Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Advice

BluBlaze

Question

I've been thinking about using the Snipetron lately and was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on it.  Is it worth the 50000?  If so, what mods complement it best?  Also, it it true that the Snipetron does not go through Volt's electric shield?

8 answers to this question

its biggest problem is that its massive range has very little use in this game. the range of things like the batron or latron are generally more than enough.

it does have stopping power tho. its biggest problems are its reload and slow fire rate. mod attack like you would any other rifle and that should work just fine i think. unless i forgot something ..... oh, make sure you have a pistol that can compliment it. at close range it blows so bring something you can pull like for those in your face moments.

The maps in Warframe are mostly too small and too linear for Snipetron to shine (You'll have to walk to where the enemies are standing at to advance anyway). The nature of the game also make it rather easy to close distance safely (speed + shield + abilities).

I find it enjoyable and completely different paced than the Latron or the Paris. I would recommend getting your reload speed leveled early and quickly, its damage starts very high and its reload starts very very slow. Being able to put lead down range makes a large difference in its usability.

It's ok on a couple of defence missions where you have long avenues of attack to enemies, it's buff recently does mean it hits stupidly hard, more than it needs to. High crit rate is also nice, I've seen it hitting for 1,200 already and it's not even level 20 yet for me. Fire rate is fine really and you can no-scope with it perfectly well also if you have to.

Reload is definitely a pain and it's where the Paris will out-do the Snipetron, the reload time is crazy long. I haven't got a cryo rounds for it yet so it's lackluster against shields so far which is also a shame, but with high level cryo rounds i'm sure that'ls not the case. It's fun if you want something different or are looking for more mastery points, but the 4 bullet clip and massive reload time will forever keep it from being an A+ weapon in my book.

As a side note if you want a laugh, load up one on a Banshee, hit Sonar and shoot the highlighted points till you crit and watch as you hit for upwards of 7-8k :D

Edited by Alazais

I disagree that there aren't enough places where it is useful, but it really comes down to play style. For instance, it wouldn't be a good choice if you play a lot with people that like to rush around. Before you buy it, though, ask yourself what weapon you intend to pair with it. Will that weapon be sufficient for your close/medium range needs?. I love sniping from a long way off, but the compromise I chose was to go with a Lex pistol. I plan to pair that with a Boltor rifle.

Use a Lex, it does a bit more than half the damage of a Snipetron but it's not nearly as limited and has a very large magazine. It's also dead accurate so you can snipe across the map with it. Use your primary weapon as your CQB weapon.