The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Platinum Packages!

FateZero

https://warframe.com/buyplatinum
Rare mod pack C, B, and A.
C gives you 1000 platinum and Thunderbolt mod for $50.
B gives you 2100 platinum, Thunderbolt, and Handspring mods for $100.
A gives you 4300 platinum, Thunderbolt, Handspring, and Retribution mods for $200.

Founders still gives you the most platinum per dollar, but these new packages gives you the new rare mods.

Edited by FateZero

Yes, I did wonder if this offer will replace the founders packs, we know they are on the way out.

Also, I have been farming higher level defence solo trying to get one of the rare mods to drop, hear even Soulie_d has not had one drop, then see this; I hope they have not made them near impossible to get. While I have already spent enough on the game to have bought the A pack, I would not do so just to get these mods if it were the only way to get them.

The mods are obtainable by entirely normal means ingame, so I don't see too much of a problem offering them as a bonus to encourage players to buy plat. It does kinda strike me as a bit odd, though.

We're talking one niche mod(handspring), and two awful mods, and trying to use their rarity to help sell the platinum packs. That's the disgusting part.

Thunderbolt is a 30% chance of an explosive arrow on a weapon based off of accuracy, that fires slowly. RNG is bad enough as is, but when you get past the novelty of an exploding arrow, doesn't that strike you as pretty bad?

Or how about Retribution? maxes at a 60% chance of dealing electrical damage back to melee attackers if your shields are still up when they attack. So it requires your shields are up, requires the attack be melee(so mostly infested), does electrical damage(so useless versus infested), and to make it even worse, it's random, it doesn't even work all the time.

Even if these weren't awful though, the fact that they're trying to use their rarity and them being new to sell large platinum packs is boggling to me.

Edited by Xrylene

They must be really really really rare....

Rares are rare in general then when there's a rare chance you get a rare drop it could any number of the rare mods. So yeah rare is rare combined with RNG.

Edited by FateZero

what do people want, that the admins only sell thin air?

with every single item that they sell some people will complain LOL

as a free player you can get it all as well, so i see no problem with it at all and would admins to encourage to keep using this business system!

It is getting old, people complain if the BP was a Frost, complain if the company is trying to make some money, people complain because this and because of that. FLASH NEWS If you want to eat you have to buy the food unless you are a cow. The DEs are part of a company that needs to make money for something called PAYROLL, no money, no payroll, no payroll no job, no job no game, get your heads out of the sand and stop complaining about every little thing.

The mods are obtainable by entirely normal means ingame, so I don't see too much of a problem offering them as a bonus to encourage players to buy plat. It does kinda strike me as a bit odd, though.

The problem is that rare mod drop rates are completely bonkers right now, and this discourages DE from actually fixing them.

It is getting old, people complain if the BP was a Frost, complain if the company is trying to make some money, people complain because this and because of that. FLASH NEWS If you want to eat you have to buy the food unless you are a cow. The DEs are part of a company that needs to make money for something called PAYROLL, no money, no payroll, no payroll no job, no job no game, get your heads out of the sand and stop complaining about every little thing.

Just let them complain, you can't really control someone's free speech over the internet. This topic wasn't started as a complaint, just to share this information that hasn't been shared yet. Let people have their opinion on the matter and we'll see where this topic goes.

Edited by FateZero

Hi guys,

As with all controversial topics, please try and keep the discussion civil (Is anyone else getting sick of seeing that word? I know I am. Maybe I should look up some synonyms...). Constructive discussion and feedback is appreciated. Insults and personal attacks - whether on other players or DE - are not.

We're talking one niche mod(handspring), and two awful mods, and trying to use their rarity to help sell the platinum packs. That's the disgusting part.

Thunderbolt is a 30% chance of an explosive arrow on a weapon based off of accuracy, that fires slowly. RNG is bad enough as is, but when you get past the novelty of an exploding arrow, doesn't that strike you as pretty bad?

Or how about Retribution? maxes at a 60% chance of dealing electrical damage back to melee attackers if your shields are still up when they attack. So it requires your shields are up, requires the attack be melee(so mostly infested), does electrical damage(so useless versus infested), and to make it even worse, it's random, it doesn't even work all the time.

Even if these weren't awful though, the fact that they're trying to use their rarity and them being new to sell large platinum packs is boggling to me.

I have to agree with you on this one.

These mods are bad, they could have chosen better ones, or made them better.

At the same time they try to lure new players into buying these packs who expect to get good ones and make them ridiculously rare so next to noone obtains them ingame.

Now this, this is money grabbing. They are trying to trick people into getting platinum with those terrible mods?

This is why I posted what I did, dint mean it as an insult, just as a wake up call to everyone, the game needs to make money or we will not have a game. It is not a money grab. You can play the game and be successful without these mods.

I have to agree with you on this one.

These mods are bad, they could have chosen better ones, or made them better.

At the same time they try to lure new players into buying these packs who expect to get good ones and make them ridiculously rare so next to noone obtains them ingame.

Better these new mods than say, Multishot mods. Imagine how the community would re-act if they knew you could get the Multishot mods in such a fashion.  The people who are willing to pay would be happy, but man, the other's would be pretty livid I imagine. Hell, look how most of them get when you give them a free Prime, let alone something like putting a Multishot mod up as part of a package.

Edited by Numbahs

Getting some rare mods with the package sounds fine to me. If they are too rare to find normally might be a problem. But since they are more for show than part a standard arsenal it's all good. Pay to win is one thing but pay to show off and brag about your rare mods.... haha go ahead you have my approval.

so, they add some new mods that you can get any way for free.
they are just trying to sweeten the deal, DE don't have a huge budget, and yet, act very free-player friendly.

for god sake, we just got a FREE PRIME and 100K in credits.
how whiny can people be? 

Edited by EagleRise

This is why I posted what I did, dint mean it as an insult, just as a wake up call to everyone, the game needs to make money or we will not have a game. It is not a money grab. You can play the game and be successful without these mods.

I'm not sure if you quite get it. It's not that I think they're selling power, no, definitely not. I think they're selling stuff that people will think is really good, which will be desirable due to excessive rarity, but in reality it's really bad. If they were selling purely cosmetic stuff, stuff you know what you're getting exactly when you buy it I would not be upset. But in this case they're using rarity hype to sell, and the people who buy into it for those reasons are going to get ripped off.

Just want to make a point. The $50 and $100 packs give the same amount of Platinum as they ever did. The $200 pack is new, but follows the correct math.

The mods are purely bonuses. They are easily found in game, and not strictly purchase-only. The community has pronounced them quite poopy. They're literally just a bonus for people who would buy those platinum packs anyway, a sort of "thank you for supporting us!".

It's a rather crap thank you, but better a crap thank you than a really good one ("PAY2WIN") or none at all.

The only people who are going to buy those are those people who voluntarily decide that those mods and platinum are more valuable than the money or whatever else they could spend with that money.

How is DE doing anything more than providing a service for those that want to purchase it?  Only foolish people call these things money grabs or ripoffs.