The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gradually Growing Lag Throughout All Multiplayer Games

LemongrabEarl

I can't remember the last time I found a match where lag wasn't affecting the game to the point that I could score stealth kills on enemies in the heat of battle. This, paired with the lag causing a random and hard to reproduce or even detail the steps to reproduce glitch of the UI causes a new problem.

That problem is the little-wanted and much-despised AFK rule that cops players who are dead by the end of the mission. This just hit me in a Saturn survival. The first time I went down I got the UI glitch and couldn't revive. I noticed the lag was higher at that point than it had been all along.

When I clicked revive I didn't get to play more. I instead saw my headless body rise in the camera angle of the deceased, and when I tried to move I only spun around in place. My UI menu was available down where my body was but it was unplayable. When the mission was over, I got screwed out of all mission milestone rewards, e.g. the 5 minute ones. All because the game glitched and I couldn't properly revive.

This is a huge problem and it's been around for at least U15 launch.

TL;DR: Getting screwed out of survival mission rewards due to glitched UI on revive was incredibly un-fun!!

2015-03-01_00002_zpsdv60jhyz.jpg

Edited by LemongrabEarl

It has been around since U7 mate,

Anyways Lag is prob host problem.

Maybe your in a different region that is not compatible with you, lets say you live in *Asia* and you set off your region type to *Europe*

The host is waaaay too far for you hence the lag. *Region Sectors* affects whom you play with.

Ok, I understand your point, it's normal on MMOs to have this lag. It's the latency due to the distance from the host and my own configuration. Perhaps I wasn't clear because I wanted to rant about lag.

The problem is the game's glitching out on revive. I should have simply revived regardless of the host's location. The game did not do that for me, the game froze and buckled under the pressure, and never recovered. Then the afk rule kicked in and denied me all my collected loot. In fact, it acted like I joined the game in the last 30 seconds and nothing in the past 25 min was received by me.

Seriously sorry that I'm still running into this problem. It happened again tonight after 40 min of survival.  This is the same problem I ran into last night after attempting a revive. The headless Tenno that can't move aside from spinning around, the inescapable UI menu screen that I actually was able to escape ONCE earlier after a revive thanks to another player telling me to hit Esc key twice. Didn't work the second time, and my mission reward summary turned in my total play time, over 40 minutes, and oddly 15K credits, but nothing else at all...  this is the absolute worst experience.

The end of fun...

2015-03-02_00003_zps9fy2jlbh.jpg

The complete shaft.

2015-03-02_00004_zpsj4cazgxz.jpg

Edited by LemongrabEarl