Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Killing While Invisible(Ghost)

XDeathCoreX

Stealth killing is a special animation that can only be done while undetected and behind someone and you use to remain cloaked under Ghost(Shade) but not anymore making it less enjoyable and now you cannot do it a lot anymore, infarct you can only do it 1-3 times before you are detected because Ghost wore of off making everyone see you do it.

You must remain cloaked when doing this or else it's just not fun anymore and you can rarely do it which is disappointing.

While I've never experienced being able to attack without the Shade uncloaking, the Shade's ghost ability has been behaving erratically for me since 7.10.1  I've been uncloaking without attacking even when there are enemies nearby and not cloaking when I'm close and doing nothing but sneaking up to them.  I wonder if it's a bug or maybe I'm not doing it right?

Edited by sushidubya

• 3 weeks later...

I find that stealth in general is a bit poor in general.

Even when I unequip my sentinel (I don't have Shade yet), I can be crouching out of line of sight and somehow the stupid enemies still see me from a mile away when they have partial or no line of sight whatsoever.

Even when I use a Paris, I'll shoot 1 arrow, kill something a mile away and then *BLEEEP!* you're detected.

Uh yeah okay whatever. Then, during the rest of the map, the enemy knows EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE AT ALL TIMES. Because of that ONE guy I killed from 50+ meters away with an arrow and nobody actually physically saw me.

Also it'd be nice if you had 2-3 seconds of time to kill someone who is standing at the console. They run up to the console and a split second later, BLEEEP. How about they run up to the console, have to actually hit some keys to send the alarm, giving you time to pick em off before they can get it out?

etc etc etc.

Edited by Xylia

This whole detection thing is killing stealth, you don't feel much like a ninja when everyone knows you're there, everyone knows where you are. It's just run in gun with melee. You are more like a samurai then a ninja.

Don't see what's so ninja about run n gun and a poor stealth system that ninjas should be known for and this lockdown and laser fences popping up at last second is pointless. Those doors should stay open if they are lasers between them.

Am I playing a different game than everyone?

Generally speaking every single stealth kill I've made has gone unnoticed by enemies, unless its literally right in front of a target.  And I've been noticing lately that enemies are much easier to fool now.  I have only had a very select few instances where an enemy saw me across the room and immediately warned everyone.  And even then, I've felt like I've gotten away with far worse and had an alarm set at one point, only to have enemies been mostly unaware or even completely unaware in some levels.  I feel like most of the real complaints are from the past, but I feel that stealth is much better than it used to be, although there still needs to be some progress.

This is about being cloaked under ghost while in stealth kill animation.

Use to pick of Grineer in front of other grineer and it would be interesting seeing their reaction like they seen a ghost or they run like hell. And it's fun doing this and seeing them it killed off by an invisible person.

On the topic of Shade, it would be really useful if using your warframe's stealth skill also cloaked your damn sentinel. Countless times whilst using Ash or Loki I've had enemies just spot my shade whilst I'm invisible and then shot the crap out of it. Sentinels are as much a liability as an asset for stealth based game play. 

This also falls under the improve the AI section of the game, rather than instantly knowing where you are when you kill an enemy with a silent weapon and another enemy sees it, they should have to send out search parties, sure they can still raise the alarm if they make it to the console, but having alerted enemies doesn't mean they should psychically know where you are all the time. At least not until one of them pots you and alerts his comrades via radio. 

The dev team needs to take lessons from Arkham City. That's one hell of a stealth driven game. For a ninja game, it's surprising this kind of gameplay has been shoved aside for Halo type run n gun play.

Ninjas are not Spartans, except Rhino.

An Energy Sword would be cool.

So you say that we should be able to stay invisible even when attacking? Means that it would be like loki's invisibility, so everyone would be able to be invisible for a lower price and have those awesome crits, NO buy loki if you want that, don't make everyone into loki

Ever seen assassinations in Halo? Look it up. That is stealth kill. When you stealth kill, you were still cloaked. That was then and only that attack was cloaked and it made sense and added to the stealth. Now it is not cloaked any more.

And when you stealth kill by holding down E when close enough, you see a red number regardless of being cloaked or not, so your argument on wanting being like loki and getting crits while cloaked under ghost constantly attacking is not valid.

In other words, you wasted your energy posting that...

Also it'd be nice if you had 2-3 seconds of time to kill someone who is standing at the console. They run up to the console and a split second later, BLEEEP. How about they run up to the console, have to actually hit some keys to send the alarm, giving you time to pick em off before they can get it out?

I've actually had grineer rollers activate the alarm. Seems as soon as an alerted enemy of any sort gets close enough to the panel it just activates the alarm.

Also I don't agree with DE's sentiments on  backstabs.... They're afraid of it being exploited and being overpowered, but being overpowered is the point of a back stab.... you catch an enemy off guard and go for the neck.

It's just one big puzzle game, staying undetected and cloaked while attempting to stealth kill everyone. It's harder than just running and shooting and adds replay value. And most people don't really bother with stealth there was no reason to remove it. But some tried.

• 2 months later...

Eh, Shade's more of a gimmick in that area. I mean you can't expect the little robot to do all the stealth work when your frame isn't stealth based right? If you want to stay invisible while killing, choose the frames that are masters in it.

Stealth kill animation, not killing.

• 1 month later...