Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Login Rewards ( Aka Useless Crap)

ZWarhammer

I've been playing this game for about a month now and never was a day when i have't logged in.

I really love this game and i put both time and money into it, in means to support it but the daily login rewards really don't reward you for your time in any way.

at this point i managed to stack up on awesome daily rewards i've gotten so far which consist of:

Large Health restore pack x25

shotgun ammo box x3

rifle ammo box x1

pistol ammo box x3

large team heals x2

2k creds reward around x8

This is just from top of my head but you get the point.

The point is that the chance of getting anything useful from the daily rewards is minute if even possible.

The worst part about these rewards is that they are completely useless! never was i in a spot where i wished that i had one of those rewards mentioned above equipped, having daily 4 revives does't help this.

I think there also must be some penalty evolved to using those revives otherwise these existing items are mostly useless but that's another matter.

Right now i want to focus on improving the daily login rewards so that there is actually a reason for people to look forward to starting this game next time, the excitement of not knowing what awesome reward you might get is currently almost none existent.

This is my suggestion on how to improve the login rewards to be somewhat meaningful:

currently the maximum reward star rating goes up to 3 which supposedly enables you to get better rewards, i say it should be possible to go higher than 3 stars if you play the game long enough.

say: after playing for 2 weeks you could get a 4 star rating that would remove some of the more useless stuff like ammo boxes from the reward pool. 

Then say after 1 month of playing this game it could go up to 5 stars that would remove stuff like teams heals and 2k creds from the reward pool leaving only good stuff in there.

I think if someone spends an entire month playing this game they should be properly rewarded and in the end at that point they most likely have most of the stuff they want anyways.

This is the example i came up with but it definitely can be improved or changed.

I'm open to all suggestion on how to make this work better but please only use constructive criticism.

Thank you for taking your time to read through this matter and have a wonderful day.

Edited by ZWarhammer

Have you read this wiki entry on login rewards?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Rewards

Login rewards - 7+ days in a row  ★★★

If you login 7 and more days in a row, you qualify for the best bonuses and gifts currently available:

There's a few ways you can look at this.  One: You could just not get anything at all.  AKA they are nice enough to allow you a chance to get catalysts/reactors which are worth plat and other stuff that you get because you simply logged in...  You may not like the ammo boxes or health restores but I take it you haven't played long enough to make it very far in endless defense missions etc?  Those health packs make a big difference in case you get farted on by a Toxic ancient, and the ammo is beyond needed after about wave 30.  Second way is to just appreciate what you are given for just logging in.  Sure it's frustrating, but when you get that reactor/catalyst or something its pretty exciting!

If you login 7 and more days in a row, you qualify for the best bonuses and gifts currently available:

While it is true that anything on the list *can* appear theoretically, the distribution is incredibly skewed towards, sorry, worthless crap. I do not expect to get a potato every day just for logging in, but I would personally greatly appreciate something like a token system that rewards consecutive logins in it's place.

There's a few ways you can look at this.  One: You could just not get anything at all.  AKA they are nice enough to allow you a chance to get catalysts/reactors which are worth plat and other stuff that you get because you simply logged in...  You may not like the ammo boxes or health restores but I take it you haven't played long enough to make it very far in endless defense missions etc?  Those health packs make a big difference in case you get farted on by a Toxic ancient, and the ammo is beyond needed after about wave 30.  Second way is to just appreciate what you are given for just logging in.  Sure it's frustrating, but when you get that reactor/catalyst or something its pretty exciting!

Countering One: Yeah, i think in all my gameplay time, logging EVERY DAY i got, mostly, one Orokin Catalysts... I really wouldn't mind if they dropped it and it being there is not raising my gametime at all. In fact, it's kind of annoying pandering, feels like a cheap marketing trick to make sure you're always here at least once a day (And let me tell you, the Daily Victory bonus works better then the ever remote chance of getting an Orokin BP.)

Countering Two: No, i don't appreciate what they are giving me, why? Because i enjoy EARNING what i have in contrast of it just being given to me. Take for example FTL gameplay, every ship i had in there (With the expection of the Engineer Ship, really) i fough pretty hard for it. I EARNED that Rock Ship Type B, i fought for the right to fly the Federation Cruiser around in a suicide mission. That was badass. Being given free stuff, and mostly useless stuff, again, just feel like a cheap way to keep your attention (What's worse is that i really think DE doesn't need it. Warframe is a frigging awesome game and every time i log in, i just get annoyed by the daily reward while i move to kill some stuff. I don't really think people are logging in daily to get this consolation prize. In fact, Warframe stands to gain more if they put advertisement in place of the Daily Login screen instead of what they do now.)

Edited by ReiganCross

Yes i'm perfectly aware of the existent roster of rewards and my point is that chances of getting anything good as it stands are almost none existent.

Haven't missed a log in from when I started playing, the only thing of note that I got from it was a blue potato bp, in over a month of gameplay. The odds are terrible, since after that all I have gotten are ammo boxes, but its better than nothing I guess.

