Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bp ? Alerts Should Be Scheduled, Once-Per-Day On A 24 Hr. Timer.

Bonemiser

I think alert system is fine as it is. You have to sacrifice either some time from your life or you can get what you wanted to get anyways under 10$, also it's not hard to keep warframe twitter notifications on your phone so if there is an alert with an item you really need you can go do the alert or phone someone who is at home to do it for you. To be fair in the end it's not that hard to get the items you really want from alerts if you just pay attention, and as you do so there will be less and less items you need from the alerts as time goes by.

What if you live alone? Or with elderly person(s) who don't know how to turn on a computer, let alone log into Warframe and play it for you? What if you don't have a smartphone to check the alerts? These alerts will come up again, but I think you're grossly overestimating how easy it is to reach them in time.

Edited by Hydraflux

Translation: "I want the rest of the world to revolve around me."

In 10 days or less everyone would have every blueprint and the whole point of limiting them to alerts would be negated. It would make them no different than Credit purchases, and only hold entitled types over until they see something else they want which they can't schedule a date by which they get it. In a matter of weeks the complaints would start to sound like this; "Resources shouldn't be random drops and they should drop double or triple the amount for an hour per day during the times when I play".

It never ends.

Rare items exist to reward people who play the game ... not to beg people TO play the game.

Edited by Qb3rt

Salganos. Like smithf said, the point is to relax the anxiety you feel when 'missing' something. Because it will come back up again. And again. And again.

Did you know you can block chargers? It uses a bit of stamina, and they're briefly stunned in perfect headshot range.

Stalker is a rare event that is supposed to challenge the limits of your play.

Playing solo is much more difficult than having people play with you (and yes, now and then, we wind up with a laggy host, and the code -does- try a migration to a more stable connection when it detects this).

My suggestion: Take a brief step back, only do the alerts in the time you have available/set aside for gaming anyway, and don't even look at the alert feed. Enjoy the game (and alternate ways to play, like stealth or speedrunning), rather than the loot table.

I had forgotten I could block.  The game gives me little incentive to use it much of the time.  Thank you for reminding me. That it seems bound to the mouse while melee is on the keyboard probably produces some sort of operational static for me.

As for Stalker, I had one day where he showed up more often than every other mission.  I eventually ran out of revives.  That's what he does, wastes a revive.  One of those times I got lucky and it was during a Mag-Crush invulnerability bug, and I got to spend about a minute backpedalling so I could shotgun him in the face repeatedly.  He could kill me in three seconds at range despite reasonable defense mods, which would be too fast for even 4 of me to deal with, and himself to fast too use cover against.  He's quite the killjoy in solo play, and sadly, the best connection I have had with a host was with a friend of mine, where despite a fluid connection the game gets so confused that even if we have a mostly 50/50 split killcount and most of those kills were entirely taken down by the killer, the game gives the host 2-3 times the damage dealt % regardless of which of us it was.  Same for damage received, which I can actually tell is lower in-game.  I also get staggered much less in multiplayer for some reason, and this is probably why I hadn't already learned to block chargers.  Solo play has turned out to be harder than playing with my friend while he's AFK in another room on the other side of the map.

I'm fairly sure the blocking issue will resolve itself once I find a way to get around my current control habits, and the netcode will hopefully improve. The current alert system needs to be changed too though, since it's actively painful to anyone who plays this game with any motivation towards collection, or who wants rare items needed to maximize their performance.  As an analogy, if anyone has played anything from the Monster Hunter series, the unreliability and inherent unfairness of randomity (different players getting different rewards even within one quest) can already be extremely vexing, but in Monster Hunter the player can always try again, and again, and again.  If, instead of being able to try again and again for rare drops, the game told me that I would have gotten what I wanted if only I had started my game ten minutes earlier, or at midnight, or while I was in class, or something equally arbitrary and out of my control, I would never have put up with it.

Granted, this game can't just let me try over and over again all I want for the rarest drops like the MH series can, mostly due to the large difference in rarity between BPs and mods, but it certainly can be reasonable about letting me try at all.  Right now it isn't.  Once I've unlocked the whole map, what else am I supposed to do beside farm mods for fusions and keep a fixed eye on the alert twitter? I'm getting pretty close to that point as it is.

Oh, and before anyone brings it up again, "randomity" is not fair.  There is an approximately random chance the Earth will be destroyed tomorrow.  If it is, would that be fair?  If you have enough food to feed two people, but instead flip a coin and allow one to gorge to obesity and the other to starve, would that be fair?  Luck is not fair, and unfair distributions of commodities are not fun.  I play games as an escape from the unfairness of life, not to be coerced away from life by an unfair system.

The only way I can relax around a system like this is ceasing to give a S#&$ and playing something else, at which point I lose most of my incentive to come back.  If I don't care about a game anymore, I won't play it; I'll play a game I DO care about that doesn't abuse me for it.

Edited by Salganos

Rare items exist to reward people who play the game ... not to beg people TO play the game.

