Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For Melee 3.0

DJYangster

now i love melee 2.0 i was one of the first few who kept posting about being able to do combos with the swords and being able to equip them, of course at that time everyone criticized me for it saying "the tenno blade is always ready we dont need to be able to equip it!" and although yeah that was the concept they had to begin with and everyone was convinced it didnt need to be changed.

However when it was changed and the DE changed their minds on the idea, the people who said the idea of being able to equip the melee weapons was a bad idea or even not needed, just suddenly had a change of heart and loved the idea and thought it was awesome, i just thought dam these people are freaken two face sons of B-word hahahaha.

but going back on topic the Idea i have for Melee 3.0 if they ever think about changing it a little more is!......

Lock on and Better Impact for melee!

now i know what you guys are think LOCK ON?!?!?! that isnt needed!!!! thats so stupid! warframe isnt that kind of game! or even why? that would only slow down gameplay! warframe is a fast pace game!

and i know i understand where you guys are coming from however! nothing wrong with slowing down gameplay just a little bit and allow some strategy and style! 

my idea is simple look at DMC (Devil May Cry 1-4 not the reboot) and Vindictus, now im talking about taking the ideas of the lock on mechanics of Devil May Cry where even though you lock on to 1 enemy and focus on that one the enemies around you can still get hurt, or just group them up and lock on to one while hitting all of them at once, now realistically when you fight with a sword even if you fight a group you fight by focusing on one enemy at a time but that doesnt mean you dont focus on the others you can still see them you just dont really need to worry about them right now because they arent going to do anything yet do for now focus on the one at hand.

Now the lock on mechanic can easily add more style to the game and more precision, because if you think about it when you melee its never really precise we tend to hit more air then we do enemies and the combo system feels like its meant for a lock on mechanic because once you start doing a combo and you miss you end up doing half the combo anyway hitting nothing but air and sometimes you die because of that, now when you think about sword combat even in a group its hard to miss with a sword unless the person dodges the sword because if you think about it when we swing a sword or a any melee weapon we know where we are swinging and it will hit unless the person we are swinging at decides to move, but it our current melee mechanic we know what we are going to hit but because melee is so clunky and messy we tend to miss even when we know we are aiming for them.

next Better Impact animation, and the best game i can think of for the best melee impact physics is Vindictus, because when you swing your swords or axe or hammer and hit the enemy it really impacts them and they felt it and you can see and tell that they felt that hit, but with our current melee mechanics yes they did try ti add more impact animation and its good but it still feels lacking and very clunky still and even if you dont like the idea of the lock on mechanic just getting ideas from or even taking the melee mechanic of Vindictus and applying to warframes melee when we have our melee weapons equipped would add so much more style and smoothness to the game and might even make parkour melee usable and relevent.

now these ideas are just ideas i understand not many of you will like them but give it some thought what do you guys think? lets talk about it below!

Melee 2.0 has a semi-lock on ability. Its in the options for auto-lock melee. It makes it really easy to land hits.

The impact, yes, would be awesome, but because of the limitations of the evolution engine, it can't supposedly be done (but if they had made warframe in say, the unreal engine, it would have been fine)

Melee 2.0 has a semi-lock on ability. Its in the options for auto-lock melee. It makes it really easy to land hits.

The impact, yes, would be awesome, but because of the limitations of the evolution engine, it can't supposedly be done (but if they had made warframe in say, the unreal engine, it would have been fine)

Yeah true, but the unreal engine just went free so who knows we might get an overhaul in the future.

Also yeah there is a semi auto lock but it just doesnt feel right still, idk how to explain it but that devil may cry style lock on it just feels right.

Don't post that much, just edit it.

The chance for porting it over to Unreal Engine are basically non-existant. But I do indeed agree with a better effect on hitting enemies with melee attacks

Although true but then again who knows hahaha but yes melee needs work, another idea from decil may cry is their awesome hit detection for their enemies because if you've plyed devil may cry you know the hit detection for the enemies is extremely satisfiying.

Hit detection seriously need some work. SERIOUSLY.

(enemies have the same clunky animation whether we hit them on the left side,on the head,the belly,the front or the back!)

Wounds need to be more accurate too!

Yeah i know right hit detection needs to be improved