Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dislike Button

EzyBash

Being able to express their opinion on a post with the negative vote was a good system imo.

What do you think?

Making visible both positive and negative votes. (as in other famous websites)

Edited by EzyBash

Well Haters are gonna hate. The dislike button had a serious drawback of shutting down potentially nice ideas because s group of forum-active people dislike it. For example I suggested Twin Glaive in a thread and got a bunch of downvotes, but then guess what? they talked about the Twin Glaive in the last livestream.

no thanks. people often just downvote others when its something they dislike, including opinion, without having any valid counter point.

if its going to be a popularity contest then support those you like. and let others have their say without feeling like they are somehow hated for speaking their mind.

no thanks. people often just downvote others when its something they dislike, including opinion, without having any valid counter point.

if its going to be a popularity contest then support those you like. and let others have their say without feeling like they are somehow hated for speaking their mind.

Exactly. That was another drawback of the downvote system. I'm pleased that they removed it from the forum.

Making visible both positive and negative votes. (as in other famous websites)

Edited by EzyBash

What MetalGerbil said.

I quite like it that we don't have downvotes anymore. It's quite senseless to turn every single thing on the forum into a popularity poll, if you don't care enough to comment/criticise/argue with the said person, you should just ignore the whole subject.

On the other hand, it makes sense to have upvotes to keep the forums clean in the least. A suggestion or an idea followed by 150 comments saying " ^this! ", "+1", "me gusta!" instead of constructive criticism whether it's negative or positive, it'd be a bit detrimental. Although many people still do it, but it's probably not as bad.

What MetalGerbil said.

I quite like it that we don't have downvotes anymore. It's quite senseless to turn every single thing on the forum into a popularity poll, if you don't care enough to comment/criticise/argue with the said person, you should just ignore the whole subject.

On the other hand, it makes sense to have upvotes to keep the forums clean in the least. A suggestion or an idea followed by 150 comments saying " ^this! ", "+1", "me gusta!" instead of constructive criticism whether it's negative or positive, it'd be a bit detrimental. Although many people still do it, but it's probably not as bad.

or 150 "-1", "bad idea", "disagree".

"changing the order of addends does not change the sum"

That's it, the downvote system does nothing because people doesn't need to explain why they dislike the post.

If you dislike something it's logical to have a reason, and explaining that in a post is way better than just clicking a downvote. Sometimes you like something and don't have anything to add, so i guess upvote is somewhat useful.-

or 150 "-1", "bad idea", "disagree".

"changing the order of addends does not change the sum"

It's not the same really, randomly disagreeing with someone can be trollish. I don't see how randomly +1'ing people can be a bad thing.

Much like Loki's Switch Teleport, if the majority is using it to abuse the system and troll others, it doesn't serve much purpose.

Edited by CapricaSix

Generally on the internet people are more likely to downvote someone to be a troll rather than the upvote.

Even if the thread is created by a troll to incite a 'flame war' there will most likely be less trolls jumping on the bandwagon to upvote the thread.

They will just resort to post to attempt to put more kindling into the fire.

Downvotes have been removed due to their negative influence on the overall community atmosphere. Previous discussions on this decision have proven to become circular and no new additions have been made. DE is aware of the statements and has noted them.

I'll close this one here, too. Sorry guys - try to express your disagreement, rather. <3