As it is, the game IS begging people to play it, and at odd times of the day.  People who ARE playing it aren't getting rewarded because they aren't playing at the correct arbitrary time.

Footshot.

When it comes down to it I agree that the alert system should be changed. However, the ways presented here, so far, are not good in my opinion.

The original idea, of having 1 blueprint/artifact available for 24hours 1/day is bad for multiple reasons;

1: It decreases the number of items that can be obtained in one day. I like getting multiple things if I am lucky, especially on weekends when I have time to play.

2: It decreases rarity, while it may take much longer for a specific item to come up, almost all active players will get it when it does. This will make any item that does show up owned by nearly everyone.

3: Related to the above, by making items less rare it decreases differences in characters, and innovation because people can use what is common/shown as the best, rather than trying out things because they have what they can use.

The second idea I hae seen being pushed, of having ? Alerts generate a random reward at the end that is different for each person I do not like because;

1: It would be frustrating. You would have to play more events to get what you want, and more often than not you would get things you already have, making you effectively waist time.

2: It would be less fair. Yes, the randomness of the current system means you can miss really nice things when you are away, but with a completely random system for players a person could spend weeks playing every ? Alert without getting a single potato, or if they have enough items, they could never get anything new.

I did see an idea I really did like, with a little tweaking, what do people think of this solution:

i kinda of agree with a scheduled alert system but not like the way you want it to be available

instead of annoucing these event right as they happend, maybe they could make a daily-3day-7days scheme they would tell you

when/where & rewards for the event that would be kinda of nice but other then that i also like the currently system.

I like the idea of having a system that sais for the next X amount of time (12hour minimum, 3 days maximum) when all the ? Alerts will be. It would not, however, say what the ? is until the alert is active, that way you can plan for ? Alerts, but it still makes things unknown to keep rarity higher. It would allow you to eat, shower, etc. which were mentioned before, with no chance of missing ? Alerts without knowing ahead of time. It would not help with things like work, where you need multiple hours and your schedule is hard to change, but it would be a step forward.

I am not sure if it should say where in the game it will be ahead of time, I think that should also be kept secret, but I have no reasoning behind that decision, just seems more interesting to me.

Let's say they do that. That alerts happen on specific time. Alerts being available for 24 hours is too much but DE complies to make it happen on specific time of day, let's say, OPs perfectly good 8 o'clock in the evening.

But I live on the other side of the planet. For me and thousands of others the alerts always happen at 4 o'clock at night. No matter what, I'm sleeping then. WE are sleeping then. Very few would bother to get up at that late in the night to play a game.

For you all is good and well but for thousands of others it sucks.

No, random alerts is good, everyone has an equal chance of it happening at the convenient time and at the inconvenient time. But if it's inconvenient for you, it's convenient for countless others. Because when an alert happens when it's convenient for you, it's inconvenient for those same people. The current system is fair.

Let's say they do that. That alerts happen on specific time. Alerts being available for 24 hours is too much but DE complies to make it happen on specific time of day, let's say, OPs perfectly good 8 o'clock in the evening.

But I live on the other side of the planet. For me and thousands of others the alerts always happen at 4 o'clock at night. No matter what, I'm sleeping then. WE are sleeping then. Very few would bother to get up at that late in the night to play a game.

If you are responding to me, I did not say they would have it at agreed on times of the day. The alerts would continue exactly as they have been, but you would know when they will occur, and rather or not they have a ?, well before they do occur. Not on any schedule, just continue randomly with some forwarning.

Mmmmno, I was responding to FenixStryk...

Except that the entire point of the suggestion is to make alerts last 12/24 hours. You're ignoring the entire premise of the suggestion to make your argument. 

But where I'm standing, I can not see any point of there being 12/24 hour long alerts. The whole point of this system then disappears. It'd be more of a boring daily quest than random event.

That's what makes most F2P games boring. There are no surprises.

Same, it's the reason I haven't bought plat yet. 

If this is how they want to make money, I'm not giving any. I hope I'm not the only one.

This and the slot limits are my hold outs. I wont be buying plat as I made a vow to never buy digital money with real money, but I planed on bringing a few dozen players here once I feel the game offers a true free to play model.

not gona lead my followers to a game that requires them to choose to pay or risk their health by giving up 3 out of 4 sleep cycles.

I hope the dev's address these issues in the next update.

I lost several reactors, helmet blueprints, the glaive, and whatnot. Do I get mad? Of course. Does that mean its unfair? Not really.

From a canon standpoint these things are being found "on the go" by Lotus, she doesn't schedules nor should you (unless you are the mastermind behing the Corpus, Grineer AND Infested). The limited time, as it was said, is meant to give it a sense of urgency, and fortune favors those who happen to be around at the right time.

It's true, it would -require- for you to be 24/7 online to get everything. But hey, you are NOT entitled to everything. You are not guaranteed said reward, because it isn't meant to be given to everybody, fail a mission and you wont get the reward. Internet goes into maintenance and you wont get the reward. It is an incentive for players to play more, a nice surprise, an added bonus, like an extended roulette for people who happen to be lucky enough to available. Most of what is precious in alert rewards you can get by shelling less than 5 bucks, and you said it yourself, you "Can't work" or else... well, you can, nothing is stopping you from getting the best of all worlds.