Considering it's a free otherwise cash shop/rngception item, I think once a month is a pretty decent chance.

my free stuff isnt free enough, it needs to be freer. 

make it so every other day i get a duplicate of something i already have. and 100k credits.

once thats done we can work on making this system worth getting automatically for free..... like legit for free.

So... you're complaining about a bonus that you get... for free?

Because that's what this really comes down to. You could just get nothing at all. It's an incentive to log in and play, but it's not an indication that you are entitled to any free potatoes from the bonus slot RNG.

If you are complaining that you don't get enough free potatoes, which are worth about roughly $1.50 American dollars, then the bonus daily login reward isn't what you should be looking at.

Never seen it before.

Just XP, Credits and ammo boxes... -___- yeeeheee...

Because that's what this really comes down to. You could just get nothing at all. It's an incentive to log in and play, but it's not an indication that you are entitled to any free potatoes from the bonus slot RNG.

If you are complaining that you don't get enough free potatoes, which are worth about roughly $1.50 American dollars, then the bonus daily login reward isn't what you should be looking at.

Like i said i've been playing this game for about a month now, nothing that can be gotten through login rewards tickles my fancy anymore, i bought all the potatoes i need with platinum and never relied on alerts to drop them either.

I don't think most of you understand that i did't make this topic because i'm greedy or i want more rewards  or more free stuff, i'm at the point in the game where i can sit myself off in all chat missing potato alerts and not caring about them.

This topic is aimed to improve existing mechanics of the game of which login reward being one of them, if they stay as they are there is no real point of them being there to begin with.

This topic is aimed for people who can't afford to put money on the game for sole purpose of getting potatoes or for people who don't own credit cards, those people who dedicate themselves to playing this game for countless hours over duration of weeks and months should be rewarded fro it as far as i'm concerned.

Now for people who bought the founders packs it's great that you're supporting the game but you should also understand that people who play this game for ages support it just as much as you cause they keep the community alive hence they should not be discarded as a second hand citizen.

Edited by ZWarhammer

Well, i'm arguing that Daily Reward should be shoved off entirely... Really, it's kind of doing more hurt then good here and you already got the daily win system in place... Look at LoL and you'll see how well a "Daily Win Bonus" can do to your game. Merely Login Rewards though? That's more Grand Chase and zynga kind of thing. In fact, this game uses A LOT of "Zynga tactics" that i sincerely thing should be dropped down in favor of more mainstream ones or just nothing in place of them, because this is turning your game into something that soon i'll be able to run on Facebook. Paying to get a meaningless progress bar done faster? That's Zynga tactic. Drop the Zynga, DE, you're better then this crap.

Never saw those three:

Random Weapon Blueprints

Random Artifact

Random Mods

And i play since CB...

Once i got Ash BP, twice Ember BP.

When there was a chance for stopping the "roulette", some Orokin BP.

I understand the point of Zwarhammer... And i wish there were some more Stars where they discard the drop of ammo box and exp rewards.. so we can get some fusion core or mods... or artifact. (personally i have ten artifact but not the newplayer)

3 days

6 days ★★

9 days ★★★

12 days ★★★

15 days+ ★★★★★

Something like this would be cool imo.

Well, I've been playing this game for a few months now and I can tell you that the occurance of  Orokin rewards from daily rewards has become next to non-existent since about the time that saryn and banshee update was released to us.  I don't claim to know what changed, or when the exact time was that the change occurred.  But it has changed!  I used to get an 1-2 orokin reward or more rarely a weapon bp from daily reward every week or two.  Now I've gone over a month with not a single one except from the forced live feed alerts.

I feel for the OP as I know how annoying it is to login every single day without fail, even I'm only given 30 seconds to login, get reward and logout because of fiancé at 8pm at night.

Like i said i've been playing this game for about a month now, nothing that can be gotten through login rewards tickles my fancy anymore, i bought all the potatoes i need with platinum and never relied on alerts to drop them either.

I don't think most of you understand that i did't make this topic because i'm greedy or i want more rewards  or more free stuff, i'm at the point in the game where i can sit myself off in all chat missing potato alerts and not caring about them.

This topic is aimed to improve existing mechanics of the game of which login reward being one of them, if they stay as they are there is no real point of them being there to begin with.

This topic is aimed for people who can't afford to put money on the game for sole purpose of getting potatoes or for people who don't own credit cards, those people who dedicate themselves to playing this game for countless hours over duration of weeks and months should be rewarded fro it as far as i'm concerned.

Now for people who bought the founders packs it's great that you're supporting the game but you should also understand that people who play this game for ages support it just as much as you cause they keep the community alive hence they should not be discarded as a second hand citizen.

Saying that you want it changed so that OTHER people get more potatoes from the bonus roulette doesn't change the fact that you are asking for more potatoes from the bonus roulette.

Your example essentially translates into this: If I LOG IN every day for a month, I only get "the good stuff", as in blueprints, potatoes, mods, etc. If I LOG IN every day for one month, then I get potatoes coming out of my ears and I never really have to pay DE for anything ever again. That's not a good business model for a long-term game, and DE relies on tater purchases to continue supporting this game.

