The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Scott, I Get The Feeling The Reason Of The Stealth Nerfs Is Because Of Experimentation, Since...

Scherhardt

The stealth nerfs to me scream of share holders demanding increases in profits.

They can go to hell honestly. iv played like 15mins since u16 just cuz i needed trader items. the amount of things nerfed has &!$$ed me off too much

And even more so the fact that it was left out of patch notes conveniently.

Edited by UndeadGhostWarrior

Some things might be bugs. Some things were rebalancing purposes and some were just necessary. Excalibur's radial javelin being LoS makes sense to me not even counting it's xp farm potential. He is summoning swords near his enemies to impale them not making some outward explosion of blades that pierces walls. It really makes sense when you think about it and it makes playing him more fun and skill based instead of mindless 4 spam. 

I think people have just been spoiled with a certain mechanic or function so badly that they don't want to do anything that requires even a slight bit of effort. Excalibur can use a few more tweaks to up his usefulness but let's face it, we know being able to nuke everything within 58 meters through obstacles is extremely broken.

Some things might be bugs. Some things were rebalancing purposes and some were just necessary. Excalibur's radial javelin being LoS makes sense to me not even counting it's xp farm potential. He is summoning swords near his enemies to impale them not making some outward explosion of blades that pierces walls. It really makes sense when you think about it and it makes playing him more fun and skill based instead of mindless 4 spam. 

I think people have just been spoiled with a certain mechanic or function so badly that they don't want to do anything that requires even a slight bit of effort. Excalibur can use a few more tweaks to up his usefulness but let's face it, we know being able to nuke everything within 58 meters through obstacles is extremely broken.

The mechanics of this game itself is flawed, that's the main reason a thing can be broken in so many ways like RJ.

Also i'm not complaining about the nerf. I want things like LoS to be a thing but deeper in a sense that in can be used properly.

You say that yet you have a mirage profile picture..

You nuke everything in a huge radius too ,WHILE you are blinding the rest of them

Edited by Absens

I think people have just been spoiled with a certain mechanic or function so badly that they don't want to do anything that requires even a slight bit of effort.

Pretty much this. DE is fixing that and Im very happy about it.

DE is trying to balance this game like it's something totally different than what it actually is. It's like they're deliberately trying to slow the pace and balance the player as if there were 1/10th of the enemies that we face, yet they keep the number of enemies and leave their exponential scaling while we piddle around in the garbage.

Real Excal users never were on board with the nonLOS crap RJ since the ability was ALWAYS LOS to begin with. Newer players got trained on a broken version of the skill, it got defaulted back to normal, regular performance and now no one can adjust/learn how to use the skill correctly as intended. So I guess that that means that it was nerfed, even though it was never like that nor was it supposed to be/stay broken like that forever.

Lol I remember how the original Iron Skin caused so much bellyache... when honestly it was the most balanced implementation of them all. Especially for PvP. The player had to choose when to cast, no running around skinned for hours on end. I guess ppl just addicted to that no thinking/decision making easy mode

DE is trying to balance this game like it's something totally different than what it actually is. It's like they're deliberately trying to slow the pace and balance the player as if there were 1/10th of the enemies that we face, yet they keep the number of enemies and leave their exponential scaling while we piddle around in the garbage.

I sort of have a feeling you havent played anything else than draco in a very long time. Im running 35-40 level missions and have no problem with a pure melee build.

The mechanics of this game itself is flawed, that's the main reason a thing can be broken in so many ways like RJ.

Also i'm not complaining about the nerf. I want things like LoS to be a thing but deeper in a sense that in can be used properly.

Oh i know you're not complaining. I was just posting that in agreement to your original post and for those that will bring it up.

You say that yet you have a mirage profile picture..

You nuke everything in a huge radius too ,WHILE you are blinding the rest of them

My profile picture does not indicate my frame usage. I hardly ever touch Mirage but i think her Harlequin helmet is cute. Besides, Prism doesn't shoot through obstacles.

Real Excal users never were on board with the nonLOS crap RJ since the ability was ALWAYS LOS to begin with. Newer players got trained on a broken version of the skill, it got defaulted back to normal, regular performance and now no one can adjust/learn how to use the skill correctly as intended. So I guess that that means that it was nerfed, even though it was never like that nor was it supposed to be/stay broken like that forever.

Lol I remember how the original Iron Skin caused so much bellyache... when honestly it was the most balanced implementation of them all. Especially for PvP. The player had to choose when to cast, no running around skinned for hours on end. I guess ppl just addicted to that no thinking/decision making easy mode

Ikr? Before the nonLOS i'd see Excaliburs that actually wowed me with their performance but lately he was just turned into a tool for farming. Now everyone that spams his Radial Javelin mindlessly doesn't even know how to play him properly or they simply don't want to.

I sort of have a feeling you havent played anything else than draco in a very long time. Im running 35-40 level missions and have no problem with a pure melee build.

Do you think people that actually did Draco liked doing it? It was just an easy way to get xp and rep (which you can still do by the way). You do that for maybe 10-minutes, then proceed to do whatever else you want to actually play, which came down to Void missions.

What I'm talking about are endless mission where enemies easily go over the Raid-level enemies and even into (and above) the levels of Phoenix Intercept Escalation. That's all there is left to do in this game and it's like they're balancing around Saturn at most.

