Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selectable Rewards

CheckYourSix

What I don't understand is why DE doesn't institute a selectable reward system for missions for rewards instead of random? I don't mind some RNG ness, but the current system is aggravating. Not to mention requires potential retirement of rewards with inclusion of new ones like what we have now with the retirement of Frost Prime as an example.

Why not setup a set of common, uncommon, rare, and epic reward "lists" to pick from that are pickable based off RNGness and mission progress?

For example take the current potential prime rewards from tower 4 survival rotation C. Using this as an example since I already have them in my clipboard.

LOKI PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT

BRATON PRIME BLUEPRINT

EMBER PRIME CHASSIS BLUEPRINT

FORMA BLUEPRINT

FROST PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT

VASTO PRIME BLUEPRINT

MAG PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT

Designate some or all those as a category of rewards. Say rare for example. Have some mod rewards or key rewards as common or uncommon or whatever. When 20 minutes have passed and the rewards to be given out, the category the player gets to pick from is RNGd out. Maybe at 20 minutes they get to pick from the uncommon loot table. Maybe the rare table and get a prime part that they want.

Allow player performance in the mission to slightly affect the RNG of which loot table gets picked from. Using the example above, the longer players go without being "downed" ups their chance to pick from the better loot table to a certain capped point. Things like that to give certain incentives to players to do better in the missions, or maybe worse to pick from different tables, would add to the game immensely in an overall positive experience for all players.

The great thing about this design is it allows for complete control still of the influx of gear into player hands by DE. If DE still wants certain items to be very rare or hard to obtain, just put them in a higher loot category of selectable loot and make that category a lower percentage to reach.