The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant Crashes On Gtx 970

-Kryptic

Hello all,

for the past few weeks my warframe has been crashing. I tried everything that I could think of to fix this issue.

Everytime I get this crash, I either have to restart my PC or the game just closes and I get this error: war-418967 

I run everything on Max, and V-Sync on, but it does crash with any setting.

As soon as it crashes my fans on my GPU spin down. I don't think it is a driver crash but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Specs: 

(although not shown, my CPU is OC'd but it does not reach over 40C in game)

i59pd2_S.jpg

Edited by hiddenfive

I'd try using 347.25, even if it's just to rule out it being a driver issue. I have no issue with Warframe and my 970 using that driver build. The ones before that I got tons of crashes to where I couldn't even play because I'd randomly crash within 5-10 minutes of getting into a game. I haven't updated my drivers since I'm being paranoid about the problems returning with different drivers.

I have the same issue, same GPU.

As a workaround, disabling dx10 and dx11 in the launcher seems to have solved the crashing for now.

I have those enabled and I'm running it just fine with 347.25. The ones before that, I tried disabling it and it eliminated a lot, but not all of the crashes. And since DX hasn't been updated, pretty sure it was a driver issue.

Edited by Ceryk

Hello,

I also HAD driver crashes (347.52 version) many times only with warframe. Black screen, then kicked back to desktop, the game was still running I could hear the sound effects, In order to stop it I used the task manager to end the process. Any way, lot of anger and nerves experienced, the last few weeks, including all the bugs/glitches missing visuals, I almost give up playing that game.

But rolled back an older version of the Graphic driver to 344.75, since then (3 days now) no problems at least no game crashes.

When installing a driver (of your choice) use the Nvidia GeForce experience, choose Custom installation and don't miss to tick CLEAN INSTALL.

Hope this will help.

My rig:

CPU - i7 4790K

8GB RAM

mobo- MSI z97m

MSI GTX970 4G gaming.......