Think Team Fortress 2. You get random rewards for time spent playing. (there's even a math behind it, or used to, where you could leave your game running during the night and get all the items you could in that week, literally, since it would stop giving you after 6 or 7 items for that entire week.)

You really have to come to terms that rewards are not something you give to everybody.

Reward :

> Something given or received in recompense for worthy behavior or in retribution for evil acts.

> Money offered or given for some special service, such as the return of a lost article or the capture of a criminal.
> A satisfying return or result; profit.
> Psychology The return for performance of a desired behavior; positive reinforcement.

A reward is -not- something due to you because you login every day. That's the roulette.

Edited by Baigan

Mastering the Alert System comes down to 1 simple thing. Dedication.

Mastering the Alert System comes down to having no life what so ever, dedicating your entire existence to a video game.

I thought I had no life but reading this thread it seems there are a lot of people with their priorities messed up far more than mine. I donno if I should be happy or sad.

Edited by Mikki79

This and the slot limits are my hold outs. I wont be buying plat as I made a vow to never buy digital money with real money, but I planed on bringing a few dozen players here once I feel the game offers a true free to play model.

not gona lead my followers to a game that requires them to choose to pay or risk their health by giving up 3 out of 4 sleep cycles.

I hope the dev's address these issues in the next update.

What is considered to be 'true F2P' model?

If you don't have any intention to buy in-game currency, you don't have to do it. But please do not put some fancy word as an excuse not to do it.I

O.O

Just relax. You're not supposed to get everything. You get what you get,

Go about your life normally and play when you can. If you get, great. IF you don't, then there's always a next time.

You just have to let go.

You could get a android phone and get the app, then just wait for it to buzz or something.

I've missed tons of alerts, but I also get others. I'm still waiting for that glaive, reverb alert. :) It will come.

Disclaimer: I haven't read all 5 pages so I apologize if this has already been suggested. I also think that the alert system is (mostly) fine, but figured I'd throw in some (hopefully) reasonable ideas/solutions.

1) For scheduled blueprint rewards idea screwing people over (pardon my french) in different time zones, why not have the scheduled alert happen twice a day? Midnight GMT and Noon GMT for example, as that gives people equal opportunities regardless of time zone. (Honestly i really don't like the idea of scheduled alerts in the first place but...)

2) Special voting system for alerts. People would vote in game or on the forums for their desired a reward. The one with the most votes would get a special long alert (ie: 6-12 hours), and this special alert would happen every 1-2 weeks. Miss that banshee helmet alert? Vote for it and get another special chance. Once an item wins the voting it would have to be removed from the voting system until 1-2 more special alerts have passed so we don't get the same reward for every special alert.

3) Allow players to replay a missed alert of their choice once every few weeks or once a month. This would bring issues up with multiplayer, so it would probably have to be solo only. Maybe charge credits/platinum in order to replay the alert?

Again these are just ideas, and I honestly don't have any major problems with the alert system. I merely want to throw some thoughts out there to be constructive, and for the slim chance it may help DE in the future.

Edited by Skoll85

1) For scheduled blueprint rewards idea screwing people over (pardon my french) in different time zones, why not have the scheduled alert happen twice a day? Midnight GMT and Noon GMT for example, as that gives people equal opportunities regardless of time zone. (Honestly i really don't like the idea of scheduled alerts in the first place but...)

So... at 4am when I'm sleeping and at 4pm when I'm at work. 

2) Special voting system for alerts. People would vote in game or on the forums for their desired a reward. The one with the most votes would get a special long alert (ie: 6-12 hours), and this special alert would happen every 1-2 weeks. Miss that banshee helmet alert? Vote for it and get another special chance. Once an item wins the voting it would have to be removed from the voting system until 1-2 more special alerts have passed so we don't get the same reward for every special alert.

I think this would probably conflict pretty heavily with the game's source of revenue.

3) Allow players to replay a missed alert of their choice once every few weeks or once a month. This would bring issues up with multiplayer, so it would probably have to be solo only. Maybe charge credits/platinum in order to replay the alert?

Pretty much the same problem as #2.

Edited by Effusion-

Personally, while I find the alert system frustrating at times, I wouldn't want it changed very much.  Maybe have it so if a reactor/catalyst comes up the time is 1-2 hours instead of half an hour, but mostly I'm okay.

I'd honestly rather see the daily rewards system touched on in two ways. 

1) It would be nifty if high mastery ranks, aka players who put more hours into the game mastering weaponry(regardless of what time of day they did it at) had a slightly increased chance at reactors/catalysts.  Nothing hugely significant.  Maybe only increase the chance by a percentage point or so(not sure what the base rate is, so not sure how to compare it).

2) the biggie that I've seen many people agree with-drop the ammo boxes.  Stupid trollish ammo boxes.  I think seeing an ammo box for a week straight is far more irritating than seeing an alert you missed.