The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Yet Another Warframe Concept Ii] Caprica

Amistyrja

An idea for a melee type fanframe

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/41018-yet-another-warframe-concept-martyr/

And a Sentinel-based fanframe

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39850-another-warframe-concept-rekenber/

So my Math paper was incredibly boring and also incredibly long. Fell asleep and woke up with another fresh fanframe dancing around in my head. I should stop doing this.

Shields: 100(base)

Health: 100(base)

Power: 100(base)

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Armour: 50(standard)

Shield Recharge: 20(standard)

(Identical base stats with Excalibur)

Caprica is a Warframe created from the conversion of a mining and excavation exoskeleton for combat and reconnaissance activity. A power fist on the right arm of the suit that was used for transporting cargo and machinery through advanced electrokinetic technology has been repurposed for battle. Her ram-like helmet features sturdily-constructed 'horns' that were forged to resist impact and transmit signals and energy currents to the ancient digging machines that she once commanded.

Caprica excels at close combat against single opponents. The horn-like protrusions on her head are used for charging enemies and act as a conduit that amplifies the powers of her fellow Tenno.

Ability 1

Skull Bash | 25 Energy | Cost to equip: 2/3/4/5(halved by polarity)

Grapples an enemy and headbutts him for massive damage. Upgrading this ability increases damage and defense bonus gained during the attack.

Target must be within melee range. Caprica locks a single target in place with the electrokinetic pad on her right arm, lifting him up into the air in a stranglehold before smashing her head into him, goring him with her horns and knocking him to the ground. This attack ignores resistances. The entire attack takes about 3 seconds to execute and Caprica is fully vulnerable throughout the animation except being immune to stun. To compensate this, part of the energy used to power her electrokinetic fist is redirected to her shields, decreasing damage taken by 20% for 4 seconds.

Rank 0: 350 damage, 20% damage reduction | Rank 1: 425 damage, 25% damage reduction | Rank 2: 525 damage, 30% damage reduction | Rank 3: 725 damage, 30% damage reduction

Balance notes: May seem like a powerful move, but lack of invulnerability frames, short range and inability to hit multiple targets make this a move reserved for heavies and bosses.

Ability 2

Caprice | 50 Energy | Cost to equip: 4/5/6/7(halved by polarity)

Caprica overloads her power fist and points it towards the enemy. The resulting attack is unpredictable. Upgrading this ability increases its effects.

The power fist is overcharged briefly, and Caprica randomly executes one of 3 attacks.

Critical Impaction: Occurs if the power fist produces a kinetic repulsor effect. Caprica dashes to the nearest target within melee range and slams her fist into him. She then releases the charge, creating an eviscerating repulsor field. The target is sent flying.

Radial Overcharge: Current regulators redirect excess energy from the power fist to the horns on her head. It is then released as a shield-charging current, which increases the shield recharge rate of all allied WARFRAMEs by 40%.

Prospector: Safety protocol programming in her suit forces Caprica to smash her fist into the ground to allow the surge of electricity to escape. This causes a small-scale quake that deals light damage and knocks all affected enemies to the ground.

Rank 0: Impact = 400dmg, Overcharge = 8secs, Prospector = 3m radius | Rank 1: Impact = 525dmg, Overcharge = 10secs, Prospector = 4m radius | Rank 2 = Impact = 650 dmg, Overcharge = 12secs, Prospector = 5m radius | Rank 3: Impact = 800 dmg, Overcharge = 16secs, Prospector = 7m radius

Balance notes: Its largely varying range and damage makes this skill very unreliable.

Ability 3

Seismic Atlas | 50 Energy | Cost to equip: 5/6/7/8(halved by polarity)

An energized grapple with the power fist that can be linked into a powerful attack. Upgrading this ability increases its damage.

Enemy must be within melee range to use. Caprica grabs an enemy with her power fist and lifts him up into the air, much like with Skull Bash. Crouching when the enemy is grabbed will have Caprica swinging him over her shoulder and smashing the enemy into the ground, leaving him highly vulnerable and open to a grounded execution melee. If she uses a melee attack when the enemy is grabbed, Caprica will swing him around in the air and throw him into the direction she is facing. Any enemies hit by the flying body will stagger and receive damage. If a Grineer Roller or Osprey is thrown, it will explode on impact dealing 700 damage.

Rank 0: Ground smash = 250dmg, Seismic toss = 150dmg | Rank 1: Ground smash: 300dmg, Seismic toss = 210dmg | Rank 2: Ground smash = 350dmg, Seismic toss = 260dmg | Rank 3: Ground smash: 430dmg, Seismic toss: 420 dmg

Balance notes: A more versatile move. The toss attack can only hit enemies it its path, making it a difficult maneuver to use. Probably better used to find out how the Grineer like their Rollers.

Ability 4

Ancient Foreman | 100 Energy | Cost to equip: 10/11/12/13(halved by polarity)

Caprica links to a single ally, increasing their combat effectiveness. Upgrading this ability increases its duration.

Caprica's sprint speed and movement speed is lowered by 20%.

This ability cannot be used on another Caprica.

Using her horns, Caprica establishes a suit-to-suit power connection with one ally, represented by a glowing blue line. While this link is active, the linked Tenno will receive a 15% boost to power effects(like with the Focus module), and 50% of all shield damage received is transferred to Caprica's shields(if Caprica runs out of shields, linked Tenno will receive full shield damage).

An equipped [Furax] weapon by Caprica will have its charge damage increased by 75 points.

An equipped [Ankyros] weapon by Caprica will have its critical damage increased by a fixed 15 points.

If [Dual Skana] is equipped, its damage is increased by 10 points and its charged damage is increased by 25 points.

All these effects last only while Ancient Foreman is active.

Ancient Foreman's linked effects will break when the distance between Caprica and her ally grows too great! She will then only keep her melee buffs for the rest of the skill's duration but also lose her movement speed penalty.

Rank 0: 10 secs. 15m range | Rank 1: 15 secs, 25m range | Rank 3: 20 secs, 35m range | Rank 4: 25 secs, 50m range

Balance notes: The 15% Focus effect is a pretty significant boost, hence the short skill duration. The buff to selected melee weapons is mostly because I pictured Caprica wielding these weapons in combat. They are quite underused anyway aren't they?

Caprica can be equipped with a Capricornus Helmet, which increases movement speed at the expense of reduced stamina.

Sprint speed + 5% Maximum stamina - 10%

These abilities are still only just a thought. I will gladly appreciate any alternative ability ideas for a lady frame with a pair of ram's horns and a pneumatic power gauntlet on her hand.

Edited by Amistyrja

I think you did a good job of creating uncertainty or variations in each ability. the only thing I have to say is, that maybe a slight increase to movement speed somewhere because being a melee-centric warframe you are completely vulnerable while you try to close the distance to the enemy.

I think you did a good job of creating uncertainty or variations in each ability. the only thing I have to say is, that maybe a slight increase to movement speed somewhere because being a melee-centric warframe you are completely vulnerable while you try to close the distance to the enemy.

Well though she's a close-combat type of frame, I never thought of giving her increased movement speed actually. I'll do an alternate helm that increases movement speed though so thanks for the idea(and for reading)!