The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Long Awaited

Annivenne

Update: I think I should apologize for not making my point clear initially.

I'm not complaining about raids being unavailable for solo players.

I'm not complaining about arcanes being underpowered/overpowered.

I'm not complaining about anything I could complain about, because I find complaining one of the most pointless ways of spending time.

What I'm trying to say is that if you promise something, you raise expectations, and if you don't fulfill them, you lose more than if you didn't promise anything in the first place.

Update 16 was hyped.

The update was hyped, the raid was hyped, arcanes were hyped, even Simaris got some.

But in the end, update 16 has less changes than many lesser 15.* updates had.

I'm asking for better advertisement policy, not for anything else.

I perfectly understand that developers put into updates as much as it's possible, so I'm not going on pointless "you should've done more", I'm just asking to be honest.

It's not something someone is obligated to do, because no one is. It's all about efficiency in the end.

----------

Even I anticipated update 16.

I've seen only one 'major' update - update 15. It brought Archwing, syndicate system, ability system overhaul, sabotage missions, stackable rewards in endless mission types, Europa tilesets, planet level and nav segments availability overhaul, directional air melee, almost a hundred new items, Excalibur rework, and many, many other smaller changes.

And here comes update 16, the long awaited. What could it bring?

Absolutely nothing.

I logged-in in the game, and I felt a little confused.

I re-set the extractors, and... And then what? I had nothing new to do, I had nothing to see, nothing to try.

I played a little, and all the impact I felt was a few graphical changes.

Let me count:

1) There's something about new PvP mode.

Yeah, sure, PvP? Not in this game. Even if it's good, I don't play PvP anyway.

2) New 'frame, new weapons, something whatever...

This is quantity, not quality.

Especially because the 'frame's design is... Well, tying stats to appearance is so obviously bad, I can't believe they actually did that. No matter how small impact is. You just don't do that. Period.

3) Raids.

Well, not "raids", it's one raid.

And I can't play it, because it's arbitrary locked behind number of players.

Yeah, sure, puzzles. This is what I mean.

Not only puzzles are ridiculously out of place here, I think their sole purpose was to drive away solo players. Good job.

And from what I've heard, the raid is... well, there's said enough about that on the forum. 

Not like I didn't expect that.

4) There are arcanes obtainable only through raids (So I can't get them anyway), and I can't believe how much worse than I expected raid rewards appeared to be.

Their impact is not too big and not too small. Balance? Hell no. Their impact is not substantial enough to provide joy from obtaining them (So you don't feel rewarded), but not too small to be overlooked and ignored (So you have to get them, if you want to be on your maximal efficiency).

In other words, you don't feel rewarded if you farm them, and you feel punished if you don't. Should I say how bad it is?

However, that's not the only problem with arcanes. Another problem is what it's tied to appearance. Again, for the second time in the same update.

Just... how? How could we get to this, after we were assured that appearance wouldn't interfere with stats?

Let me clarify though: you can apply arcanes only to helmets and syandanas, and that basically means you can apply them only to syandanas if you use more than one 'frame.

Don't want to wear a syandana? Sucks to be you!

Don't have a syandana? Well...

And if you don't want to pay your real money for a piece of cosmetics you never wanted, you're limited to syndicate syandanas. For most of the players that'd be one or two of them, I guess.

Don't like how it looks? Well, it's perfect time to begin to.

Also, I heard that the raid is literally unplayable for colourblind people because of colour puzzles or something.

I think the point is clear.

Although I wouldn't have been surprised, if there had been red text making fun of them.

"Tsk tsk, look at all these ragequitters".

Anyway, what else can the update promise?

Well, nothing.

That's it.

Yes, there's a new enemy, but it's pretty generic and not really going to change anything; there's also the new scanner, which is cute, I guess; completely butchered excavation missions; health/energy orbs that look like goo now; and big and pointless icon near mission progress bar, because apparently there was not enough visual junk on the screen.

So, yeah. I'm going to wait until update 17 or any update that can fix more than break.

Because hope is blind, that's why.

Edited by Annivenne

Well let me count

Chroma i done it in a day since i rush those chroma part but build frost , ember , volt , saryn in the same time 

Simaris Almost fully upgrade in a day too

Raid after finish the first run now can finish them in 20 minute or less

Yeah pretty much nothing left for me now just wait fking 23 hour for doing raid again since i don't like pvp in this game awkward and weirdo

Also Warframe it not MMO it third person shooter / Co-op

MMO is a multiplayer which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously which is not the case here

Edited by VioletX

sactuary, raids, chroma, weapons, & many more game improvements and newly added stuff,

i'm really enjoying this update and having fun especially the raids, ohh god so much of laughs, tension times etc...

wat to tell about chroma?  i already did 3 forma on him and wat a balanced frame, lovin it...

this update really keeping me busy....

and we are almost near to the prime access and anniversary stuff...

i agree the arcane enhancements may need a little buff/changes?  but come on they kept it like that for a longterm goal to make the warframes powerful slowly...i see endgame here?

Thank you DE..

Haters gonna hate

Edited by MusicalMind

Well,  honestly can't say I've blown away by U16 but why the bellyaching over it? If you actually looked at what was coming with U16 there wasn't much to get excited for, at least for me there wasn't.

8 player raids? Meh, hard enough to get a group of 3 of my friends on warframe at the same time anyways, and we're always more about casual "shoot 'n' loot" than "teh hardcore endgamez" anyways.

