Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Atmospheric Vent Travel

Brave_Taco

Read title.

No fluff, shoot the windows, and instead of hacking to put barriers up, an alternative, albeit riskier option would be to actually travel outside the level. When another window is found, break that window, come in, and hack security console to bring shields up, voila, new room.

I know this is a huge concept, it would bring new factors in: how much would hp/shields be depleted per second, could enemies follow, would there be defenses outside the ship i.e. automated turrets, repair drones, and etc.

Just a suggestion on how to put a new spin on travelling instead of just "clear room, proceed to next" (I love Warframe gameplay, this isn't a rant).

Discuss.

Edited by Sonofabitz

The problem is that very few tiles actually have reinforced windows. Either you find other ways to sneak in a tile (and this would/could apply for every tile) or nothing.

Also, if not well-planned, this could be used as a system to easily elude all enemies and get to your checkpoint only to do the same all the way back.

Why not have defenses on the outside too, then? Grineers in space suits making ship repairs, Corpus crewmen and Moas tethered to a docking station, Drones buzzing around the ship on sentinel duty, and Infested... well, you know Infested.

I never wanted all the rooms to be able to have windows, just some rooms in the spaceship. Would be a fun way to travel to the same objective, just via a different route.

As to the stealth part, a vacuum in space is kind of a big problem for a ship, so once the window breaks, that of course results in an instant alarm.