Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You Need To Realize That Low-End Computers Can't Run Relays.

EDeN153

I've already made a topic about this, everyone told me to go to the Orcus Relay, as it was the least populated. Now, since we lost a few relays, Orcus is no longer at a low enough population for at the very least, me to be able to run it without dropping to an fps of 2.

So, DE, can you please put a few relay functions into the liset? I mean like adding Simaris and the syndicate medallion system into the Syndicate console as well as Barro's selection into the normal Market console.

I would love you guys even more than I already did if you were to do this.

Except by adding those to the Liset's functions, it literally removes nearly every single reason for the very existence of the current relays.

And? You guys don't have U16 yet, but you are required to go to a relay for the Chroma quest, there is no way to get around it. 

And? You guys don't have U16 yet, but you are required to go to a relay for the Chroma quest, there is no way to get around it. 

We don't have performance issues*.

Oh, and by the way: Every update that consoles get, we also get things from the updates that PC gets.

Added: *We don't have any performance issues with the relays outside of the questionable state of optimization of them. The only time I have ever had an issue in relays was there's an extreme number of Tenno in one place (such as when Baro arrives) and when the relays were first put in, but nothing ever too crippling.

Edited by (PS4)ToastyFairy01

We don't have performance issues.

Oh, and by the way: Every update that consoles get, we also get things from the updates that PC gets.

I understand this. My example with Chroma's quest was to demonstrate that even if relays become barren due to functions being given to the liset, at least low-enders will actually be able to (don't know how to word this) use some of the games features.

Not trying to be rude but this is pretty much like a guy in wheelchair asking for people to slowdown in a race, you should know your limits.

And is your pc that bad? with a quad core, 4GB ram and a ati 4670 i can run relays at some decent 40-50 fps with average people inside, yes we should be able to go into relays in solo mode but thats all they can do.

Low end Computers was not meant for high end gaming.

Yes, we've established that. But is it anybody's fault if they're unable to afford a computer that can run Warframe decently? No.

have you tried buying a 500 dollar laptop? even that can run WF and not crash.

Yea, my pc really is that bad. I've had it for some time, and atm it's in the process of dying. But no, it's not like asking able-bodied runners to slow down for someone in a wheelchair, considering I'm not asking any player for help. To modify your analogy, this is like a guy in a wheelchair asking whoever's in charge of the race to try and make a separate one for similar people.

have you tried buying a 500 dollar laptop? even that can run WF and not crash.

I'm broke as frick atm.

hes just to lazy to go to the relays ... but not going to happen buddy ... u can always buy a PS4 instead of an actual PC

and I was just asking if we could change the FoV on relays, cause I understand it can be demanding on Hardware, but the shrinked view realy makes it hard to navigate in the relay sometimes ...

Yea, my pc really is that bad. I've had it for some time, and atm it's in the process of dying. But no, it's not like asking able-bodied runners to slow down for someone in a wheelchair, considering I'm not asking any player for help. To modify your analogy, this is like a guy in a wheelchair asking whoever's in charge of the race to try and make a separate one for similar people.

I'm broke as frick atm.

Well if it doesnt affects other players then yeah something can be done, i find the option to go into relays in solo mode quite decent.

Something that might help you:

The Relay population is region based.

Just switch to a region that has barely any players... like south america.

The relays there are usually empty.

Also... My laptop is 4-5 years old and runs relays with... barely any problems (the loading time sucks but that's pretty much all). Maybe a miracle lol.

hes just to lazy to go to the relays ... but not going to happen buddy ... u can always buy a PS4 instead of an actual PC

Please, please, PLEASE tell me you're joking. Seriously.

Did you know that I attempted to enter into a relay (Larunda) specifically, half the time I couldn't even load in and the other half was full of MASSIVE performance drops and a constant frame rate of 10.

Edit: Of course you didn't, but does that mean you can call me lazy if you don't know anything?

Edited by EDeN153

You also have to realize that low specs recommendations are made with consideration that the pc is working 100%. If you run warframe with low specs old PC, it's really just a matter of time till your hardware just can't keep up anymore. DE really has no responsibility for faulty hardware.

You also have to realize that low specs recommendations are made with consideration that the pc is working 100%. If you run warframe with low specs old PC, it's really just a matter of time till your hardware just can't keep up anymore. DE really has no responsibility for faulty hardware.

Ok? And? My point still stands. People with low-end computers play this game, and people with low-end computers cannot run relays.

Running a relay in a separate, solo instance should be a no-brainer for people that have issues such as the OP, of which there are a fair few. I have a good enough PC to run everything maxed but I too was once constrained to a low-end computer and can relate. DE should implement one such option.

and relays need to be a place where people can show off their bling-bling to others at some point,

I do not only not buy cosmetics in warframe because they are mostly goofy, no, there is simply no place to show it off to random players

and relays need to be a place where people can show off their bling-bling to others at some point,

I do not only not buy cosmetics in warframe because they are mostly goofy, no, there is simply no place to show it off to random players

Could you explain how this relates to the issue?

Ok? And? My point still stands. People with low-end computers play this game, and people with low-end computers cannot run relays.

Again, are your pc just low end or old low end? If it's just low end, then it's DE responsibility because your PC i still working 100%. And you even admit your PC is dying, there is nothing DE can do to fix your VGA, CPU or RAM. Even if you own high specs PC if the problem is your hardware, then DE has no responsbility for it.