Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo consumption (all weapons)

reiji

After trying out all the weapons the ammo consumption per damage/kill is pretty balanced for the most part, but could use some tweaking.

Rifles seem to get a bit too much ammo from pick ups, and going out of ammo with the snipetron in particular is nigh impossible, I remember getting to 78/999 ammo for it before the patch on one mission. Rifles get +20 ammo per pick up, but the damage per round is higher than the ammo they get seems to justify.

The shotguns in particular feel really weak in the ammo department, after trying out all the weapons, this was the only set of weapons in which I was constantly out of ammo, and only getting 10 rounds per pickup just doesn't cut it. When my Boar was nearly maxed out with mods and everything pre patch, it would take 3-5 rounds to kill regular grineer/corpus crewmen and 15-20 rounds to kill an elite (ancients/high level grineer). Using a shotgun in a mission almost invariably meant I would be FORCED to use my pistol due to lack of ammo at some point.

On the flip side I felt that all of the rifles, particularly snipers, just get way too much ammo.

When yu run out of pistol ammo you're screwed. But you do get plenty of shotgun ammo even if you don't have the gun! They should make it where yu get ammo for the 2 guns yu have.

this! 90% of the time i just get shotgun ammo