Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latrons

Qynchou

It's an anti-Tenno rifle, to be more precise. It's anti-everything.

Not that it's bad considering the balance, but it's become an issue where people don't seem to use anything else.

Is that counting that you only get headshots? Because a Latron can take you down from mid-long and lesser range without even having to score headshots.

So can the Bratons.... and they do it faster.

Theoretically Latrons are just as useful in close range as they are in long range, if we assume maximum skill ceiling is reached. With aimbot accuracy they are almost as good as automatics. Compare that to other specialized weapons like shotguns, which have built-in mechanics that make them worthless beyond their optimal range. Latrons are most versatile guns at the moment. They completely dominate in long range, are good for mid-range and still work in the close range.

Shotguns are a straw man comparison, since ALL of them with the single exception of the Boar Mk1 (which only just kind of sucks) are absolutely horrible and weaker than shizz in CtC right now.

That's called BALANCE, you fix weapons until everyone is fine. I think its an obvious thing. Probably you can't.

Do you have some problems in comprension and learning?

That's the thing, the latron vs braton vs gorgon thing is already quite close to balance.  If anything needs to change at the moment, it's probably that the bows need a slight damage buff, since they got somewhat overnerfed.  No, I didn't use any bows in PvP, ever, to cut you off at the ad-hominem logically fallacious knees.

You don't seem to be psychologically capable of imagining, even for a second, "what if those weapons aren't actually overpowered at all and I just stink at coming up with tactics to counter them?"  Please, just for a moment, imagine that it's possible you are wrong, instead of just telling everyone who disagrees with you that they are blind incompetent biased rhino primes wearing arcane vanguard with Latron Primes and Bo Primes and whatever secondary you doubtless assume is overpowered because you die to it from time to time as well.

Bias can be on both sides.  Yes, someone who uses something can be biased for it, but it's every bit as easy for someone who doesn't/can't/doesn't want to to be biased as well (you).

Edited by Vitalis_Inamorta

How should that discharge Latrons?

I can claim that too, I'm just seeing people with LatronPrime one/bishooting people.

I'm enough of Cheese playstyle fans hiding after a finger or fleebile arguments.

I've been one and two shot by a latron prime 2-3 times.  The vast majority of the time, however, it's 3-4 shots or more.  If you're constantly getting 1-2 shotted, it means you're constantly getting headshotted, which means either your strafing to avoid fire utterly sucks (probable) or you're knowingly exaggerating in the extreme (also probable) or a combination of the two (most probable).  I find the Bratons to be a whole lot more threatening, since I can't just get in close and rip them apart with melee nearly as easily as I can with all of the latrons.