Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Related Dreams?

Drunkenbagel

So recently I had quite a strange dream that involved warframe. I don't remember much but what I do remember is quite crazy on its own. Here we go.

I remember starting as a normal Excalibur in a dilapidated/post apocalyptic version of my father's old study. This isn't surprising because he died recently and I've been having dreams about himand things relating to him as a result. Anyways, for some reason I was there and was ransacking the place. Looking for materials and anything I could turn a profit. After leaving I then realized it was my father's study. My reaction was: meh. Then somehow I ended up on a snowy mountain which had the same effect as the Europa tileset but much more severe and it drained health. Quite rapidly. Me and a bunch of other Tenno were fighting our way through the storm, reviving each other, dropping health pads. I ended up being one of the first ones up top. It was me and some others(could have been 4, could have been 8. Maybe this was a preview of the upcoming raids?) At the top there was a boss. I don't quite remember what it was like. There are a few keywords that come to mind when thinking about it: Feminine, Bio-mechanical, Lotus(WHAT). I remember those keywords and also the fact that it was REALLY FRIGGIN HARD TO BEAT. I was the first to die. Nobody revived me. I ended up at the bottom of the mountain and had to fight my way back up again. Made it back up and typed in chat: "back". Turns out they already beat the boss and it dropped some strange, infested looking goo. Actually it looked more like a creep cluster from skyrim. Not sure what it did. For some reason I stayed expecting it to respawn. Now it's getting hard to remember anymore. I THINK it respawned. But I'm not sure. And for some reason all of this happened with the old UI. Strange.

Anyways, are there any dream-analysis experts out there who can tell me what this means? if it even means anything? Could this be a premonition of what's to come in future raids? I dunno. Just wanted to share. Maybe you guys have had some strange, Warframe related dreams? 

Well, there is a theory out there, that your brain takes the time when you sleep to put your new memories of the day in order. Basically it takes new memories and puts them right next to memories you already have and are similar to the new ones. If these memories are then streamed, if you can call it that, it plays the memories back and mixes them up a little, mixing in morals and stuff. I don't really know the source of these but Vsauce covered it in a video once and he had sources listed.

Well, there is a theory out there, that your brain takes the time when you sleep to put your new memories of the day in order. Basically it takes new memories and puts them right next to memories you already have and are similar to the new ones. If these memories are then streamed, if you can call it that, it plays the memories back and mixes them up a little, mixing in morals and stuff. I don't really know the source of these but Vsauce covered it in a video once and he had sources listed.

Could you give me a link to the video?

I am not alone! Someone who experiences games inside dreams. On a another matter, this makes me wonder what if we had something like a NerveGear, it would be sugoi, right? Where are you Kayaba Akihiko, we need you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I shall comment on this thread, simply to add something.

After speed-reading most it. Result, my eyes hurt kinda now... Anyway.

It is not un-natural per se to dream about an experience you had, it is very common, it can have just been something which just happened and you dream about it, who knows, it might be random or our brains are thinking, yeah let's have this theme on!

I have dreamt myself inside so many different universes, from RL issues to anime, to multiple games, I have played this game for quite a while, but I doubt that impacted it.

Well this is my opinion, which I was to stupid to comment on when I first posted it. Well here you have it!

On a side note, I am amazed you can remember something to such an extent my dreams are clear, but I do tend to forget about them within an hour of waking up! Quite amazing...