Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolving Weapons

-HAKUNA-YOUR-TATAS-

... how do you "evlove" a lump of metal?

You're getting literal. Which is well...

The metal doesn't evolve. It's not biological. The concept of the weapon and what it does is what we're talking about. Call it what you will, evolve is just a way I described it. You seem to have a good grasp on the English language; it should be clear as the other posters in this thread understand what I mean.

Do you have any ideas you'd like to share? Perhaps a better term than evolve? If you come up with something please let me know, and I'll gladly change and credit you. I'm making posts and sharing my ideas as the others are doing here so we can have more depth in gameplay. I think this is a great feature for endgame players.

Edited by sushidubya

Oh, I was confused because I thought you meant increasing accuracy OR spread (not increase accuracy by reducing spread, or increase spread to allow hitting more targets).

I think that weapons should all be unique and feel different, and that mods should give them the opportunity to be fine-tuned and be even more unique. I wouldn't add any more regular hitscan weapons (like the braton/grakata etc.) unless it had some sort of extra mechanic to it, such as damage ramp up the more you hit a single target. Weapons wise, I think we're missing (just a few quick examples):

-Laser/plasma (glowy energy, whatever...) weapons similar to the corpus'

-Weapons that charge up to increase damage (like this:)

W8Pk90T.gif

-Weapons that do more damage the more you hit a target

-Something like this:

MyPf4D8.png

And mods wise, here are a few examples that can be applied to all guns:

-Increased precision/less deviation from crosshairs

-Increased zoom

-(projectiles) Increased projectile travel speed

-(shotguns) Increased falloff distance

-Actual status effects that don't directly add damage, not just elemental mods (slow enemies, stun a group of enemies with electricity, damage over time fire that affects nearby enemies as well, knockback etc.)

Totally agree with this. I was just thinking of this and and comtemplating starting a specialized thread for that discussion, but it looks like you have better means of conveying with the images. Please start a new thread! I am eager to add on ;)

Totally agree with this. I was just thinking of this and and comtemplating starting a specialized thread for that discussion, but it looks like you have better means of conveying with the images. Please start a new thread! I am eager to add on ;)

These are actually two images from threads I've made in the past. This weekend I might doodle a bunch of my ideas and put them all in one post though.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37880-giving-the-heks-range-back-sorta/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38171-weapon-ideas-additivesubtractive-damage-weapons/

yes its amazing what you can do with mods but still thats still a cheap fix to problem that the game lacks content (yes im aware this is a beta so its still

evolving and changing) because curently once you max a weapon or frame it becomes boring to use because you gain nothing from using it. so it

makes my "path" evolution idea valid then new mods because 30 or 60 mod points sometimes isn't enough to get the best bang for your buck also

moding causes things to become stale after a while so evolving weapons give more variety to the game making the game more interesting and geting

people to stop rushing and work on there weapons once agian making the game funner to play.

srry for all the becauses

and you are sure it is a guy becuase.....

and really I don't think this would work becuase how do you "evlove" a lump of metal?

no im not sure its a guy and im sorry if the person i replyed to was a girl. this is my mistake and i will make sure to say "sir or mam" instead and its

not truly evolving a lump of metal because that can't be done. but it is still "evolving " a weapon in the sence of making it better by you adapting it to

your play style by sending it back to the foundry to recraft it in to the new improved and when you get to a split in the "paths" choose to upgrade it

like the other times or select the BP and send it to the foundry the BP will require the weapon in it to work (kinda like crafting a warframe where you

need to make the helm, chassis, and systems and an orkin cell) to help clearify what i meant

i think he means upgrade not evolve we are talking TECH here.

so use an old weapon upgrade it to something better and keep some of the levels.

Well not too sure about that.  Some of the resources used in these weapons seem biological, like neurodes.  Rather than fixate on wording details i.e) what the definition of "is" is, etc.  Please help to share your ideas for things you'd like to see for weapons that can go back into the foundry for improving, upgrading, etc. ala Lato to Bolto.

I mean wouldn't it be great if we could take a Latron and a Paris and turn it into a crossbow?  Also, maybe the mods/qualities to the particular weapons before going into the foundry could be carried over.  So that each player will have a chance to rock something that is unique to how they themselves originally configured the weapons. Something like that.

I just feel that the current state of weapons in this game is a bit too one dimensional.  Adding this level of customization in the game would keep people playing, tweaking, and learning from each other.

Edited by sushidubya

Well not too sure about that.  Some of the resources used in these weapons seem biological, like neurodes.  Rather than fixate on wording details i.e) what the definition of "is" is, etc.  Please help to share your ideas for things you'd like to see for weapons that can go back into the foundry for improving, upgrading, etc. ala Lato to Bolto.

I mean wouldn't it be great if we could take a Latron and a Paris and turn it into a crossbow?  Also, maybe the mods/qualities to the particular weapons before going into the foundry could be carried over.  So that each player will have a chance to rock something that is unique to how they themselves originally configured the weapons. Something like that.

I just feel that the current state of weapons in this game is a bit too one dimensional.  Adding this level of customization in the game would keep people playing, tweaking, and learning from each other.

yes this is exactly what i meant thank you for understanding and sorry to all you kind sirs and mams for trying to understand my poor spelling skills. Demonocolips your are also on the same track as sushidubya

Edited by toolofdarkness

@OP

I like this idea a lot. If I have a foundry at my disposal I should be able to make physical modifications to my arms. I know that sounds a lot like mods, but I was thinking something one time, permanent, takes a blueprint, 12 hours, and cannot use weapon while forging physical modification. Maybe have a few you an choose from but can only use one ever on a particular weapon.