I'd prefer if you didn't assume what my playstyle is or what I do when I decide to play Warframe.

Edited by Moasiac

Ikr? Before the nonLOS i'd see Excaliburs that actually wowed me with their performance but lately he was just turned into a tool for farming. Now everyone that spams his Radial Javelin mindlessly doesn't even know how to play him properly or they simply don't want to.

Standing in a pool of energy balls or with a trinity allowed for the Radial Blind/Super Jump/Radial Javelin combo, followed up/preceded with some Slash Dash to get away or get into position...

The nerf is happening to all abilities. I am certain about that. They're just testing water with RJ. Do you really think they going to left x-ray power like Radiant Disarm alone? Like it or not, it's happening and it has nothing to do with logic. DE Steve once said they do not intent for the game to play like this. So yeah, enjoy Warframe while it last. 

Do you think people that actually did Draco liked doing it? It was just an easy way to get xp and rep (which you can still do by the way). You do that for maybe 10-minutes, then proceed to do whatever else you want to actually play, which came down to Void missions.

What I'm talking about are endless mission where enemies easily go over the Raid-level enemies and even into (and above) the levels of Phoenix Intercept Escalation. That's all there is left to do in this game and it's like they're balancing around Saturn at most.

I'd prefer if you didn't assume what my playstyle is or what I do when I decide to play Warframe.

Yes, they clearly like it because the only thing that his LOS change hurts is rep farming. Actually play? Heh, doing daily missions is actually playing and you get an insane amount of rep for them. If you have a sigil equipped you will automatically gain rep, so the only thing you want now is instant gratification.

You do realize that when you have a sigil equipped you gain rep from all the missions right? You can leave draco and gain rep somewhere else, you do realize that right?

edit:

Its like you think that as long as your daily rep gain isnt maxed the only mission you can play is draco.

Edited by Qynchou

The nerf is happening to all abilities. I am certain about that. They're just testing water with RJ. Do you really think they going to left x-ray power like Radiant Disarm alone? Like it or not, it's happening and it has nothing to do with logic. DE Steve once said they do not intent for the game to play like this. So yeah, enjoy Warframe while it last. 

I welcome more changes and i don't think they will hurt Warframe, just the people that don't know how to play or enjoy the game. Hopefully Saryn's Miasma will get looked at next because she is already taking Excalibur's place for spam.

Yes, they clearly like it because the only thing that his LOS change hurts is rep farming. Actually play? Heh, doing daily missions is actually playing and you get an insane amount of rep for them. If you have a sigil equipped you will automatically gain rep, so the only thing you want now is instant gratification.

You do realize that when you have a sigil equipped you gain rep from all the missions right? You can leave draco and gain rep somewhere else, you do realize that right?

edit:

Its like you think that as long as your daily rep gain isnt maxed the only mission you can play is draco.

You have got to stop putting words in my mouth and assuming how I play or why I play.

I like going fast and LoS basically cut off taking excal on low level exterminates to nuke them. That's the fastest way I search for kubrow eggs and now that's a crap shoot. You were the one that mentioned Draco in the first place.

People also used Draco as a way to cap for the day or cap what was left of their daily cap when they didn't have the time to get rep playing long endless missions. As I said, Draco was just a quick way to get your rep and any xp you wanted so long as you got a group together to do it. For those who didn't have the time or drive to play other endless missions, Draco was an easy way to do that. I haven't even done Draco for quite some time, but for those who wanted to use it, it was there (and still is). Now that Excalibur has two abilities bound by LoS, the niches he fit into are dramatically smaller with some calling him to most useless frame there is. This game doesn't benefit from LoS with the amount of corners, rooms, and number of enemies thrown at us.

Edited by Moasiac

I welcome more changes and i don't think they will hurt Warframe, just the people that don't know how to play or enjoy the game. Hopefully Saryn's Miasma will get looked at next because she is already taking Excalibur's place for spam.

Good for you but a lot of player aint going to happy when they found out they can't cc the enemy shooting at their friend fighting behind them.

If something is broken and they "fix" it then they had better put it in the goddamn patch notes and not hide it! 

THAT is the problem here!

Good for you but a lot of player aint going to happy when they found out they can't cc the enemy shooting at their friend fighting behind them.

So? Common sense says to move out of the way of danger or hazards, not sit there and expect someone else to deal with it while you're being hurt. You could also use radial blind. It's not that hard to actually play the game. 

If something is broken and they "fix" it then they had better put it in the goddamn patch notes and not hide it! 

THAT is the problem here!

Well they commented on it and added it in later. Maybe they forgot? What the hell is constant complaining about them not including it in the patch notes going to accomplish? I'm sure they get the point already.

So? Common sense says to move out of the way of danger or hazards, not sit there and expect someone else to deal with it while you're being hurt. You could also use radial blind. It's not that hard to actually play the game.

LOL at stay out of danger. You're so far off that its not even funny. Did you even play the game or you just like to troll at the forum? You do realize unlike other shooter, the game throw massive amount of enemy at the player. This is like telling people that play dynasty warrior that they can avoid enemy hit. Your crap tactic might work at low level mission where enemy doesn't crowd so much. Poster like you make me wish there's an ignore option.