The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fang Stealth Attack

Darzk

Haven't seen a thread on this in a while, thought I'd keep in fresh in people's minds.

Stealth attack damage needs to be based on something other than weapon damage. I'd suggest a constant for each weapon type, or a single value for all, increased by Pressure Point. (etc daggers>swords>dual swords>heavies>blunts, or all equal)

As it is, I can LITERALLY stealth attack a lvl 20 Grineer Lancer with Fang 3 times in a row without killing it.

Edit: Daggers as good stealth weapons just makes sense, it's upsetting that they generally deal the least amount of stealth attack damage.

Edited by Darzk

Ah, so because Fangs charge damage is divided in 2 by each dagger having its own hit;

And because Dagger builds generally dont use charge attacks;

Fang is still screwed. As well as the other dagger builds.

Should totally be affected by Pressure Point and use some value independent of damage.

Fang has a base charge attack of 130 and since you probably wouldn't be actually charging attacks you'd only need the charge damage mod.  It's not actually that bad for sneak attacks.  Actually for a full charge dps build it's one of the better weapons you can use.

Edited by Jorlain

Fang has a base charge attack of 130 and since you probably wouldn't be actually charging attacks you'd only need the charge damage mod.  It's not actually that bad for sneak attacks.  Actually for a full charge dps build it's one of the better weapons you can use.

That's part of the problem, charge damage is the best melee build hands down, and if you're going to use charge there's no reason not to use the best charge weapons. Single hit/fast/multi-hit weapons need a buff through crit chance/damage mods or something.

I agree and disagree.  Charge builds are deal excellenet top-end damage on paper, but in reality the world doesn't always let you get off charge attacks on every mob.  Especially with the Fang we're talking about here.  Sometimes run-n-slash is just the way to go.  The only weapons I ever run full charge builds on are DHS, Dark Sword and Glaive, because those three are just built specifically to absolutely own as charge or GTFO.  Everything else I'll either find a middle ground to cover all the bases or play slashy slashy ninja time.  Since attack speed affects spins attacks and swing damage affects jump attacks I can build out charges and still play 75% of a weapon's strengths just fine.

Furax, glaive, dark sword, plasma sword, gram, scindo, fragor, and dual heat sword and dual ether are all much better as charge builds. Rhino, ash, loki, and saryn can all use charge 100% of the time with abilities that allow them to do so.  All the daggers and single swords can go charge or slash, but they do less DPS than all those other weapons if they're charge specced by far. There's definitely a bias toward charge builds, and situations that you don't have the control or opportunity to use charge, you'd be better off using your primary/secondary as they would be more DPS anyway.

Fang actually has a base charge attack of 65, it hits twice, but the stealth attack damage is based on the 65, not 130.

Charge attacks are higher dmg/swing and sustained DPS, but often at low levels you can kill mobs with normal attacks faster than charging a weapon.