Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrade Feasibility Increase

Steemship

The current growth rate for leveling up mods past rank 4-5 is too high. Past those ranks, the growth is too exponential to be feasible for the reward. 

I've played for about 190 hours and I have a few Vitaility 6s and Redirection 8s that I swap from warframe to warframe. Beyond that, it simply isn't feasible to waste all of the resources and credits needed to upgrade. Even if I didn't have duplicats at the same level, I still haven't looted enough mods combined to fully upgrade a Redirection. The problem isn't that big of an issue on other cards as much because it is usually only the last rank that is costly, but on mods that go past Rank 5, it simply isn't feasible to upgrade it any further. 

I'm not saying make it a linear growth, but it definately needs to be toned down a bit at higher levels. 

Right now it isn't 100% necessary to have max rank mods, and I think that is why the cost is so high. It is possible to max them out, just takes a lot of money, dupes and/or cores (last two ranks of serration cost me 650k and some 40-50 cores). Maybe in the future if they become necessary then the costs will be reduced, but right now it is just high cost/minimal reward.