The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Range Cap On Rifles?

catastrophy

So I noticed an effective range with the Lex in an outdoor mission. OK, it's a pistol - still a bit underwhelming for a "pocket sniper".

Over the week-end I levelled the Latron and it occurred to me in a long corridor firefight that it, too, has an effective range beyond which it won't hit anything.

Could the range be increased for rifles? They should be viable for long range encounters.

Last time I checked, the reticule's slightly off. Not very much, but noticeable at extreme ranges. That, and the fact that certain large areas of maps have noticeable aiming glitches (in a grineer boss fight arena, try to shoot across the bridge on the side of the room).

Last time I checked, the reticule's slightly off. Not very much, but noticeable at extreme ranges. That, and the fact that certain large areas of maps have noticeable aiming glitches (in a grineer boss fight arena, try to shoot across the bridge on the side of the room).

That would explain why I haven't experienced any cap with the Braton, yet. Perhaps it's because I try to hit the heads?

What is that about the aiming glitches?

At any rate, I think something should be done about the focus at long distance targets. I want to see in detail what I'm aiming at, not just vague blurs. This would be especially useful in particular for Snipetron and others like it in the future.

Rifles have an accuracy fall off.  You can still hit things at extreme ranges, just with decreased probability because of bullet drift.  Lower accuracy rifles (grakata, boltor) suffer much worse than high (snipetron, latron).  I know for a fact you can still hit things at extreme range with a latron, though.  It just might require 4 shots instead of 1.

That would explain why I haven't experienced any cap with the Braton, yet. Perhaps it's because I try to hit the heads?

What is that about the aiming glitches?

In certain areas, your bullets swerve wildly off from where you actually aim.

Rifles have an accuracy fall off.  You can still hit things at extreme ranges, just with decreased probability because of bullet drift.  Lower accuracy rifles (grakata, boltor) suffer much worse than high (snipetron, latron).  I know for a fact you can still hit things at extreme range with a latron, though.  It just might require 4 shots instead of 1.

I see, I need to check this out. It's easier to figure out with the projectile weapons as you can see their flightpaths.