Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding The Perfect Automatic Rifle...

Neselas

Greetings and welcome to the forums. Congratulations on your first post.

Each weapon has its own advantages and disadvantages that pander to a certain game-play or preference which are individual and different from user to user.

Latron is a semi-auto sniper-rifle that allows for good precision and has a small, 15-rounds, magazine which allows for repeated shots. It is in particular favorite for sharpshooters scoring headshots for quick kills.

Grakata is a short-range machine gun which showers bullets in a narrow frontal cone. It yields low damage and is inclined towards critical hits.

Burston is a medium-range semi-auto assault rifle that operates much like its real life counter part whereas each squeeze of the trigger will render a burst of 3 rounds being released. It is cumbersome to use for some due to its burst's producing a recoil 'kick' that hinders the accuracy of the second and third rounds. Although professional soldiers should find it quite amicable.

Braton (or Braton mk1) is an all around average full-auto assault rifle. It excels at nothing and fails at nothing.

Snipetron is a long-range sniper rifle. Highly accurate, very deadly. Tiny magazine and long reload time.

Gorgon is a medium-range gatling-gun designed to act as a "bullet hose" and sprays a wide area with suppressive cover fire. It is good for engaging shielded opponents, tearing their protection down quickly or for dealing with a weak mob. It requires a short time until its barrels reach their max revolution velocity.

Boltor is a short-range full-auto carbine that shoots bolts which ignore armour, thus delivering the full payload of their damage capability. It can operate at medium ranges but becomes a little inaccurate. The bolts often require lead-on in order to hit their target due to their, comparatively, lower muzzle velocity.

Hek, Boar, Strun are varying flavours of shotguns. Your mileage may vary.

Paris is the only silent weapon in the game, thus geared towards stealth. Shoots bolt-styled arrows which ignore armour. Functions as one would expect of a bow. Has no magazines, uses an arrow-esque quiver. Requires lead-on to land a hit. Stringing the bow to its maximum doubles the damage and velocity of bolt.

Best Regards,

Your post was very insightful OriKlein, thanks so much! It has been quite difficult for me to try to pick a "replacement" for my currently high-leveled MK1. But it already shows age as no matter how modded it is: it doesn't hold the candle as well on later levels.

Armored units have proven to be a problem where my Lex with armor piercings capabilities had the upper hand (even against a tide of enemies, several headshots well placed reduce any group in a matter of two reloads).

I'm not sure what kind of playstyle you like, but personally I've found a lot to like in the Latron. Does decent damage per shot, very accurate, and extremely ammo efficient - you'll never use an ammo box again if you're good with this thing!

At this rate, I'm not much of keeping distance between me and my targets. But as the MK1 feels less deadly on later stages, I've been forced to keep distance. I'm halfway into a Frost Suit, a Scindo, I already got a Lex (as I mentioned above) and I feel like I need a complementary Assault Rifle to all my upcoming stuff.

Infected hunting and withstanding waves of armored enemies have proven to be quite a feat, so far.

Thanks for commenting!

Grak works well with crit mods, but ONLY if it's potatoed. Crit should be your last priority, and you'll end up having to sacrifice stuff like reload and max ammo in order to fit it in. The reason it does so well with crits is not just the extra +50% crit chance, but the extra +50% BASE crit multiplier as well. This means that a fully maxxed Vital sense (+120%) brings it to a multiplier of x4.4 instead of every other weapons multiplier of 3.3 - an increase of 1/3rd.

What you do is this:

+Dmg

+Multishot

+Specific element

+Crit chance/damage

And then peripherals. Instead of stacking offset elements which will only do 25-40% damage, you're stacking Crit damage, which will increase normal damage as well as the element that deals 200-400% effective damage.

That said, Grakata's spread at longer range makes it frustrating to use without a Lex.

Edited by Darzk

Braton Vandal because highest base crit chance rifle out of all the rifles and uhhh has the best polarity slots. Can pretty much use every mod on it without worry of energy. Oh right no more Braton Vandal for some of you. =[.

Edited by --Sensei--

Grak works well with crit mods, but ONLY if it's potatoed.

Anything works like well if potato'd and modded....

What I meant is Grak /w a crit build can have potentially the highest DPS in a some scenarios.

Okay, specifically the only scenario is sustained DPS against Grineer, at time of posting I thought it might be more common.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40907-crit-rof-and-offspec-elements-a-conclusion/

Also, RoF is king for burst DPS if you use ammo packs or a good sidearm.

Edited by Darzk