The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Turning Off My Computer Entirely

xXDANG3RDANXx

I have been playing Warframe for about 3 weeks now, and when I play solo missions, Warframe will completely and without warning turn my computer off, it doesn't happen every time but it happens often enough to be extremely annoying. my computer isn't top of the line but I have used it and tried it with lots of other games and it is definitely Warframe that is causing it. A few other forums say I need to do updates and stuff. it is not my chipset, all my drivers are up to date, it IS Warframe that is the problem. my computer is an acer aspire 5750g with 8gb ram and 1gb graphics card if it helps. all I want to know is if anyone else has had this problem and if they fixed it

I'd stop playing the game and wouldn't play it again until the problem is identified and fixed. You could be causing damage to your computer.

This for sure.

If your computer is suddenly powering off (not just closing Warframe and going through the whole peaceful "Shutting down..." sequence), chances are you computer is severely overheating. How old is your computer, and when was the last time you cleaned it?

Check your fans in the computer. Specifically the GPU.

My friend had this problem, and it was because his fan in the GPU broke.

When your GPU hits a certain temperature (for my GPU, it's 100 degrees Celsius. I use a GTX 560.) the computer shuts itself down to prevent harm to itself.

Now, depending on the card, the fan is 100% replaceable, and quite cheap.

I'd also check your CPU fan.

that's a laptop, and it's overheating... only thing you can do is get thermal paste changed and that one fan that's cooling it cleaned... freind has exacly the same laptop and but his one was crashing in ANY demanding game (even League of Legends) tho I've fixed it for him (changed it's thermal paste to Arctic MX5 and it didnt crash even once)
laptops have cheap thermal paste that becomes crappy and "stops" transfering heat generated by your CPU/GPU to the heat pipes causing CPU/GPU to overheat and your laptop to restart...

The laptop does get quite hot but no hotter than normal, and if it is overheating, that doesn't explain why it only turns off during solo missions, if I play online or in a group, I can play for hours with no problems at all.

Does it shut off if you're the one hosting the mission? If someone else is hosting, I think your computer gets a bit less CPU strain since it's not the one computing all the ragdoll positions and such. (This is how it works in other games, at least. I'm not sure how the Evolution Engine handles it.)

Are you saying that the temperature isn't any hotter than normal based on "it doesnt feel too hot when i rest my hand on it", or do you actually have a CPU/GPU temperature meter installed?

Edited by SortaRandom