The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Attacks, Gram Vs Scindo Vs Dual Heat Swords

Phoenix86

Question

So... i was doing 'some math' around these 3 weapons with wiki numbers... it states:

Gram: Actual attack speed is 1.25 hits/second. One Charge attack takes 1.82 seconds.

Base Damage 40.0 Base Firing Rate 1.3 Accuracy 100.0 Base Charge Damage 200.0 Base Charge Speed 2.0s

Scindo: No other infos, same range as Gram

Base Damage 50.0 Base Firing Rate 1.0 Accuracy 100.0 Base Charge Damage 200.0 Base Charge Speed 2.0s

Dual Heat Swords: A nice 10% Crit Change + Polarity Slot

Base Damage 30.0 Base Firing Rate 1.0 Accuracy 100.0 Base Charge Damage 150.0 Base Charge Speed 1.46s

So considering these numbers looks like the Gram takes the edge with Charged Attacks, since it makes 200 dmg every 1.82s, which is faster than Scindo, which is higher and wider than DHS.

Gram also "has momentum during regular swings (decreases chance of being interrupted)" but i can assure you it works also on charged attacks (many times i see grineers trying to interrupt me invain, it's awesome!)

So I wanted to ask why so many ppl use Scindo/DHS instead of Gram, is there a particular reason i'm missing? (beside aesthetical preferences)

Remember i'm talking about charge attacks only, not interest in Auto-attacks (for those i use my Dual Ethers cause of the 100% AoE staggering, armor ignoring spam ;) )

11 answers to this question

AXE, NUFF SAID

just joking

maybe people only look at the wiki, and pick their weapons depending on the info up there. atleast i picked my scindo based on those stats

got a gram too but it's still unranked.

tbh, i don't think that 1,82 or 2 Seconds per charge attack makes such a big difference. =)

Got all three weapons and well... I'm not good in math, and don't really believe in it anyways, so I can only tell how I feel about them. I use them on Ash and Rhino, and both frames require a different mindset.

Schindo is kinda' meh. It's too slow for my taste.

I consider Gram and DHS pretty much equal. When potatoed and fully modded, the differences are subtle. Gram has better reach and a -bit- more damage, and doesn't feel -much- slower. However the swings are longer - that means more time when I has decreased mobility. When I'm on Rhino, and standing iron skinned in a flow of infected, that matters less, so I prefer Gram.

My Ash however requires mobility, and Gram feels to slow him down a great deal. A DHS slash takes a fracture second so I can position every strike exactly where it has to land. That's even useful against infected, but invaluable for Grineer and Corpus who tends to scatter around the place.

So I'd say for holding up a flow take Gram, for fast and precise slaughter DHS is better. Scindo might be good for someone who prefers shooting and only take down an occasional enemy that wanders too close.

*disclaimer notice: the above stated is only my opinion. I might be wrong, and everyone else is allowed to have their own. Scindo users, please don't stone me*

Scindo has further Range.

I never used a Scindo but the wiki says clearly that Gram and Scindo have equal range

tbh, i don't think that 1,82 or 2 Seconds per charge attack makes such a big difference. =)

Well that difference allows Gram to Land 1 extra attack every 10 it's a flat 10% DPS increase

@Evan: i see where u are going with DHS, yeah i agree with ya that against kiting enemies DHS takes the edge for sure, the movement speed decrease it's a huge handicap

Edited by Phoenix86

I never used a Scindo but the wiki says clearly that Gram and Scindo have equal range

Well that difference allows Gram to Land 1 extra attack every 10 it's a flat 10% DPS increase

@Evan: i see where u are going with DHS, yeah i agree with ya that against kiting enemies DHS takes the edge for sure, the movement speed decrease it's a huge handicap

in theory, yes. but the scindo has got more range so you can hit more enemies with less swings.

all a matter of preference.

Gram does have less range, It's quite evident, but given the AOE cap of 3 >_> it's not much of a difference unless the guy is running away from you...

I'm going to potato my gram just because the color customization is amazing :))

I defenetly agree with it, Gram is awesome for its color customization!

Damn i have to make a screenshot of mine... u'll be amazed trust me ;)

edit: about the effective range i'd like to see some screenshots to prove it first, else i tend to give the truth to the wiki sry

Edited by Phoenix86

Love the gram as well.... really mean looking and effective in my defense missions.  For all other mission types, I personally prefer the mobility and slice rate of a dual piece setup even if the base and charge damage is lower to start with. 

Also gram doesn't ever shake anyone's screen. Or am I thinking of fragor? It is both that do that? I thought it was.

Anyways, slap a maxed fury mod on there as well.

Fury increases the speed of all melee attack animations.

So your charge swing ends up going faster as well, which means even more swings per second. I rather enjoy my gram. Potatoed it annihilates