Daily Bonuses are not meant to be a meaningful source of high-end equipment. They are merely a small incentive to log in every day, with a very rare chance of getting something meaningful. Yeah, it won't mean jack to somebody who buys all their weapons and taters. But that doesn't mean it needs to be removed, and it doesn't need to become a something that could potentially damage DE's money-making methods.

Well, i'm arguing that Daily Reward should be shoved off entirely... Really, it's kind of doing more hurt then good here and you already got the daily win system in place... Look at LoL and you'll see how well a "Daily Win Bonus" can do to your game. Merely Login Rewards though? That's more Grand Chase and zynga kind of thing. In fact, this game uses A LOT of "Zynga tactics" that i sincerely thing should be dropped down in favor of more mainstream ones or just nothing in place of them, because this is turning your game into something that soon i'll be able to run on Facebook. Paying to get a meaningless progress bar done faster? That's Zynga tactic. Drop the Zynga, DE, you're better then this crap.

You really have no idea how a free 2 play economic structure works, do you?

I mean, my gosh, look at what you are complaining about. You want a little thing like an extra, free ammo box a day, removed from the game... for what? I don't even understand your reason. Because it reminds you of other free2play games? Because you somehow think that because Warframe is a F2P game, it will be like Farmville?

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

Since they "fixed" it that you can't click the images anymore at any time, I didn't get anything good out of it..."Hi there weapon XP for my lvl 30 weapons and ammo boxes (not even sniper ammo boxes, always shotgun, or pistol -.-)"

Edited by bakaxy

Saying that you want it changed so that OTHER people get more potatoes from the bonus roulette doesn't change the fact that you are asking for more potatoes from the bonus roulette.

Your example essentially translates into this: If I LOG IN every day for a month, I only get "the good stuff", as in blueprints, potatoes, mods, etc. If I LOG IN every day for one month, then I get potatoes coming out of my ears and I never really have to pay DE for anything ever again. That's not a good business model for a long-term game, and DE relies on tater purchases to continue supporting this game.

Daily Bonuses are not meant to be a meaningful source of high-end equipment. They are merely a small incentive to log in every day, with a very rare chance of getting something meaningful. Yeah, it won't mean jack to somebody who buys all their weapons and taters. But that doesn't mean it needs to be removed, and it doesn't need to become a something that could potentially damage DE's money-making methods.

You really have no idea how a free 2 play economic structure works, do you?

I mean, my gosh, look at what you are complaining about. You want a little thing like an extra, free ammo box a day, removed from the game... for what? I don't even understand your reason. Because it reminds you of other free2play games? Because you somehow think that because Warframe is a F2P game, it will be like Farmville?

You do realize that someone who played this game for that long already have enough potatoes and can afford to buy anything else from the list with creds with ease. The difference is that... that same guy might end up playing longer then he would otherwise if there was a bigger chance to get useful stuff so he can keep playing.

This game does't have any end game content to speak off, once you're done farming everything for which a month is more than enough then there is't much left for you to keep playing the game as actively as you did before while some people will just move onto other games.

Edited by ZWarhammer

You do realize that someone who played this game for that long already have enough potatoes and can afford to buy anything else from the list with creds with ease. The difference is that... that same guy might end up playing longer then he would otherwise if there was a bigger chance to get useful stuff so he can keep playing.

This game does't have any end game content to speak off, once you're done farming everything for which a month is more than enough then there is't much left for you to keep playing the game as actively as you did before while some people will just move onto other games.

Actually, no, this isn't true at all.

With the 1-month system as the OP has described, I can start as a free player, pay nothing at all while I play for a single month (or even just Log In every day for a month, without spending more than a minute in-game), then after that month, start receiving free potatoes every day from that point on. I have essentially just waited out DE's payment methods and can now acquire everything that normally would have been more or less a platinum purchase, for free, not a cent.

Orokin Reactors and the like are rare to find for free in-game for a reason. They are pretty much a highly-desired item that need to be used frequently, but are cheap and purchasable through platinum. I'm certain I've seen it said that potato purchases are DE's highest grossing platinum product. To suddenly receive an endless amount of these items, for free, just for logging in for a month, is just circumventing DE's f2p model and screams abuse.

Haven't missed a log in from when I started playing, the only thing of note that I got from it was a blue potato bp, in over a month of gameplay. The odds are terrible, since after that all I have gotten are ammo boxes, but its better than nothing I guess.

This is what I gather.

Every time I log in I see the orokin cataylst or reactor BP flickering through the choices and always end up with an ammo box instead.

i've been playing for a month or so and i've never had anything except for ammo, exp and 2k credits.

I know it's free stuff, yeah, but those ammo boxes are useless. I've only used 4 and only for my rifle. 4 in a month and i get one everyday. That's just not right. 

My suggestion? Leave the drop chances for potatoes and good stuff as it is, remove ammo boxes and put ammo boxes % chance into xp and credits. It's not much, but at least i can actually USE xp and credits.

Have Star conflict for example. They have a 5 day cycle: 

1st day: x amount of credits

2nd day: more credits

3rd day:

4th day:  you get the point

5th day: even more credits and faction xp

Repeat. 

In my opinion this kind of deal will do, with a random item on 5th day.

Cheers!!