Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Riddance To Downvotes!

Naked

In my opinion they were toxic to the community.

Disagreement will now come in terms of a structured forum post instead of a button~ hopefully discussions will be better :D

Edited by Naked

In my opinion they were toxic to the community.

Disagreement will now come in terms of a structured forum post instead of a button~ hopefully discussions will be better :D

Yeah .. like this: -1

Very constructive ^^

True, I generally think this is better than it was before.  Trying to be helpful and (especially) asking people to clarify their posts resulted in many downvotes unnecessarily.  I use votes sparingly anyway, but this is a good change.

Now we just need to get rid of upvotes, as they are equally toxic. Agreement should also be in the form of a forum post.

Well, no.  Seeing half a dozen posts per page of "I agree with you" is worthless and inefficient.

Trolls on the forums ya know.

I made a Topic and received about about -9. I mistakes are tends to get down votes.

I only up-vote the topic if it constructive, well read and useful information. ^_^

Seriously posting anything Glaive related got instant downvotes from the butthurted about a week and a half ago regardless...

As the old adage goes.  "If you can't say something nice, then don't..."

Criticism isn't 'nice' and criticism is necessary.  

Edited by Kyrkitao

Regardless of whether you agree with this change or not, I think you have to admit that it's great that the community of Tenno is getting attention for things that are happening in-and-out of game.  

Guys, the DEs *care* about us, and if something is upsetting people in the community who are honestly trying to help other people and be active, I'm just glad they're paying attention and trying to fix it.

Lame people make company do lame things,freedom of speech?Yea right.If u wasnt wrong or giving stupid thoughts on the forum u wouldnt be downvoted in first place......This was a lame move as far as i am concerned.

People downvoted out of spite and butthurt all the time.  The system wasn't perfect, but upvote only isn't any better.

Criticism isn't 'nice' and criticism is necessary.  

Yeah but instant downvotes, even on any criticism/feedback post Glaive related, all because people didn't get things the way they wanted.  Without leaving any constructive comments, just a red stats mind you.  It's just not a good policy.

Also constructive criticism is the best possible "nice" there is.  After all, if you didn't give a damn why bother?

Downvote someone because they're offensive or making a useless comment/post, but don't do it out of some sort of strange weapon discrimination/jealousy/envy....  that's my point.

Edited by sushidubya