Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spear And Shield Combo?

(XBOX)xLone Arkangelx

I was thinking about a Spear and shield combo similar to things from way back like the Spartans and such.  i'm not much of an artist so if some wants to take this idea on feel free :]  I just wanted to discuss it and see if anyone was interested in seeing something like this.

The primary damage would be puncture with maybe a little more impact and a lower slash. I was thinking the shield could be more circular and larger than the ageis, so that it would have pretty decent blocking. and maybe the spear could also work as a throwing weapon while also having the ability to stab and impale up close.

You could also block while retrieving the spear out of an impaled enemy when you throw it, unless the idea of having multiple spears so you could throw a few and hang on to one sounds better lol.

Don't really have a name for it yet, anyways just an idea I thought i'd share.

For this to be effective, we need to get spears first. Currently there aren't any stabbing weapons. Everything we use is swinging (slashing).

Once we get stabbing, Rapiers and Spears, I'm sure something like this wouldn't be to far.

I think something like this would be cool too.