The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Negatively Affecting Melee Speed

Anudanach

Pretty self explanatory and I believe this was brought to attention earlier. When it was fixed though it appears melee weapons were overlooked. Even with a high level fury mod you will notice in times of low fps that your melee swinging speed drops significantly.

I've also experienced this quite a bit.  This was painfully obvious with the Dual Zoren.

This issue, along with the massive FPS hit that affect hosts, really multiply into quite a problem.

Edited by OGD2

• 2 weeks later...

I never noticed how fast my dual ether were supposed to be until I logged in on a decent computer. While playing multiplayer; me on my laptop, my brother on his sleek desktop, when I swing my swords at maximum speed, on his end, my character swing once and resheaths between each strike.

Also, this isn't just affecting my melee. My Akboltos are also feeling the slowness of my fps. On a good computer, I can get 3-4x the rps than I do on this one. It's not that I only get one shot per frame, it's that there's a much longer delay between the shots than the gun's normal firing rate, and longer than the delay between several frames. I think that this must extend to other semiauto weapons as well.

The only weapons that I noticed were not affected by my fps are full-auto weapons like my Gorgon, they still appear to fire the normal number of rounds.