The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Melee Weapons Reach

-N7-Leonhart

Tested this issue extensively, so there is no chance that I miscalculated or didn't have enough info.

Some weapons like Galatine and Dragon Nikana have a much lower reach than their actual model length. For this reason, even with a mod like 8/10 Primed Reach, they barely get enough reach to match their model.

I can't see why this would be intended, since there are many weapons which have much higher reach than their model itself (ex Orthros P). At the very least, melee weapons like Galatine or the Dragon Nikana should have reach corresponding to their model length.

Agreed I have experienced this many times and have been very frustrated . The mod is just not giving what it states in range. At 100% bonus the weapon should hit targets 2x further away than normal and that is certainly not the case.

Edited by geninrising

I've noticed this too. Out of curiosity, have you noticed anything that changes with different stances?

I tested several weapons with and without stances and also with several stances where it was the case since I initially assumed that was the cause of the issue. For example, when performing Broken Bull combo the range seems to be unaffected by the Primed Reach, so I assumed it was a Reach mod bug. However, it seems it's actually a weapon base reach issue. Primed Reach does increase the range of the combo's hits, but it's by a very low amount when I compare it to what it does to weapons like Orthros P or Dual Ichors (which get 4x range)