Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros, A Complete Rework.

-Scourge

Personally, I disagree with you on this one. Nekros is my favorite Warframe of all time and he is my main frame to use on almost every mission and boss. I mostly use him for desecrate, Shadows of the dead, and terrify. He is far from being the worst warframe of all time. If you know how to use him and build him right. He can be very deadly on the battlefield in both PvE and PvP.

These ideas are cool, but DE already reworked Nekros by tweaking his abilities alittle. but other than that, I highly doubt they will change anything else. If Nekros Prime ever comes out, Im pretty sure his abilities will be unchanged minus slight stat differences.

Can you lend me your build? if u don't mind of course. Please use Warframe-Builder

It seems like you're trying to fit too much stuff into a lot of the abilities/augments.

complex ability sets are what i think warframe should go for Tbh, and by "complex" i mean abilities that have synergy between them while still retaining the element of choice for the player and being useful on their own.

for example, limbo had synergy between his abilities which is good ..but, all of them focus on one thing and one of them will not work unless used with the others. (this kind of synergy is bad). therefore making limbo's playstyle very limited in terms of what different things you can do with him.

another example is zephyr's dive bomb (another ability that can only be used effectively with another.) this could have been easily merged with her first ability making room for a new better ability that allows different playstyles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as for different resources other than energy.. i think it would do more good than harm to be honest, if done right it can make every warframe a different experience by having them do different things to gain their resources. it will also eliminate "press 4 to win" playstyles or atleast reduce them. 

making abilities cost way less energy and more of their own resource could make melee channeling more appealing.

it almost makes warframes seem like a car :D, making use of both batteries and fuel.(energy and resources)

Edited by -Scourge

shadow of the dead: its really nice with the augment I can just stand in the open.  id love it if I could recast or at least cancel the ability. while also having a default of having 5-8 shadows that don't require killing anything

glad you liked the augment :D it was something i suggested in one of my old nekros rework threads. 

i suggested it as an addition to the ability itself tho but an augment is fine i guess.

First of all Nekros isn't the worst, let's stop abusing these exaggerated-drama statements to catch attention, please.
Its skillset with Augments is complete and functional (Skills doesn't do the same thing ala Ember, every skills has its place...), it would need just some tweaks, not a rework.

Regarding your proposal it's too much intricate for Warframe.
Comparing to other Warframes you can clearly see abilities don't go that deep into meticolous mechanics, also because it would be hard to find bugs and balance.
So no, that's not the "way to go tbh".

Imo you'd better propose these mechanics in a less intricate manner to become Augments.
That would have more chance to affect public hopinion and maybe reach the council.

Cleaned up thread.

A few things to note:

1. Please keep the discussion on topic, and insure insults and personal attacks are kept at the bare minimum of zero. Keep your posts respectful.

2. Please refrain from bumping, as it is not condoned under the Code of Conduct:

7) BUMPING - it is not condoned, but all cases of bumping issues will be handled case by case determined by the nature of the thread.

Much appreciated and take care.

-

believe me.. "some tweaks" aren't gonna help nekros become anything more than a farm tool.

everything he does, other warframe's do better (except for farming). you want to survive in high level missions? why use nekros's terrify or sotd? when you can use chroma or trinity or even valkyr? the answer is probably "because they don't have desecrate". or maybe you just like the way he looks and enjoy his concept,

don't get me wrong, i respect your opinion. but currently, nekros isn't "complete" his abilities are functional that's true but they are inferior to other warframes' that do almost the same thing. example? nyx. her mind control and chaos.

as for augments. the concept is great but seriously, 70% of the augments should have been a part of the ability. heck should even be the ability itself. augments should never be a way to make an ability useful. the ability should be useful on it's own.

i'm suggesting this rework because personally i would never use nekros for his abilities. other abilities are better at survival/cc/damage etc.. i'm using him because i like the way he looks and i love his concept but his current abilities turn me away from him.(they are so bad:/) so i made new abilities that I think are better and more fun to play with.  you be the judge of my suggestion. don't tell me he's fine the way he is, because he isn't.

but answer me honestly. which sotd is better in your opinion? the current one or the one i suggested?

but answer me honestly. which sotd is better in your opinion? the current one or the one i suggested?

I think the actual SOTD is simple, more versatile and easy to control.

If I would like to sustain Shadows for prolonged time, your ofc is made for that, but the actual one allows you to have more control over your Shadows.

If I'd like, for example, doing some stealth, Shadows attract enemies, so what I've to do is just wait until they die then proceed. No need to spend mana for that.

Also 7+ permanent pets would be too much...

You have to play what you like, I like Nekros and I find its abilities fitting for every situation, since the Shadow Armor augment came out the set is more than enough complete.

We just have to wait for the Augment System to be more developed and new augments to come out.

Let me put this simply even in a desecrate build you can get 175% efficiency 235% range (despoil if you like it) AND 130% power leaving you enough power to summon a dozen shadows providing good fire power and defense mechanism while your terrify targets enough enemies to save your whole parties skin and since you have max efficiency you can just cast it twice. oh and did i mention with soul survivor your looking at rezzes from over 100m away?

Also look into adding a max power max duration with stretch. you will desecrate like a failure but you will have a world ending terrify one shot one kill soul punch and an immortal army of infinitely scaling damage and body blockers.  oh and your shadows can be used to blow up tonkor to land boom boom kills.

your distaste of nekros spawns from the max range max efficiency zero duration zero power build and frankly a little creativity by adding a touch of power makes even that crappy build functional. the same can be said about mag sure greedy mag is boring but you ever add just a little power and suddenly crush and shield polarize are useful? oh and even without extra power bullet attractor is amazing for your party

-

good points.

my sotd focuses on having 7 ( max of 7 at rank 3 btw no more.) permanent shadows that's true, you can prioritize a shadow by healing him with sacrifice so that way you can actually choose your shadows. but now that you mentioned it i guess there has to be a way to just.. get rid of the shadows if need be.

how about this:

1) when you activate sotd every enemy that dies in your vicinity becomes a shadow etc etc. when you hit it again the ability stops. but now that you have shadows, when you hit sotd again you dismiss them all and if you were aiming at one of them hitting it will only dismiss that specific shadow with no extra cost. 

i can already think of many good augments for such a mechanic, like making them explode and do damage based on their lvl/type/remaining health etc.

2) make an augment that turns your shadows invisible while undetected. and if you were detected they will be visible again. this is a nice option for those that want to play nekros for stealth but then again.. you wouldn't use an sotd build if you were planning on doing stealth anyway but hey it's there :)

Edited by -Scourge

It can work, I understand, but then again, with your SOTD you can summon Shadows just when you are killing enemies.
With the actual SOTD you can kill and then summon Shadows when you need. It's more versatile.

I think Stealth with SOTD is fine as it is now, I'm doing a lot of Spy missions atm, and the use of SOTD is fine as it is: summon Shadows for large fights or during alerts, wait for them to unsummon, proceede on with the stealth mission.

Essentially I wouldn't keep the drain-to-sustain mechanic but the factor you suggested to give preference on summon for Heavy Units.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...