Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Specific Mods, Here We Go!

Venarge

In the livestream, they mentioned glaive specific mods and how the user could modify his/her glaive to fit his/her style of gameplay. I already came up with some different ideas and now want to make a thread about possible mods and their different effects.

Hydra: makes you able to lock some enemies and the glaive will hit those locked enemies

Disarm: Not able to bounce much but can disarm the enemy it hits and forces him into melee.

Trapper: The place the glaive hits becomes a " trap". If an enemy steps on it/ is nearby it, it explodes and deals normal

damage. And the enemies it hits, turn into "walking bombs" that deal damage to other nearby enemies.

Trickshot: This provides a laser to show you which direction the glaive would use.

This glaive would not bounce away from enemies and simply fly the path the laser showed you in the beginning.

If you have another cool idea for possible glaive mods, let me know so we can add it to the list and make it easier for scott and the others to find some cool ideas =)

Edited by Venarge

In the livestream, they mentioned glaive specific mods and how the user could modify his/her glaive to fit his/her style of gameplay. I already came up with some different ideas and now want to make a thread about possible mods and their different effects.

Hydra: makes you able to lock some enemies and the glaive will hit those locked enemies

Disarm: Not able to bounce much but can disarm the enemy it hits and forces him into melee.

Trapper: The place the glaive hits becomes a " trap". If an enemy steps on it/ is nearby it, it explodes and deals normal

damage. And the enemies it hits, turn into "walking bombs" that deal damage to other nearby enemies.

Trickshot: This provides a laser to show you which direction the glaive would use.

This glaive would not bounce away from enemies and simply fly the path the laser showed you in the beginning.

If you have another cool idea for possible glaive mods, let me know so we can add it to the list and make it easier for scott and the others to find some cool ideas =)

Trickshot would be slicker than slick. That would be amazing for wall deflection shots.

I really dislike your options you put, but I also don't have any better ideas.

I think your trickshot really honestly is nothing more then making it not bounce and creating more of a pierce shot if it continues in the direction of which you shot it. 

I do like your idea of a Trap style mod, but only the part of it being a trap and doing high single target damage that could be beneficial on bosses. Only thing is they would need to implement some sort of cool down before you get the glaive back in order to keep balance. 

Glaive has a hit counter and exceeding it would make it op and imbalanced. Would only work if it reduces damage per target locked.

Most Enemys die when hit by the Glaive anyways and to disarm Elites with just your "melee" weapon is unbalanced...even if its just a chance.

Sounds interesting but i doubt it would be that usefull because as i said.. most enemys die anyways and bombs on the ground are easy in places the enemy wont go.

Hard to use because Warframe is mostly a fast paced game and it would take time to exactly align shots... would be interesting for stealth gameplay though.

My thoughts...

Mod 1: Increase Glaives Hit Radius: 1/2/4/5/6 feet.
Mod 2: Reduce Glaive Recovery Time: .2/.4/.8/1/1.1. seconds.
Mod 3: MultiShot; Description: After impacting primary target it shatters dmging targets within 'set' radius. 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100% Dmg (like a serration mod).

Just some I randomly thought up at 4:30am. gdamn this game >_<

instead of it just exploding I think it would fit better if it stuck to the target and then had the three blades shoot off (and through the initail target) at three nearby enemies.

BY THE WAY, About actually bothering to ask that question (and keep repeating it so Rebecca would see it), and get the answer to you guys?!

tumblr_mmflm8bTbb1qcds4qo6_250.gif

Att,

The Gore Guy.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

instead of it just exploding I think it would fit better if it stuck to the target and then had the three blades shoot off (and through the initail target) at three nearby enemies.

Thats actually a pretty sweet idea!

Glaive penetrates all tarets and returns faster but has a lower radius

Release 3 Glaives at once, maybe in a small cone, lower range, maybe lower damage per glaive (-25/50%), but more bounces before returning.

Glaive sticks to the first enemy, explodes in a big radius then returns.

You thow a glaive in the sky, then point to a space on the ground where it will go and it will cause knockback to everything in a radius

Spinner Glaive, when you throw the glaive it rolls on the ground kinda like a roller, but it will be bigger, destroys anything in it's path, will only be stopped by a wall and you have to pick it up to get it back.

Laser Glaive, the Glaive has a higher radius made from lasers, which cut through everyhting but only with the lasers, if you hit anything with the body it will return. Has a slower speed.

Maybe more ideas, this is it for now.

Going off the Thunderbolt mod, allowing each tip/point of the glaive to have an explosive dart that sticks into enemy, or even the environment and then explodes after 1-2s.  This may remove a bit of the grenade issues/complaints since they can then add such things for the throwing knives etc.

I'd love to see a mod that increases the number of times it bounces off of things, +1 for each rank, max total of +5. Obvious tradeoff being it'll take longer to return to your hand if it doesn't reach the distance limit. It's fun seeing it bounce off things.

And a mod that introduces the chance for the glaive to directly home in to the nearest target after it ricochets off surfaces/targets, upgrading it increases the percentage a small amount so as to not be too OP and kill a whole room after one throw.

Paired with a penetration mod, it'll be deadly in close quarters with all the pinballing/homing it does. Also would work well with faster flight and/or retrieval speed mods.

EDIT: And finally I can see my Volt avatar!

Edited by Shion963

Ok so here are my (Old and tired) suggestions:

PUNCTURE: It's already on the code. But the Glaive version would have the same energy cost but more penetration. Simple enough. It makes it go straight through an enemy wether it kills him or not.

HOMING: Makes the glaive fly to another nearby target after it hits the first one. Maximum hits are 3. Initial rank, it does 100% charge damage to the first, 66% damage to the second and 33% damage to the third. Ranking it up will increase the damage dealt to secondary and tertiary targets up to 100%. High energy cost (and no sense using it with Puncture mod)

HEAVY CHARGE: You hold the Melee button for charge, and you have two options: Just let it go normally, or keep holding charge so that it'll take a portion of your energy (say, 30 energy) and double the speed and the amount of charge damage dealt.

Trickshot would be slicker than slick. That would be amazing for wall deflection shots.

Yeah!  Trickshot sounds super interesting :OOO  It'll be like Puzzle Bobble's first level, when they show a dotted line to guide your shots :P

+1

If I had to choose, I'd say Trickshot and Hydra. Preference is on Trickshot though, as it allows for epic shots but still requires some work to get right. You'd still need to practice a lot to get it right, but when you did . . . oh, my.