Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devs Of Bloodborne Cannot Beat It

TheErebus.

I feel Minecraft can get a bit overrated. But overall with some modpacks and friends, its great fun!

I tend to just play those mini-games with my cousins and nothing rages you more with that sweet smell of victory only to be trumped by lag.

You predicted me good sir. How very prepared you are, but are you prepared for the artificial difficulty that the souls franchise is known for?

Erm, I think artificial difficulty is just being thrown around like a hot potato. Honestly, DkS has rarely ever committed true artificial difficulty. If you mean NG+, then sure, but in the grand scheme of things, everything in DkS is done with actual difficulty and requires learning the enemy patterns to get past them.

Erm, I think artificial difficulty is just being thrown around like a hot potato. Honestly, DkS has rarely ever committed true artificial difficulty. If you mean NG+, then sure, but in the grand scheme of things, everything in DkS is done with actual difficulty and requires learning the enemy patterns to get past them.

I'm referring to the clunky animations that are worse than warframes side rolls and backflips. The fact that you can't move while healing. The cheaply hidden enemies that do stuff like kick you off a bridge to your death. I could go on, but I never finished it. I like quality RPGs.

I'm referring to the clunky animations that are worse than warframes side rolls and backflips. The fact that you can't move while healing. The cheaply hidden enemies that do stuff like kick you off a bridge to your death. I could go on, but I never finished it. I like quality RPGs.

That's...stupid. The animations aren't clunky, if anything, it's what made the game unique and of course you can't move when healing, it makes it tougher for you to play the game. If you could heal and move, most bosses would be cheesecakes compared to you. Also those kicks are very rare. Almost as rare as skeletons parrying you. 

Believe me when I say this, I've played the souls games almost as much (if not more) than you did with Dragons' Dogma. I know it inside and out.

That's...stupid. The animations aren't clunky, if anything, it's what made the game unique and of course you can't move when healing, it makes it tougher for you to play the game. If you could heal and move, most bosses would be cheesecakes compared to you. Also those kicks are very rare. Almost as rare as skeletons parrying you. 

Believe me when I say this, I've played the souls games almost as much (if not more) than you did with Dragons' Dogma. I know it inside and out.

"Animations aren't clunky, if anything, it's what made the game unique and of course you can't move when healing, it makes it tougher for you to play the game." - Generic response to defend artificial difficulty.

This is the same flaw that monster hunter has, except monster hunter and other games had this at the beginning due to hardware limitations. If the hardware is capable of running fluid and dynamic animations, but choose to use slow and clunky, then it is due to adding cheap artificial difficulty which in turn makes the souls franchise more akin to a platformer instead of an RPG.

Timing based challenges are no more skill based than quick time events. And I know how much you like those. Dragons dogma distinguishes itself from souls by having true dynamic combat with little to no clunky animation locks. This means that if you got defeated in battle it was due to your own strategies and being overwhelmed by numbers. Not because of QTE like rolling and attacking. I would compare Souls to Ryse in terms of combat. its all about timing, and that's it, no depth to the combat, no special strategies. That is why I hate the souls franchise with a passion, and simply cannot understand how it has followers.

In fact the fanbase of the souls franchise use variations of these defense lines, whenever you point out all it's many flaws:

"Oh it's just because you aren't skilled enough to beat it, that's why you don't like it"

"Have you even finished the game? then you have no right to criticise it"

"The mechanics aren't broken, they're that way to add difficulty"

Well my basic counterpoint to all these arguments are using broken mechanics to add artificial difficulty does not make your game take skill, and why should we spend time finishing a game we don't enjoy in the first place?

I have played around halfway into dark souls one, really forced my way into it in the hopes that it would have some moments that would make it worth the effort but the more i played it, the more it felt like timing and waiting simulator. I do not enjoy games like that.