Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling Potatoes

ReiganCross

Is kind of sad when you want to sell a weapon and you really don't want to because it has a potato in it. Those things are kind of precious, aren't them? So why can't we pull them off when we sell them off?

I bring this up mainly because i'm kind of conflicted about the new Frost. I'll want to sell the old frost if i have the Prime one, y'know, but the old frost have a potato in it so it makes it kind of hard to sell, i kind of don't want to sell the potato in him. Those things are hard to come by, y'know, half of my potatoes are platinum buyed.

In fact, now that i think about it, this all ties in with an issue i have with this game. Everything i make is final and decisive, there is no room for mistake when choosing warframe or weapons. If i want to experiment around to see what a Paris with a catalist plays like, i'll be stuck with it, wether i like the Paris or not. Or the Warframes, i have to believe what the flavor text tells me about the Warframe (often over-blown exagerations of the true purpose of the warframe) and then spend a while farming blueprints, mats and waiting for it. What if i don't like the Warframe? What if i set a potato in him to see if it performed semi-decently and then regreted the decision? (True enough i can't think of a Warframe that doesn't over-perform with a potato, but hey, people may think otherwise.)

True that we can't have people pulling off potatoes from every equipment they have. If you could just pull a potato off an equipment you'd just need 1 reactor and 3 catalist for the rest of the game, so yeah, i understand a supercharging being so decisive and suport it. But how about you give me my reactor back when i get rid of that piece of gear? It's not like i'll be selling everything i have just so i can keep a rotating potato, but if you did it at least i would have the possibility of potatoing the weapon and sell it just in case i don't like it. It's ESPECIALLY frustrating when you use Supercharged weaponry to make akimbo blueprints such as Twin Viper.

This is a sore topic...I haven't heard DE say anything about so the assumption is that it's working as intended and zero S#&$s are given

Huh... What a depressing though, they were doing everything pretty fine so far. But it's true that from a business standpoint you DO want people to make only final choices so they need to spend more money on other options. But not from a game design standpoint, you'd want to open the options to the player as much as possible... Kind of a delicate subject, i see.

Frost Prime is the best time to bring this kind of thing up though. A lot of people are going trough the same thing and this is popping up all around. What people don't want is to get rid of their Supercharged Warframes in order to get a new one (And yeah, i don't have a problem with slots, really, i have 12 of them. I just don't want to have 2 slots with the SAME frame, which is why i haven't made Excalibur yet.)

I assume you have already had value out of the potato in your current frost frame, the way DE have this set up is perfectly reasonable. We all make a conscious decision to use reactors and catalysts knowing this game is evolving and adding new content nearly every week, if you do not consider that when making choices, that's on you.

However, I don't even see why you make this post, roughly every week there is an alert with a reactor BP and plenty of time between now and the release of 8.0 to farm the mats and BP needed to make another.

yup I share the exact same problem. I truly support the idea of the option to be able to remove potatoes with a long cooldown so that people wouldnt abuse it.

Just remove the orokin stuff when you get rid of the weapon. You'll be able to get rid of your weapons for good without the sting of regret from it having a potato on it. And selling weapons and leveling a new one takes a S#&$load of time, people won't be just selling stuff at random.

This is a sore topic...I haven't heard DE say anything about so the assumption is that it's working as intended and zero S#&$s are given

Well, i agree with you that DE haven't said anything for as long as i have played, and you have played longer than i have. But i don't think that they don't give a S#&$ about it.

In my opinion, i would add a 10 plat bonus to selling potatoed stuff. It's not enough to buy another potato, but at least it's better than nothing.

10 plat makes sure that you take care about what you potato.

really?... really? if you could take potatos on/off there would be no reason then have more then 3 for weapons & 1 for warframes.

They have to make money on something & to be fair the potatos are pretty cheap & you can farm all the weapons yourself.

I assume you have already had value out of the potato in your current frost frame, the way DE have this set up is perfectly reasonable. We all make a conscious decision to use reactors and catalysts knowing this game is evolving and adding new content nearly every week, if you do not consider that when making choices, that's on you.

However, I don't even see why you make this post, roughly every week there is an alert with a reactor BP and plenty of time between now and the release of 8.0 to farm the mats and BP needed to make another.

Oh, i have nearly no problem with obtaining the potatoes, really, i think this game is worth the money and i'll actually pay for more potatoes anytime. Also, i did had the value of my potato on my Frost indeed, Frost is an awesome frame and i'm happy it got the prime treatment. Hell, all of the Orokin Reactors i'v set on my frames are worth it (And i have about 9 Supercharged Warframes), the only weapon i possiby regret supercharging are the Dual Heat Sword and the Dark Sword but hey, my mistake. What i'm saying is that they are suddently making old content obsolete generating new content trough power creep. ( http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/power-creep ) I would like to just be able to migrate to the new content without regreting my old purchases. (Or else, why would i supercharge ANYTHING if there will ALWAYS be something better down the line?)

really?... really? if you could take potatos on/off there would be no reason then have more then 3 for weapons & 1 for warframes.

They have to make money on something & to be fair the potatos are pretty cheap & you can farm all the weapons yourself.

I have comented on this, read the whole damn thing.

Well, i agree with you that DE haven't said anything for as long as i have played, and you have played longer than i have. But i don't think that they don't give a S#&$ about it.

In my opinion, i would add a 10 plat bonus to selling potatoed stuff. It's not enough to buy another potato, but at least it's better than nothing.

10 plat makes sure that you take care about what you potato.

Here's a problem with this. Not every potato i got is platinum bought... Which means that i would be getting platinum back for something i didn't pay platinum for. Eventually people would start slotting stuff and selling them to get such thing as extra slots and stuff the devs want to keep stricktly paid options. Potatoes are not tracked by source which is why they can't simply refund you the plat without resetting your account. Hence, if you got 10 plat for something sold with a potato on it, you'd effectively be giving players a way to get platinum without paying for it (Which is not such a bad idea, watch this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/microtransactions )

Edited by ReiganCross

Hence, if you got 10 plat for something sold with a potato on it, you'd effectively be giving players a way to get platinum without paying for it (Which is not such a bad idea, watch this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/microtransactions )

[sarcasm]Yes. Because gaining 10 platinum for every potato you get via crafting is going to crash the system.

With 75 platinum being 5 bucks.[/sarcasm]

=)

It's food for thought anyway.