Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My History Of Dealing With Bullying And Harassment. We Have To Do What We Can.

Janzer

This is about Bullying and Harassment in gaming and in life. My history of dealing with bullying and harassment. If you can understand what I'm saying, please share this. Even better, Tweet it at @Twitch. They need to not allow this behavior to be livestreamed and cheered, which is something that happened recently to in my alliance.

I think it's not only some people who look on life negatively, but I think they feel empowered when they get someone aggravated. This behavior only increases when you're online because you can just put on a facade and pretend that you're someone else. At that point the only warning they get is a ban, but they can make another account and still annoy the hell out of you without a true consequence *like you pointed out, aside from another person whom will stand up for that person that being harassed.

Then their people like me from back then that like to avoid this and pretend it's not happening, I hate harassment but I hate being in the center of attention and going in the line of fire. I just like to say you really had the balls to do what you had to do, because I'm scared of the retaliation. But I think the main problem is people are sheep, fear spread like crazy. The me now? I will retaliate and prefer to get physical. However since it's online the best I can do is report and hope for the best. 

You honestly though remain me of my best friend. This big guy always picked on him, and all my friend did was counter him with verbal word, and got him to chase him only for my friend to side step and trip him. He would also tell on anyone that would happen to bully our group of friends. I quite liked your commentary as well and you're history of dealing with bully. 

It's not easy, but I find that online, there's a level playing field. It's just words and thoughts that we're using. Unfortunately not everyone has built up the mental toughness or the ability to deflect. Some people are really depressed or are dealing with anxiety.

So it's fine to mess around with people that you know are ok with that behavior. But bringing something like racist comments, death threats, and constant harassment to many, shouldn't be something we have to deal with. This isn't console level of abuse though. I think I've heard worse with people screaming at others on games like COD, BF, and GoW. I can't fight those battles, because it's not my platform, not my world. But, I wouldn't put up with it.

In the digital world, no one needs to stand for this behavior. It's easy to report that kind of behavior, just make sure to hit that screen capture and send to support your issues.

In the digital world, no one needs to stand for this behavior. It's easy to report that kind of behavior, just make sure to hit that screen capture and send to support your issues.

Or just close the computer/ignore the person. Cyber-bullying is as effective as a fly trying to punch your face if you just ignore the person. 

Or just close the computer/ignore the person. Cyber-bullying is as effective as a fly trying to punch your face if you just ignore the person. 

But how are you supposed to know that X person is going to bully you untill he/she actually does it ? You can't guess, and the words he/she'd have said by now could, and will most likely have done enough damage already, and ignoring them/closing your computer isn't gonna change that, it might actually satisify the bully's ego because he/she will think he/she succeeded at his/her task of being an a$$hole.

Reporting that person to have her banned is one solution, not the best one since nothing can prevent them from creating another account to harass you, but if they had some progress on their old one, it might discourage them.

Reporting that person to have her banned is one solution, not the best one since nothing can prevent them from creating another account to harass you, but if they had some progress on their old one, it might discourage them.

IP ban. It's not that hard for a lot of sites to do. 

Hell, report the bully directly to someone you know. 

If you don't know them personally, ignore them. Because once that's done, they have no power.

Made another account? Keep blocking them. 

But how are you supposed to know that X person is going to bully you untill he/she actually does it ? You can't guess, and the words he/she'd have said by now could, and will most likely have done enough damage already, and ignoring them/closing your computer isn't gonna change that, it might actually satisify the bully's ego because he/she will think he/she succeeded at his/her task of being an a$$hole.

As soon as you see someone trying to bully you via social networking sites, you just use an ignore feature and leave it at that. Literally, you'll solve the problem immediately. It wont inflate their ego, because they wont be able to get to you anymore and so they'll have no power over you and if it does, then good. You aren't being bullied anymore because they feel that they've done what they wanted and its done.

The little that I've discovered on this subject is, yes, it's an impossibly large task. It's different from dealing with these issues when there is a person in front of you. Both are hard to handle straight on.

But I can't see that difficulty as something that makes me say, ok I won't bother. Maybe I'm just in a position now to start advocating for change because of what I've started to build over 2 years on my youtube channel.

I do know this. So far, not many people want to even talk to me about this subject, when it comes to the companies. Twitch hasn't responded to me at all. Digital Extremes did, and they said the alliance chat being open after a clan is booted is now on their radar. That's at least something.

