Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointing Endings...

TheErebus.

So I just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition and...I was really disappointed with the ending. I mean really? It felt so rushed and it didn't feel like there was anything to really be proud of when I defeated the villain.

Same goes for Dying Light, which I think is literally the worst ending ever. You can say that belongs to Mass Effect 3, but at least it has some form of closure, the ending for Dying Light just leaves you on the worst cliffhanger ever.

So my question to you guys is what video game ending disappointed you the most? 

Don't add any details, just say the name of the game and why it exactly disappointed you.

If you wanna spoil the ending, then just add in the spoilers tag before you write anything.

It's not origins ending but a better than the Dragon age 2,

Kind of hoped we would venture to black city with a choice of open the gate or step away in fear that we might unleash something worse than blight alas nothing similar.

also flemeth does her little "i am jesus' trick again.

Mass effect 3 was the worst for me, no game managed to ruin it to that degree, maybe because it nulified the combined effort of 3 games.

Hard to pick best ending frankly, Bioshock infinite burial under the sea, sad as hell but beatiful.

It's not origins ending but a better than the Dragon age 2,

I don't know, I wanted more out of it. Like it felt so rushed that I didn't even believe the game would end that quickly. it felt like a couple of hours as opposed to what it takes for me to finish Mass Effect.

So I just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition and...I was really disappointed with the ending. I mean really? It felt so rushed and it didn't feel like there was anything to really be proud of when I defeated the villain.

Same goes for Dying Light, which I think is literally the worst ending ever. You can say that belongs to Mass Effect 3, but at least it has some form of closure, the ending for Dying Light just leaves you on the worst cliffhanger ever.

So my question to you guys is what video game ending disappointed you the most? 

Don't add any details, just say the name of the game and why it exactly disappointed you.

If you wanna spoil the ending, then just add in the spoilers tag before you write anything.

Every 3rd game by Bioware is a great game with a disappointing ending. I would have to say civ 5 multiplayer, because 4/5 times I lose against a few friends I play with often. CHeating a bit, but it's an ending to a game

I don't know, I wanted more out of it. Like it felt so rushed that I didn't even believe the game would end that quickly. it felt like a couple of hours as opposed to what it takes for me to finish Mass Effect.

i take it you ignored the side quests and collectible stuff as much as possible?

It took me 73 hours with breaks to complete all quests and do the majority collectible hunt, feels like a watered down ham frankly, lot of juice and very small amount of actual meat.

i take it you ignored the side quests and collectible stuff as much as possible?

It took me 73 hours with breaks to complete all quests and do the majority collectible hunt, feels like a watered down ham frankly, lot of juice and very small amount of actual meat.

I ignored them because there was no incentive for me to even do them other than levelling up. Seriously, there's nothing more I hate in RPGs than pointless side quests and/or forcing people to do sidequests.

I don't understand how Dying Light leaves you on a cliffhanger, even after having just watched it twice. Would you please elaborate? 

The game leaves you with Kane having not decided what to do with the rest of the research and the doc. telling you that a cure is viable if the cure is handed to him. How is that not a cliffhanger? No resolution is achieved from the story other than killing Rais, which isn't a very good resolution because his character was so bland that I didn't care if he died or survived.

Bioshock: Infinite. Not as $&*&*#(%& as Mass Effect 3's ending, but I'd say it's a close second. In some aspects it's even worse: whereas Mass Effect 3 at least had a worthwhile story, BS:I is just the protagonist going around shooting stuff for no reason followed by last minute info dump which makes no sense.

Probably the worst case of "think bait" I've experienced ever.

Transistor.

Like, only after watching a video of people who did more analysis than me did I start to get some feeling of intricacy to the storyline - but that's a poor excuse, because Transistor took three hours to beat and just had a completely left-field boss fight and then Red just totally - well - I won't spoil it but it's even more unexpected.

There are many good things in it - except that's a poor excuse to put up in defense of the people who made BASTION, which has a story that will cement itself among great works of art that aren't even video games its so good.

Halo 4.

I started playing Halo CE back when it came out, I was young, I literally grew up with Cortana in my head telling me what to do (along with her smart &#! humor) and what does 343 do with Halo 4, 11 years later? They f*cking kill her. F*ck them. Now they're turning Halo into a goddamn sporting game. It should have ended with with 3, but no, Microsoft wants more  money! So they hire these buffoons to make a sh*tty story for something that was once great a world changing series. Oh, sorry, you just wanted the game.