Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Widow, The Void Lurker [Spider Warframe]

Xiusa

If you're confused about anything, don't be afraid to ask!

Name: Widow, the Void Lurker

Stats:

80 Armour

125 Power

125 Shield Capacity

125 Health

180 Stamina

1.15 Sprint Speed

Passive: Void Lurker: Widow gains invisibility and speed while under the cover of darkness. Emerging from the veil of darkness gives her a brief boost in damage. Being in the shadows grants Widow 2.5/5/10/15% bonus movement speed. Leaving the shadows grants Widow 5/10/20/30% bonus movement speed. Leaving the shadows gives her a 10/20/30/40% damage boost for 2/3/4/8 seconds. Widow can also freely climb walls and ceilings, so long as she has the stamina for it. Climbing walls and ceilings costs 5 stamina every 2 seconds.

Void Webbing:

Widow sends out webbing, either travelling to target terrain location and attaching to it if it’s a ceiling or wall, or affecting an enemy based on where it’s placed on them. Widow can be knocked out of travelling to terrain if she is affected by an impact, blast, or otherwise knockdown effect. If placed on an enemy’s head they will be hung from the ceiling and begin to suffocate. If placed on an enemy’s torso they will be flung into the nearest wall or enemy. If placed on an enemy’s legs they will be rooted. Costs 10 if terrain is targeted. Costs 15 if an enemy is targeted. Cast range of 10/15/20/26m

-Head: Enemies hang from ceiling for 8/12/16/32 seconds. Enemies suffocate during the same amount of time for 10/20/30/40 finishing damage. If there is no ceiling, enemies simply suffocate.

-Torso: Enemies are flung to the nearest wall or enemy and take 50/70/90/110 impact damage if it’s a wall, and both enemies take 65/85/105/125 if it’s an enemy. Wall or enemy must be within 10m. Prioritizes enemies over walls.

-Legs: Roots an enemy in place for 8/14/20/26 seconds.

Venomlings:

Widow summons her Venomlings to actively seek out enemies and inject a deadly neurotoxin. Enemies that are unalerted will fall asleep upon being affected by a venomling. All alerted enemies affected by a venomling will be inflicted with a Radiation proc. Costs 50 energy. All enemies affected by a venomling will take 20/30/40/80 toxin damage for 2/3/4/8 seconds. Widow summons 2/3/4/8 venomlings, that seek out enemies for 8/16/24/32 seconds. Enemies sleep for 8/16/24/24 seconds. Venomlings seek out targets within 5/10/15/15m. Venomlings cannot target the same enemy as another venomling, or an enemy that is currently affected by one. If Widow casts Void Webbing while this ability is active, all remaining venomlings will affect the enemy target.

Feast:

Widow leaps onto an enemy, damaging them initially and drains them of their vital essence, restoring Widow’s health and energy over time. If target is unalerted, deals massive initial damage. If the target dies, the rest of the health and energy return is immediately given to Widow. Costs 75 energy. 8/8/16/16m leap range. Initial damage of 100/150/200/300, distributed between puncture, slash, and impact evenly. Undetected damage of 200/300/400/600 and an additional 50/100/200/400 toxin damage. Deals 30/40/60/80 toxin damage per second. Restores 10/20/40/80 health per second. Restores 2/3/4/8 energy per 8/4/3/2 seconds. Lasts 3/4/6/8 seconds.

Inject:

Widow extends her additional limbs, injecting nearby enemies with a volatile toxin that will cause them rupture after a short period of time. Enemies below a certain health threshold die and explode immediately. Costs 100 energy. Causes initial damage of 350/450/550/850 damage divided between puncture and toxin evenly. Explosion damage of 500/750/800/1600 toxin damage. Affects up to 1/2/3/4 nearby enemies. Explodes after 8/6/4/2 seconds. Injects enemies within 8m. Explosion radius of 4/6/8/8m. Targets die immediately if at or below 10/15/20/25% health.

Mod effects:

POWER DURATION: All duration components.

POWER STRENGTH: All damaging components. Amount of Venomlings summoned. Does not affect damage threshold on Inject.

POWER RANGE: All range components apart from Inject’s initial range

POWER EFFICIENCY: Affects all energy consumption.

Augments:

Void Webbing: Proficient Webbing: Casting on terrain is refunded upon arrival.

Venomlings: Quicklings: Venomlings move twice as fast.

Feast: Vicious Leap: All enemies caught in your leap are knocked down.

Inject: Caustic Reaction: If a target dies from the explosion, they also explode.

Edited by Xiusa

I'm very interested in all the possible application for the webbing, though I kind of imagine not all of those applications could potentially be included. Probably sticking it to walls to make walkable terrain for allies, some effects for if an enemy walks into it that aren't dependent on body part, some effect when casting it directly on an enemy, and possibly an effect for casting it on terrain after casting it on an enemy.

I feel like a passive bonuses might be a bit much, though it really depends on how many dark places there are on the map. I love the idea around it, but the bonuses just seem too big. Maybe something more like 20-30% movement speed and damage while in the shadows and for 6 seconds after leaving them.

This is a well written concept. Well done. Though I must say that the passive is just overpowered. 80% damage boost? that is too much, most likely around 30% at most for that duration. I'd also recommend that you put your text into spoilers so it's easier to 'digest' the text and it isn't just a blur to the eye. You can put something in a spoiler with (however change it so that the: ~spoiler~ turns to: spoiler (remove the ~)) : [~spoiler~] (enter text here, then at the end of it put this: ) [/~spoiler~]

This is what it looks like with a spoiler

i feel liked the passive is ridiculously strong for a passive in warframe O.o 

also webs though a neat idea, considering them terrain for you and your allies could get super annoying and at times trollerific.

otherwise this is pretty cool!

I've decreased the movement speed and damage bonuses on her passive. I've also included spoilers for all of the abilities. Reworked her Void Webbing to not be so complex and problematic.

Edited by Xiusa

Perhaps I'm just reading poorly or I don't understand something but at which point does it applies the void

That's where the Tenno originally got their powers is all. Just wanted to incorporate it