Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worth Upgrading Karak?

NuggetsTheCat

Question

I've been using my karak as my primary since ditching my MK1 Paris. It's ok but now that I'm getting a bit further in the game, it's lacking a bit in power and the clip size is starting to be an issue. I got my first forma as a log in gift today and was wondering whether it was worth using on the Karak or whether i should just ditch it and work on something else. Pretty tempted to use the forma with my Tipedo I just crafted but melee is generally is more of a fall back thing for me. Any suggestions?

Edit:When i say forma, i might be meaning orokin catalyst/reactor, i can never remember what does what.

Edit: Double checked, I meant catalyst but i guess i could use the forma on it too.

Edited by NuggetsTheCat

Hmm ok, lots of options here. I think I'll keep going with it for now but not bother with catalysts/forma at the moment. It's at level 30 already but recently i've been using the bolto and my tipedo instead just for fun really. I may just pick up the braton just for MR for now until i can maybe pick up the soma.

Hmm ok, lots of options here. I think I'll keep going with it for now but not bother with catalysts/forma at the moment. It's at level 30 already but recently i've been using the bolto and my tipedo instead just for fun really. I may just pick up the braton just for MR for now until i can maybe pick up the soma.

Put the Cat in the Tipedo and forma it if your mods are high enough to need it.  I used it for a melee only T3 survival upto 45 minutes.  

Link to another post showing off what it can do. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/410448-seeking-input-on-valkyrs-melee-weapon/#entry4541850

I'd also go along with the idea of getting the Latron and then making the Tiberon when it's ranked up.

Before spending any catalysts/reactors/forma, I would recommend you at least rank up to 30 one of each type of weapon. That is, semi-auto (like the Latron), burst (Tiberon), auto (you've done this already), shotgun (Strun), charge (Paris) and something continuous for the hell of it (I can't think of anything particularly easy to get, but the Gammacor BP is definitely on the market).

It's nowhere near as daunting as it sounds to level a few weapons, and before you know it you'll be going from unranked to maxed in an hour. Playing around with each type of weapon through a small selection of missions will really acquaint you with the feel of them, and allow you to get a solid idea of what type of guns you enjoy. You might be pleasantly surprised at what you actually find enjoyable. Of course, there are variations between guns within each type, and multiple unique weapons that don't really fit into any one clear category (Quanta/Paracyst/Mut.Q with their alt firing modes; the launchers -Penta, Ogris, Torid; unusual weapons like the Nukor, Ignis, etc. - but I digress). The main reason I suggest this is that while I'm definitely in support of using your resources on things you enjoy using as opposed to things you think you SHOULD be using, it would be nice to avoid the possibility of spending an item you only have one/two of on something you very quickly stop using once you find something you prefer. Of course, forma become quite common once you start doing void runs with any frequency, but catalysts and reactors do not.

Having said that, the priority is fun! If you really enjoy the gun you're using and want to take it with you on harder missions, upgrade away!

I still have my Karak but have switched to the Soma when I leveled although I like the feel of Karak a little better. 

I didn't put a potatoe on anything until I was level 5 but it is up to you.

That is one of the beautiful things about this game. 

I do love my Soma when I get into a one on one with a Heavy Gunner however.

Personally, since you probably want the continue to get the highest XP,  I would switch to some other weapons and try to get them to 30.

I am a rifle guy so if I think I am going to be going into anything a bit challenging I make sure I have a maxed out primary weapon and possibly some low ranked secondary and melee weopons.

If I am trying out a new warframe, then I grab some better gear until I level up a bit.