The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Locked Under 15 For No Apparent Reason

Ivelor

Hello!

Until yesterday i was able to play between 50 and 60 fps, without any problems on my laptop, most of the options turned ON, at medium setting and at 1920x1080.

Since this morning my fps don't go over 15, while in my liset. The massive drop starts at the login screen, before entering the password. Starting any mission lowers it to 7 and less.

My V-sync was set to "Auto". Tried both ON and OFF, nothing changed.

I tried to rollback my GPU drivers untill a February update (when the game was running smoothly), nothing, still the 14-15 fps lock.

I tried to uncheck the 64bit version in the Warframe Launcher, nothing.

Tried to "verify cache" and "optimize cache" in launcher, nothing.

I tried to play with the setting in game:

-changing everything from medium to low raise the fps to 20 (in the liset)
-unchecking all the options and letting 1920x1080 at medium raise the fps to 30, until i do anything else than staying still in the liset. After that it goes down again.
-lowering resolution to 800x600 (and only 800x600) raise the fps to 40ish in the liset and a 25-30 in missions SOLO.

I have no idea what is causing this, connection is fine, laptop is fine (except for WF), scanned my systems  for malwares and such, nothing.

I'm on a laptop, 4GB ram, windows 7, GTX 460M.

My specs are pretty old but what's causing me trouble is that until this very morning there were no problems whatsoever.

Edited by Ivelor

check for viruses    maybe a coinminer is cousing it   or  your laptop is overheating (the processor is a sensitive thing)

that is from me

I'll try to rescan but so far Avast, Malwarebytes, Spybot, adwcleaner and Anti threat toolkit found nothing. Plus wouldn't a coinminer cause me slowdowns on everything else beside warframe?

quick question....are you using utorrent?

Using during my playtime, no. If you mean installed yes, i have it since years actually. Never had a problem. (..so far?)

Edited by Ivelor

Using during my playtime, no. If you mean installed yes, i have it since years actually. Never had a problem. (..so far?)

the latest version of utorrent has started using peoples GPU's to datamine bitcoin....without letting people know they are doing it. check your GPU load sometime

the latest version of utorrent has started using peoples GPU's to datamine bitcoin....without letting people know they are doing it. check your GPU load sometime

it's not a GPU drainer, but a CPU one. you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. That's just the "news" of the moment. Utorrent never installed anything on my rig. And checking now just to be sure, there's nothing. But thanks for the suggestion. I tried just in case to make a clean uninstall of utorrent.

Besides it wouldn't even make sense, since my problem is limited to Warframe, from login screen onward. I can reproduce it by opening the game at will.

If there was a coin miner on my pc the problems would extended far more than just a 100% 15 fps in this game.

Back to my problem, i just started having sound drops and spikes. Hooray!

EDIT: by max/mini-mizing the game's window sometimes i get to kick it back to 60 fps. I was able to enter a relay and go around freely, then, as soon as i got back into my liset, 12-14 fps again.

Edited by Ivelor

I'm also having FPS issues. After starting/restarting my computer and launching Warframe I get good steady 60ish FPS but after about 10 - 20 minutes FPS drops to 7 - 15 range. Its become unplayable, especially with the new Manic Grineer.