The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Mire Improvements

dEEkAy2k9

Since the Mire is some kind of infested weapon that deals poison damage on hit

here's my suggestion

Make the Mires Poison OnHit stack up on every conseccutive hit.

So the first hit does 4 damage, the second 8, the third 12 (or maybe 16... doubling each time)

Poison Damage could also scale depending on pressure point

Since the Mire is some kind of infested weapon that deals poison damage on hit

here's my suggestion

Make the Mires Poison OnHit stack up on every conseccutive hit.

So the first hit does 4 damage, the second 8, the third 12 (or maybe 16... doubling each time)

Poison Damage could also scale depending on pressure point

I totally agree with the OP about a stacking poison multiplier on each consecutive hit on the same enemy.

These are a few of my suggestions to make the Mire stand out and more appealing to be used:

*To keep it from becoming too powerful cap the amount of damage it multiplies to be equal to that of the max damage the sword can do (35 or 32 if you follow  a  4 - 8 - 16 - 32 increments theory), reseting when it reaches that maximum number.

*Slide/spin attacks can only infect with the original base poison damage and can not stack.

*Poison can't critically hit.

*Poison ignores armor while the sword does not.

*Jump attacks to remain the same.

*Charged attacks do 50% of base weapon damage as poison damage.(i.e 17.5 poison damage on top of the claimed 75 according to the wiki)

*Damage reduction against infested and mechanized units.

*Humanoids take full damage effect.

If this method were implemented i would disagree about "pressure point" mod increasing the base damage of the poison effect as currently this does not seem to be classed as an elemental damage like the other 4 and is exclusive only to the Mire.

However if this type of system was not to be used i would be open to seeing "pressure point" increase both the weapon and poison damages.

tbh, i think the whole melee thing needs some rebalancing. so many swords are kinda useless.

I agree also with this statement.Currently there is only a couple of melee weapons that have any appeal (from my observations that being only duel wield or 2H) while the rest go unused.

It seems a shame that the design/development teams worked hard to create so much content for it to not even be looked at by the player base due to the fact that its lackluster compared to a couple other items that outperform them.

I don't feel a "nerf" is in order but rather a situation specific increase for certain weapons to keep a healthy diversity and enriching experience for the players across the board.