Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Present No Challenge And Are Flawed.

Caernarvon

As said in the title.

Even bosses that got through a revamp are still terrible.

Lech Kril got his own model, awesome.

Except ultimately, all he does is be stun locked, slowed to a crawl by freeze modded weapons, swing his extremely sluggish hammer at empty space as you can just walk out of the attack and fire beans at range with his shotgun-accuracy Gorgon.

The Jackal spends most of its time being slumped and getting back up in an endless cycle.

The copy paste bosses are the same.

They need a full rework. Give them stun resistance, prevent excessive slowing, add hardcaps to amount of damage x time on Jackal legs (preventing him from being too hard to beat by new players but not a walk in the park by higher level ones), and redo their abilities and weapons and make them use 'em more often. Random bullS#&$ 1hitko ones aren't good (Jackal's grenades can kill even the most careful player in a single second, same with Phorid's Nyx bolts), but useless abilities aren't either.

They need a full rework. Give them stun resistance, prevent excessive slowing, add hardcaps to amount of damage x time on Jackal legs (preventing him from being too hard to beat by new players but not a walk in the park by higher level ones), and redo their abilities and weapons and make them use 'em more often. Random bullS#&$ 1hitko ones aren't good (Jackal's grenades can kill even the most careful player in a single second, same with Phorid's Nyx bolts), but useless abilities aren't either.

don't forget Jackals' missile barrage, that either hit the ceiling and never go anywhere, or my clanmate and i get a group or 8 or 10 of them circling above our heads like pets xD

mostly bosses need to be interestingly different, but not ungodly. i always like to see bosses move away from just being ridiculous health pools, and rather have more sequences and dynamic events that make up the way to defeat them, rather than just shooting a whole bunch of bullets for a while.

Edited by taiiat

A big problem I see is that they have a system in place where you lose everything you obtained in a level if you lose the level. So if they made the game as challenging as many people want it, many more people, including many of the ones that want a challenge, would get upset and leave as they keep losing everything they worked for and waisting their time. Maybe thats just my opinion...

Edited by liavalenth

Current bosses are mostly just placeholders.

Lech Krill and The Jackal aren't mate. Kril used to be a placeholder Grineer heavy but he got his own model, hammer and such. And yet he's still a rock on the side of the road. He doesn't even really matter, he dies in a minute or so, you get your materials/BPs and leg it to the exit.

imo bosses should be humongous and with the power to match. big enough for tenno to grab onto and climb on top of to attack it. they should have unique and deadly specialities and are hard to beat so that when you finally kill one its "OMG i finally killed that bastard! dag that was a challenge" instead of "well, i've killed you for the 20th time now and no blueprint.. guesss i gotta beat you again and again and again.." (and on that note bosses should have for sure drops but they are hard to kill)

my suggestions would be that you can still have those regular bosses but every system should have one mission where perhaps 10 people can join in and there would be a huge boss chamber with different environment and situation that is unique to the boss and should be incorporated in the tactics to take down said boss.

grineer would have some big mechs that have several attacks and AOE stuff as well as some special gimmicky moves

corpus- the current hyena and jackals are good designs but they should be much bigger and imposing (and more death rays)

infested would be huge gnarly abominiations and possibly spawn smaller mobs that will provide energy upon dying.

and for regular bosses, me and my friend were talking about how they should have their own theme much like the warframes. a boss that can multiple images of himself and scatter to confuse his enemies. or one that is similar to Nyx and can take control of a frame for a while and use it to fire upon its' allies. or a boss that situates itself in a room that serves as its weapon so that you're surviving the room and trying to take down the boss