Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Build My Frame :d

Jumba255

Question

I'm looking for a frame that can be successful with ONLY a melee weapon and its powers. Trying to get a couple builds for certain missions (rushing, survival/defense, basic level builds). So far I've been using a loki with stamina and efficiency build so I can block and disarm till the sun goes down but as soon as I make a little mistake... dead.

9 answers to this question

iv been building myself i haven't locked it down yet. I mostly look up and follow pre build sets. I would like to find one that can take down 40+ enemies my guess is once you pass 30 you need to squad up because no be surviving heavy gunner to the face at 40+.

I've tried valkyr but she's literally to easy, with an efficiency build I can almost constantly hysteria and I can't find a use for her other powers other than rip line to get where im going. Her stamina is really nice though. I know "p4tw" is annoying to some people but so are the lvl 40+ enemies.

I just tried out Frost and he's really good too, his powers do some decent damage while protecting himself and the party but his end game isn't so great. 

Another one I tried was Zephyr and she's a blast but not a great melee fighter.

In-game someone told me to use ash and... well he's the most boring frame I've ever played. There is almost no interaction, its just point and press 4 OR run away and use homing shurikens. Maybe I'm not playing him right? idk

[...] ash and... well he's the most boring frame I've ever played. There is almost no interaction, its just point and press 4 OR run away and use homing shurikens. Maybe I'm not playing him right? idk

Sorry but, this.

Each Warframe is boring if you play it in a unique way. Ash is incredibly funny if you simply don't abuse of Bladestorm and if you use other powers correctly, 'cause P4TW it's really boring. You want a melee frame? Well with Ash, an efficiency-duration-strenght build

(try this) http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ash/t_30_020002002_2-7-10-3-8-5-4-0-5-5-2-4-6-5-5-13-3-3-49-4-6-55-6-4-479-1-10_4-9-479-7-5-8-13-13-49-12-6-6-55-10-2-12-3-18_0/en/1-0-1/48813/0

and an (obvious, for me) Dual Ichor Berserker-Build you can destroy anything up to 100+ level without too much effort. 

I hope I was helpful

Personally I consider these mods a requirement for almost any melee build: Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard. Melee weapon also needs Lifestrike and Focus Energy and preferably a focus on damage per hit.

Handspring is also very very good if you can fit it in. If you can't, at least try and get Constitution in there. Knockdowns are plentiful in melee range, you don't always seem them coming, and they can easily kill you.

There are exceptions, obviously. Valkyr Hysteria build doesn't particularly need Reflex Guard, Handspring or Lifestrike/Focus Energy for instance. Frames that don't get shot probably don't need Reflex Guard or Rage so much.

Here are some melee builds you could try beyond the obvious Valkyr/Loki/Ash...

Saryn - Steel Charge, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Handspring, Steel Fiber, Regenerative Molt, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude

Molt to distract enemies and heal you, Venom to proc Viral on tough enemies, Miasma to CC/clear the area if you're overwhelmed. Don't bother with Contagion, use that energy for channeling and Molt.

Volt - Energy Siphon, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Constitution, Primed Continuity, Streamline, Shocking Speed, Intensify

With this, you should be able to keep Speed going pretty much indefinitely to boost movement/melee speed and CC anything you get near. You also have the Electric Shield to block gunfire and Shock if you need some CC at a distance.

Ember - Energy Siphon, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Steel Fiber, Primed Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, status Silva Aegis

No, really. You use Accelerant to stun enemies and apply a massive Heat resistance debuff for your Silva Aegis. Slam attacks and Heat procs from the weapon add some more control. There's Fireblast and/or World On Fire if you're surrounded and need some breathing room. Fireball if you need to hit something at a distance (eg cameras, flying enemies).

Trinity - Corrosive Projection, Primed Flow, Rage, Quick Thinking, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Stretch, Fleeting Expertise, Natural Talent

EV and Rage gives you energy so you can always keep up Link for damage resistance. And if you lose a lot of health despite that, Quick Thinking ensures you survive so you can cast Blessing to heal yourself and get even more damage resistance.

Banshee - Energy Siphon, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Handspring, Savage Silence, Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Seismic Palm Ankyros Prime

Possibly crazy idea I'm currently developing. Savage Silence increases damage for Finishers. Seismic Palm's basic combo knocks enemies down for Ground Finishers, while its block combo sets humanoid enemies up for Counterattack Finishers. Narrow Minded reduces the range on Silence so that enemies will only be stunned when you get near them, similar to the effect of Volt's Shocking Speed augment.

ash and loki are top  contestants as they get stealth multipliers on all of their melee attacks as long as you don't alert any enemies (don't bump into them)

valkyr is a melee oriented frame, her ult makes her invincible but takes away her gun

Personally I consider these mods a requirement for almost any melee build: Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard. Melee weapon also needs Lifestrike and Focus Energy and preferably a focus on damage per hit.

Handspring is also very very good if you can fit it in. If you can't, at least try and get Constitution in there. Knockdowns are plentiful in melee range, you don't always seem them coming, and they can easily kill you.

There are exceptions, obviously. Valkyr Hysteria build doesn't particularly need Reflex Guard, Handspring or Lifestrike/Focus Energy for instance. Frames that don't get shot probably don't need Reflex Guard or Rage so much.

Here are some melee builds you could try beyond the obvious Valkyr/Loki/Ash...

Saryn - Steel Charge, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Handspring, Steel Fiber, Regenerative Molt, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude

Molt to distract enemies and heal you, Venom to proc Viral on tough enemies, Miasma to CC/clear the area if you're overwhelmed. Don't bother with Contagion, use that energy for channeling and Molt.

Volt - Energy Siphon, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Constitution, Primed Continuity, Streamline, Shocking Speed, Intensify

With this, you should be able to keep Speed going pretty much indefinitely to boost movement/melee speed and CC anything you get near. You also have the Electric Shield to block gunfire and Shock if you need some CC at a distance.

Ember - Energy Siphon, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Steel Fiber, Primed Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Transient Fortitude, Intensify, status Silva Aegis

No, really. You use Accelerant to stun enemies and apply a massive Heat resistance debuff for your Silva Aegis. Slam attacks and Heat procs from the weapon add some more control. There's Fireblast and/or World On Fire if you're surrounded and need some breathing room. Fireball if you need to hit something at a distance (eg cameras, flying enemies).

Trinity - Corrosive Projection, Primed Flow, Rage, Quick Thinking, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Stretch, Fleeting Expertise, Natural Talent

EV and Rage gives you energy so you can always keep up Link for damage resistance. And if you lose a lot of health despite that, Quick Thinking ensures you survive so you can cast Blessing to heal yourself and get even more damage resistance.

Banshee - Energy Siphon, Vitality, Rage, Reflex Guard, Handspring, Savage Silence, Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Seismic Palm Ankyros Prime

Possibly crazy idea I'm currently developing. Savage Silence increases damage for Finishers. Seismic Palm's basic combo knocks enemies down for Ground Finishers, while its block combo sets humanoid enemies up for Counterattack Finishers. Narrow Minded reduces the range on Silence so that enemies will only be stunned when you get near them, similar to the effect of Volt's Shocking Speed augment.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for taking the time to post this

Oh, another thing:

Keep your expectations realistic.

Melee is good enough for Ceres, Pluto and short T4 Void missions, which is really all the game was designed for anyway. Don't expect much more without specific builds and team setups.

If you can solo a Ceres mission as a melee build, you're doing pretty good.

Edited by OniGanon