Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make It Easier To Find And Locate Modules

XDeathCoreX

Considering how extremely rare the rare ones are, the least you can do is make them easier to see and locate.

You CANNOT depend on others alone, all they do is walk over it and walk away. Only a few actually mark it. In the end, everyone thats been there from the get go should have obtained the same amount of modules.

And make fusion cores a different drop.

I support this.

Everybody gets money if one teammate picks it up, so everybody should get mods and resources when one other teammate picks them up, as well.

This would also open up the possibility for splitting up the team if there are multiple objectives on a map which could in turn be used to change leveldesign into sth. less linear.

Edited by Lord.Finster

I still think that tagging it is the best way to go about it because teamwork and friendship, too bad if you're running with a pack of jerks. HEK, some players just plain didn't even know the tag/point feature even existed.

Sometimes I just run low-level areas and teach some players how to tag mods and wallrun, basically shouting SHOOT SECURITY CAMERAS whenever someone slides into a laser door trying to get past.

There are better ways to have this teamwork/friendship thing than people missing modules that could be rare. Most people just don't give a damn or know this exists and there isn't enough of you people to teach new guys and if I have to hold up extraction or kill less/do less just to search for these then so be it.

Sucks for everyone and one person isn't going to see ever module to mark it.

Mods should be automatically marked on my minimap and remain that way for a few seconds, at which point they will only go away if I travel a certain distance away from it. A reasonably long distance. That way, if I'm with my team and a mod drops, I'll be able to search for the marker for as long as I need to. Likewise, if I'm rushing ahead and not really caring about mods, those dropped by my far-behind teammates will appear on my map and allow me the choice to go after them, but should I choose not to head back, won't clutter my screen.

While I agree that it would be nice to have a better way of mods/resources being picked up, having it give it all to the group has a few issues.

- People that dont work with the group get the mods, so no real reason for them to stick around and work with the group (my bigest concern), sure affinity is nice but still not enough of an incentive currently.

- Everyone is likely to get the same mod (ie. whatever the collector got), without adding extra code and the like to handle it (unless the current pickup code can be linked into for this).

Though it could be that it is auto collected for anyone in the area that would be in range to get the bonus affinity from that person too.

Sure that doesn't help those that split off to hit two+ mission points at once, but each pair has their own collection instead.  While each pair realy isnt helping the others either, it does work both ways so sharing them isnt too bad a factor as it works for both of the seperate groups.

Edited by Loswaith

Autoloot - suggested it, thought about it some more and saw how easy that would make things.

Automarking - doesn't hurt nobody, one's own loot should not depend on other players in the group, this has nothing to do with teamwork as picked up modules don't aid in the combat at that time.

I'm all for automarking, makes life easier, not the game.

Easiest way to make everyone happy would just be when one person picks up the mod everyone gets it. Like someone else said, it works that way for money so might as well work for mods. Most people are selfish and never mark and waypoints run out too fast as it is.

How about this ... *getting ready to be flamed* :

Mods never drop, everytime you kill someone who was about to drop the mod, every player gets the mod, like auto-loot, but to whole team !!!

And yes, from everyone in team I mean that rusher too, who is waiting at the extraction when team is struggling in some room half a map away ;)

If mod marking is based on team play then it was a foolish idea. people are NOT marking these. This one team based idea has flown the coup. Does not work. Its severely flawed and needs a better idea than this crap. No one should have 2 or more mods than the other at the end. 

Something just isn't right.