay Hek was Chairman of, and the rise of the Grineer and Corpus through Red Veil, about the Corpus inner workings, history, and their obsession with Orokin tech through Perrin Sequence, and about Orokin tech through Cephalon Suda. I want players to be able to permanently join them as a means of some end-game progression, opening up specialized, Syndicate-specific missions, gear, weapons, cosmetics, Quests, and lore for players that join these Syndicates. I want a default Lotus Syndicate for those who choose not to join any of these syndicates, and for that to be a source for revealing more about the Tenno with regards to the Orokin-Sentient War and the Tenno development and treatment during that time, as well as a source for more weapons, gear, cosmetics, missions, and Quests specific to that Syndicate.

I don't want a PVP-centric Syndicate, or a Mastery Syndicate, as I think each Syndicate should offer content for those kinds of players as well - I think each Syndicate should offer its own Conclave missions, as well as Conclave and PVP missions existing for Syndicates to compete with each other, in addition to Conclave and PVP missions existing outside of the Syndicate system. I think that each Syndicate should offer a means of gaining mastery that isn't solely based on acquiring every single item in the game. Acquiring every single thing in the game is not an indicator of experience, or veterancy, or skill. It is merely an indicator of who is obsessed with having every item in the game, nothing more. I would rather mastery be based on time spent playing the game, as that is the indicator of who is a veteran and who isn't. Those who have played the game for a long time have played long enough to know what they like and what they don't like, what fits their play style and what doesn't, and moving away from mastery being obtained solely through how many weapons and frames one maxes out is a step in the right direction for warframe and how we determine who has "mastered" the game.

This is what I want out of Warframe, and what I want out of Syndicates. Changing up Syndicate relations and making them neutral, to pave the way for expanding Syndicates into an endgame system, would be amazing for Warframe, imo. Yes, the Syndicate relations are messy, and seem rather random, as random as the Telos Akbolto being blue with yellow-green lights because, "reasons", as random as the Vasto Prime being released with orange metal, and not gold, because "we just picked a random color", as random as Tenno fighting each other's Solar Rails, because, again, "reasons". Too much of this game seems happenstance, random, half-done, and not thought-out. It'd be great if there could be some cohesiveness between the different features and elements of this game. Too bad DE isn't serious about doing that and generally ignores suggestions such as this.

Edited by AntoineFlemming