I might be the biggest damn fool for deciding this impossible fight is something I want to take up. But, that's my choice to at least address that gaming culture doesn't need this.

Yes you could. You could close Warframe every time someone is harassing you. You could ban their account from your sight. But in alliance chat when a clan is removed, that clan still retains the ability to spam whatever they feel. And apparently the attitude is, they're going to spam any and everything they feel they want to, because there is no direct consequence, and more importantly because we don't have the option for them not to other than each and every person blocking them.

That's a little unrealistic. Your feedback is important though because it allows us to look at how people handle it now. Why should I allow someone to have that level of power and control over me though? It's a question to ask yourself.

Yes you could. You could close Warframe every time someone is harassing you. You could ban their account from your sight. But in alliance chat when a clan is removed, that clan still retains the ability to spam whatever they feel. And apparently the attitude is, they're going to spam any and everything they feel they want to, because there is no direct consequence, and more importantly because we don't have the option for them not to other than each and every person blocking them.

That's a little unrealistic. Your feedback is important though because it allows us to look at how people handle it now. Why should I allow someone to have that level of power and control over me though? It's a question to ask yourself.

Then head to your clan chat. If the alliance chat is that active and it's being spammed constantly, then logically, your clan chat is the next place for the people you're familiar with to hang out and chat. True, it doesn't solve it directly, but it is a solution.

And no, I'm not saying "close warframe". You can directly take screenshots and send it to a DE member, not through support, but directly to a member via forums (most notably Rebecca or Megan, but only if the situation calls for it). They will take care of it almost immediately. 

And they have no power, especially if it's cyber bullying. I've been cyber bullied, and for a time I didn't know what the hell to do. The guy (from school no less) just kept harassing me on FB. You know what I did when I had enough of it? I blocked him. And then when he met me at school, he started to do things for real. I reported him, and I haven't seen him since. 

Bottom line: If it's via cyber bullying, then simply ignore and block the person doing it. 

Then head to your clan chat. If the alliance chat is that active and it's being spammed constantly, then logically, your clan chat is the next place for the people you're familiar with to hang out and chat. True, it doesn't solve it directly, but it is a solution.

And no, I'm not saying "close warframe". You can directly take screenshots and send it to a DE member, not through support, but directly to a member via forums (most notably Rebecca or Megan, but only if the situation calls for it). They will take care of it almost immediately. 

And they have no power, especially if it's cyber bullying. I've been cyber bullied, and for a time I didn't know what the hell to do. The guy (from school no less) just kept harassing me on FB. You know what I did when I had enough of it? I blocked him. And then when he met me at school, he started to do things for real. I reported him, and I haven't seen him since. 

Bottom line: If it's via cyber bullying, then simply ignore and block the person doing it. 

You're trying too hard to negate what I'm saying. Avoiding Alliance chat isn't answer for the hundreds of players potentially in the chat, when it's 1 or 2 people in a clan that has been BOOTED, but still has access.

Instead of trying to say "it's your fault for wearing a skirt too short", you should realize that this shouldn't be an issue in the first place, if booted clans would not have access to Alliance chat after they are booted.

Basically, you're trying to marginalize the issue. I'm not asking for you to agree with me that this is a problem for you. But I don't appreciate people saying "it's not a problem for me, therefore it's not a problem for anyone else."

Basically, you're trying to marginalize the issue. I'm not asking for you to agree with me that this is a problem for you. But I don't appreciate people saying "it's not a problem for me, therefore it's not a problem for anyone else."

It is not a problem, not even in the slightest. No one should take cyber-bullying seriously. It's as simple as closing the laptop and leaving to go do something else. 

When it comes to actual bullying, then it's a whole different issue. But to me, and many others. Cyberbullying is not a serious issue, because of how simple it is to stop it.

Edited by ScrublordPrime

It is not a problem, not even in the slightest. No one should take cyber-bullying seriously. It's as simple as closing the laptop and leaving to go do something else. 

When it comes to actual bullying, then it's a whole different issue. But to me, and many others. Cyberbullying is not a serious issue, because of how simple it is to stop it.

Your opinion is valid and what it is. We're on opposing ideas of what a problem is and that's perfectly fine with me. But many other people, no need for me to bold that either, consider cyber bullying a problem.

The good thing is, you don't need to try and "win" this argument, just because you feel like my viewpoint isn't aligned with yours.