Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recruiting Friends Has Never Been So Difficult

BlindeyeInsight

So disclaimer: I'm a returning player who hasn't touched the game for about half a year. I knew there was a new tutorial, quests were part of the game, etc. It sounded like I could finally convince my friends to play with me.

I did some scouting first, played the new tutorial, did Vor's Prize and did some other quests. Everything seemed cool. So then I started trying to get my friends in.

So here's the kicker. My friends want to play with me, I want to play with them... So why is Vor's Prize solo-only?

Yeah, I'm sure some veterans might roll their eyes, perhaps even newbies will. But asking my friends, who are not sure about Warframe, to play a few hours of the game alone before we can play together is asking a lot. Given the option, two of my friends so far have put off Vor's Prize so we can do normal Earth missions. After a little while we now have all of Earth unlocked and I have to say "Ok well... If you want to do new levels you gotta finish Vor's Prize"

There's nothing all that wrong with Vor's Prize itself, but if you could have a team it would solve this entire problem I'm having. It's a really big hurdle when trying to recruit friends. I hate having to apologize for the game and promise them that the game gets better the more you play. The game needs to be awesome right off the bat to convince them!

So here's hoping my friends and I will get past this hurdle, but this quest should be changed so it can be done as a team.

I agree and would like to add to what you said:

I also believe that there should be some sort of incentive to replay those missions so that newer players don't give up hope of finding help along the way.

EXAMPLE:

New player looking for help in completing Mirage Quest so he/she can have access to Mirage Warframe, but as the quest is older and out of the minds of older players, the chance this player will find assistance is rather slim unless he/she can find assistance from others in his/her clan.

Yea only 1 or 2 parts are solo only. I did most of it with the missus when I got her to try the game. I can't remember which parts were solo only, but I think the first part was. I remember finding the foundry segment with her.

Edited by Kid-Prodigy

Wait, what? Which parts are solo-only and which ones aren't?!

Honestly I don't know for sure - that very first Capture quest on Earth I did alone.

Everything else I had my buddy with me - the random Corpus mission for resources - reaching & killing Vor on Mercury - did it all together.

I've joined in with other rookies on the Mercury stages of the quest a few times as well - just if you've done it already they need to host the mission obviously.