Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reckless Abandon - Selfdestruct Mode?

Hallorann

Since the Tenno are all about self-sacrifice for the greater good, should there be a self-destruct option for when they die? Pretty much, it would deal an insane amount of damage to anything within so many meters, including bosses. The damage would scale on the level of the warframe itself, and could be used every time you die, or only when you do not choose to revive, and will no longer allow you to revive, with a penalty on xp (either max xp or you lose a certain amount of xp for the mission).

It'd just be cool to get killed by a buffed up grineer and do the whole Predator laugh while the Grineer flees, trying to escape that nuke.

Self-destruct...like sucide?

I'm not liking it. I can see three of my squad mates testing it out and poof they are all dead and I'm standing there facing a level 55 boss...yeah.

Well, once again the sentinel idea I just proposed would be a better solution.

It could be an artifact or a mod for sentinel or warframe.

Kamikaze

Release Orokin energy upon death, dealing damage equal to shield + health value percentage. [12.5/25/37.5/50]

Cons could be when you revive you don't revive with shields or energy.

Volatile

Sentinel explodes upon death, dealing high damage. Value equal to sentinel health + shield percentage. [12.5/25/37.5/50]

Cons could be sentinel takes longer to respawn [5/10/15/20]secs and no shields on respawn.

Edited by dragonboss

Kamikaze

Release Orokin energy upon death, dealing damage equal to shield + health value percentage. [12.5/25/37.5/50]

Cons could be when you revive you don't revive with shields or energy.

And destroying whole ship and a pity bit of Solar System.

It's just, when I see the Tenno ranking up, and going in that meditative pose, or when I go into the planetary systems overview map thing, I think of:

http://dalstonliteraryreview.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/thich-quang-duc.jpg

So I figure, why not have the Tenno's death mean something, other than being tossed around like a ragdoll? Have a cool death pose, or at least die standing.