Likewise with PvP, glad it's getting a makeover/balance patch. Might even try it eventually but not something I'm jumping for joy over.

Not a fan of Chroma's design, but his powers look interesting, pleasantly surprised by him. I'll get him eventually, just like I have all the other frames, no rush. 

Zero interest in the two weapons, completely meh here. Enjoying the new look for my ogris though, was fun to pull it out again.

Simaris and thew new scanning were the one thing that really disappointed me. But then I was hoping for more, "lore library" and less "codex scanning 2.0". The new scanning/target hunting thing is novel but none of the rewards interest me so I stopped after I ran out of the free scanners I got, meh.

Well,  honestly can't say I've blown away by U16 but why the bellyaching over it? If you actually looked at what was coming with U16 there wasn't much to get excited for, at least for me there wasn't.

8 player raids? Meh, hard enough to get a group of 3 of my friends on warframe at the same time anyways, and we're always more about casual "shoot 'n' loot" than "teh hardcore endgamez" anyways.

Likewise with PvP, glad it's getting a makeover/balance patch. Might even try it eventually but not something I'm jumping for joy over.

Not a fan of Chroma's design, but his powers look interesting, pleasantly surprised by him. I'll get him eventually, just like I have all the other frames, no rush. 

Zero interest in the two weapons, completely meh here. Enjoying the new look for my ogris though, was fun to pull it out again.

Simaris and thew new scanning were the one thing that really disappointed me. But then I was hoping for more, "lore library" and less "codex scanning 2.0". The new scanning/target hunting thing is novel but none of the rewards interest me so I stopped after I ran out of the free scanners I got, meh.

Well, I expected end-game. Raids were supposed to be end-game. I didn't expect raids per se, but I thought raids would be the first step to fixing game balance. I thought that you can't just triple the enemy levels, double the number of players, are call that "end-game" (I thought the recent interception alert would graphically show that boosting enemy levels does not make end-game).

The raid is a gimmick currently, like most of the recent tactical alerts. While that may be good for alerts (Which are supposed to be gimmicks), that definitely is inappropriate for end-game.

If the raid was actually supposed to be just another ordinary mission with a few gimmicks and 8 players, why it's called "end-game"?

And Chroma... The problem not in the design, the problem is that his efficacy is tied to appearance, and it's not like there weren't enough feedback on that during the development...

That was not only painfully obviously wrong design decision (As I said, it's not the main problem), that feels like a jab at the players. Like "ha-ha, look, we can make a design that would be reviled by the majority and release it without any changes, because we can, and you can nothing".

If players are not to be heard, then why pretend you're listening?

Well, after all that red text, I do more believe that DE are more concerned for making fun of the players (On a more serious note - no, really, don't make fun of the players, ever. That's childish and would aggravate many more than entertain. Sorry, I digress again).

The same for arcanes - the problem not in that they're farmageddon worse than primed mods, the problem is that they were claimed to be "ultra-rare, ultra-unique end-game reward", they feel far from that, but break the balance nonetheless. The ultra-rare, ultra-unique end-game reward should feel great, but have small actual impact. Arcanes are exactly the opposite. And they're tied to appearance, despite all the feedback.

Edited by Annivenne

Also Warframe it not MMO it third person shooter / Co-op

MMO is a multiplayer which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously which is not the case here

Third person shooter is just the camera viewpoint. The entire game mechanic derives almost completely from an MMORPG, or lets just say ORPG. A game that focused completely on third person "shooting" would be something like counter strike or cod brought to a third person view. This is not that, here, you grind a lot, against the AI and collect items and get experience points. You can be a beast at headshoting, but without your proper collection of mods that enhance your weapon, you are useless against high level AI with infinite armor. Since aiming in this game is trivial, recoil is trivial and weapon spread is purely rng, and your weapon damage depends mainly on other factors other than your own skill, "shooter" is just but a small focus and third person is where the camera is positioned.

Edited by nms64

Third person shooter is just the camera viewpoint. The entire game mechanic derives almost completely from an MMORPG, or lets just say ORPG. A game that focused completely on third person "shooting" would be something like counter strike or cod brought to a third person view. This is not that, here, you grind a lot, against the AI and collect items and get experience points. You can be a beast at headshoting, but without your proper collection of mods that enhance your weapon, you are useless against high level AI with infinite armor. Since aiming in this game is trivial, recoil is trivial and weapon spread is purely rng, and your weapon damage depends mainly on other factors other than your own skill, "shooter" is just but a small focus and third person is where the camera is positioned.

It's much closer to rogue-like than to MMORPG. I'm not sure the term "ORPG" actually defines something, given how different RPGs are.

Anyway, it's not MMO. 8 people in one mission is not "Massively Multiplayer". Even 64 is not "massive".

The game can only be considered MMO, if all the players on the server are loaded into the same level.

Currently only relays work that way, but relay levels do not even have actual gameplay beside walking.

And well, it is focused completely on third-person "shooting" (Including abilities and similar mechanics). Loot, grinding, experience, etc. are just parts of the progression - they're not directly involved into gameplay; into what the player is actually doing most of the time.

Man, someone in here is really spoiled.

I'm starting to think this community is nothing now but people who feel they are entitled to more for less, and people who are never happy with new stuff. Just don't play the game if all you have to do is complain about it.