The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Drop Massively After Nvidia Driver Update (347.52)

iamWinG

FPS SUDDENLY DROP MASSIVELY AFTER NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE (347.52)

Okay, my fps is higher than 60 without vsync mostly in most games
After I updated my display card driver 347.52, my fps will suddenly drop so low like 1-3fps and crash game.
Even though I just stand on the ship and looking the beautiful view (normal fps would be ~200)

Is it really the driver problem or what?

Are there anyone got the same problem :(?
I tried to drop my driver version to 347.25, problem still not fixed, sigh
(I forgot what is the version before I update to 347.52, maybe 347.0X or 1X)

----------
Windows 7 64bit

GTX 670

Driver: 347.52 -> 347.25 (fps still drop so often)

Edited by iamWinG

This is why I never update my graphics drivers til two updates come out after it.

I use 347.09, though I use a GTX 560. It may or may not be compatible with your 670, though you can probably find out on their website.

FPS SUDDENLY DROP MASSIVELY AFTER NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE (347.52)

Okay, my fps is higher than 60 without vsync mostly in most games
After I updated my display card driver 347.52, my fps will suddenly drop so low like 1-3fps and crash game.
Even though I just stand on the ship and looking the beautiful view (normal fps would be ~200)

Is it really the driver problem or what?

Are there anyone got the same problem :(?
I tried to drop my driver version to 347.25, problem still not fixed, sigh
(I forgot what is the version before I update to 347.52, maybe 347.0X or 1X)

----------
Windows 7 64bit

GTX 670

Driver: 347.52 -> 347.25 (fps still drop so often)

This is why I never update my graphics drivers til two updates come out after it.

I use 347.09, though I use a GTX 560. It may or may not be compatible with your 670, though you can probably find out on their website.

Okay thanks dude, I'll try 347.09 later

Edited by iamWinG

I have the same version of Windows and Geforce Drivers as you, but running a GTX 680. No issues graphics issues here.

Try uninstalling all Geforce drivers and Geforce Experience, some people recommend using a program like CCleaner, restarting and reinstalling.

Couple of issues to check, use something like Gpu-z or HWmonitor to check your temps, probably keep an eye on your other hardware temps like the cpu also.

Also, what screen do you use? If you constantly have higher than 60fps but your monitor maxes out at 60hz you're just stressing the Gpu for no reason, turn on vsync. Issues with input lag notwithstanding.

I have the same version of Windows and Geforce Drivers as you, but running a GTX 680. No issues graphics issues here.

Try uninstalling all Geforce drivers and Geforce Experience, some people recommend using a program like CCleaner, restarting and reinstalling.

Couple of issues to check, use something like Gpu-z or HWmonitor to check your temps, probably keep an eye on your other hardware temps like the cpu also.

Also, what screen do you use? If you constantly have higher than 60fps but your monitor maxes out at 60hz you're just stressing the Gpu for no reason, turn on vsync. Issues with input lag notwithstanding.

Thanks bro.

I am currently using a 1920x1080@60Hz monitor,

but I still like to turn off vsync since I found I can aim better and even smoother in other games

such like Team Fortress 2 and, of course Warframe. I found if I turn it on, the mouse sensitivity is so bad even though I can adjust it.

I've been using "Off vsync" for a couple of months. The problem just come out after I updated the driver (347.52) lol

Btw thank you for telling me using v-sync is just stressing the GPU :D.

However, hum, I just wondering, because some of my friends said that there is no problem by using "OFF v-sync" in my 60Hz monitor :///////

Edited by iamWinG