Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Helping Players Abuse

(XBOX)Brennon Cook

Is it just me being very salty lately, or do people just come to the players helping players forum just to throw cupcakes at a wall and see how long it sticks? People are filling the forums with stuff that takes 2 seconds of research; like asking "what's this subforum for?" - just a example I could use without offending anyone. It really grinds my gears when people try to get spoon fed on easy topics when they're experienced/smart/capable enough to just search the topic.

Maybe it's just me. I'm a nice guy to new players over XBL, thankfully. What grinds your gears, forum? (Lame =3 joke)

Edit: I just realized the title could be easily mistaken. Could someone fix that before I get a warning? My bad...

Edited by (XB1)Caon Vadam

Maybe they really don't know how to answer there own questions, maybe the only place they know about getting help from is players helping players. 

The forums are there for people to help other people not for you to judge when they deserve help and when they don't

Edited by BrotherIcarus

Maybe they really don't know how to answer there own questions, maybe the only place they know about getting help from is players helping players. 

The forums are there for people to help other people not for you to judge when they deserve help and when they don't

There's a limit I'd like to think. People are asking when the proto skins are coming out when they just got announced through a PSA. These people are lazy, they don't need help.

There's a limit I'd like to think. People are asking when the proto skins are coming out when they just got announced through a PSA. These people are lazy, they don't need help.

And where is this PSA at? I saw it mentioned on dev streams and on prime time, but not in any general place.

I'm extremely active on the forums and I have no idea about this PSA.

Just because you know this info it doesn't mean others are lazy for not knowing about it. 

1. That's a PSA

2. It was echoed everywhere for a week, reddit, forums, the region chat. Everywhere. Simply searching the subject on the search bar will give you 100 threads.

Okay, so, to recap:

It was said on a couple of shows that about 10,000 (out of 14,000,000 people) watch.

It was said on websites I don't visit.

It was said in a chat channel which is both highly unreliable and mostly avoided by players, particularly ones that want a serious answer to anything.

The above places constitute "everywhere".

Oh, and if they missed "everywhere", they can type it in the forum search bar and get hundreds (of potentially useless and unrelated) results(which is typical of many forum searches) that they can then sift through, hoping for a relevant answer.

You are vastly over-estimating the value of those sources.

Okay, so, to recap:

It was said on a couple of shows that about 10,000 (out of 14,000,000 people) watch.

It was said on websites I don't visit.

It was said in a chat channel which is both highly unreliable and mostly avoided by players, particularly ones that want a serious answer to anything.

The above places constitute "everywhere".

Oh, and if they missed "everywhere", they can type it in the forum search bar and get hundreds (of potentially useless and unrelated) results(which is typical of many forum searches) that they can then sift through, hoping for a relevant answer.

You are vastly over-estimating the value of those sources.

And people quoting the megathread you just called stupid is better than going to the megathread? So instead of going, "wow, you're right. De needs to better communicate such large things", you're arguing my point?

Then you didn't put much effort in, or you don't care. Or you went to PHP for an easy answer and another log to the Fire.

How was I to put any effort in if I had no idea the PSA even existed? You can't expect people to try and find things they don't know exist.