Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fog Of War And A "m" Option To See Larger Map!

Vanadio

I'd like to have a graphical representation of the areas of the map I've already visited (and hopefully "harvested"), like grayed out areas where I haven't been (you still see the planimetry, but it's "darker" or more "transparent"). This and the option to have a key to see a larger portion of the map (make it fullscreen not to exploit). I'm not saying entire map but cmon we need an "M" option :)

It should help and satisfy us psychotic 100% full map explorers.

thx and good work.

Edited by Vanadio

I always assumed the minimap was just some close range sensor emitting from our suit. Which is why there is no larger map. If there was this would assume that we (Lotus?) can scan the entire ship/facility which doesn't seem as likely?

I think there acctually is function in the minimap for showing where you have been or not, areas are darker if you haven't been there. bigger map would be great though. Only thing is - i think the map is being generated as you go by, might be wrong about this, and that might make it hard.

I thought the tone/transparency denoted elevation. I could be wrong i'll have to look tonight.

I'm also pretty sure the map is generated at the start of the mission by the host. There's nothing to indicate it is done on the fly. Even places where it would likely occur like double action doors, spawn enemies and map tiles beyond before you even open them.

I always assumed the minimap was just some close range sensor emitting from our suit. Which is why there is no larger map. If there was this would assume that we (Lotus?) can scan the entire ship/facility which doesn't seem as likely?

maybe we could have special items in the slots for ammo and such that would let us hack consoles - get the scematics - and then have access to the full map?

preferably the item would be expensive but not a 1-time use. you could perhaps buy batteries to it, or if you used it warframe energy would be used to power the device.

maybe we could have special items in the slots for ammo and such that would let us hack consoles - get the scematics - and then have access to the full map?

preferably the item would be expensive but not a 1-time use. you could perhaps buy batteries to it, or if you used it warframe energy would be used to power the device.

I think this is an awesome idea, anything that gives more depth/paths to take and critical thinking is a great addition in my eyes.

I thought the tone/transparency denoted elevation. I could be wrong i'll have to look tonight.

I'm also pretty sure the map is generated at the start of the mission by the host. There's nothing to indicate it is done on the fly. Even places where it would likely occur like double action doors, spawn enemies and map tiles beyond before you even open them.

i just thought it was like that because of the times that Lotus changes your mission to go get this or do that. but it makes more sense if the map just created and then depending on what it consists of random triggers activate what parts of the map that will be key.

I think this is an awesome idea, anything that gives more depth/paths to take and critical thinking is a great addition in my eyes.

very off topic but:

I just feel as with the huge amount of players that have the same warframes/gear and the current "grindfest", anything that makes gameplay more varried and seperates one player from another makes the game that much more enjoyable.

This could be one of those "other than weapon" gear-things a player could utilize.

I think (hope) that with the comming updates it will get ALOT harder to hack some consoles and chipers may acctually become usefull.

But Lotus does scan the entire ship. How else would she know there's hostages on board/where the reactor is/where the artifact is/where enemies are at, etc?